Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Typical reactionary NFL Gen - Lawrence has a good game and suddenly the thread is "disproven" and he is great after all! 

The question is, how many times will Trevor Lawrence have to school the Colts before the OP is willing to admit he was wrong?

If I'm any indication, it will probably be a long time.  When I saw Aaron Rodgers play the first couple of times, I was happy to see that the Packers were replacing Brett Favre with a real dud.  Obviously, I was titanically wrong on that one, but I'm still sticking to my guns whenever and wherever I can when it comes to Rodgers.  (Don't tell anyone I said this, but the guy is pretty good.)

20 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

If he only has two good games a year, then yes it will be a long time. 

You can hope for that, but you will probably be disappointed.  One thing is certain.  You and I are going to have a fun rivalry for the next few years.  I love the banter back and forth with you, even if you do cheer for the wrong team.  :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I think the problem with Lawrence is that his team is full of JAG's. That can’t be fixed until he changes teams.

Trevor is going to prove that you actually can make chicken salad out of...ah...I mean...he'll be a JagUAR for life! 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

You can hope for that, but you will probably be disappointed.  One thing is certain.  You and I are going to have a fun rivalry for the next few years.  I love the banter back and forth with you, even if you do cheer for the wrong team.  :)

I'm glad you're taking it the right way, buddy. This is just sports, after all - it's easy for people to mistake it for politics or religion and get needlessly upset.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I'm glad you're taking it the right way, buddy. This is just sports, after all - it's easy for people to mistake it for politics or religion and get needlessly upset.

Yep.  A lot of people can't handle it.  One of the mods in the Packer forum had me banned from posting in there.  LOL.  It's all just friendly competition between rivals.  Most of the Cheeseheads in there are great guys, but like you said, there are a few who take things WAY too personally.  Whatever.  Now I can work you over instead of them!  Hahaha!

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  A lot of people can't handle it.  One of the mods in the Packer forum had me banned from posting in there.  LOL.  It's all just friendly competition between rivals.  Most of the Cheeseheads in there are great guys, but like you said, there are a few who take things WAY too personally.  Whatever.  Now I can work you over instead of them!  Hahaha!

Man, it seems like so long ago when I moderated the Packers forum.

• Like 1

Haven't watched much of him this year, but watched vs Indy and I am gobsmacked by how bad the Jags talent level is on O. Can't be more than 1 or 2 players who are starters on any other team? Guy is playing with two hands tied behind his back. 

Edited by Jraider91
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Haven't watched much of him this year, but watched vs Indy and I am gobsmacked by how bad the Jags talent level is on O. Can't be more than 1 or 2 players who are starters on any other team? Guy is playing with two hands tied behind his back. 

Yeah, by Week 18, we were pretty depleted by injuries.  We lost our top 2 running backs (Etienne and Robinson), our #1 tight end (Dan Arnold), our #1 receiver (D.J. Chark) all to injuries. 

Two other receivers have not been playing as well as we expected them to also.  I was really excited about Laviska Shenault coming into this season, but he had a LOT of drops this season. 

Free agent Marvin Jones, Jr. regressed a lot this year, IMO.  He had some nice catches in the Colts game this week, but I heard that he had some financial incentives in his contract that he needed to reach, so it makes me wonder if he has just been lacking in motivation for a lot of the season otherwise. 

For the last month, Laquon Treadwell has been our most productive receiver.  He was a first round pick in Minnesota, but wasn't resigned after his rookie contract because he was considered pretty much a bust.  He is a nice guy though, and a very hard worker too, so it's nice to see him have the success he has had in recent weeks.  I'd love to see him continue to progress and find a home here next season and into the future.

Other than that, you're right.  We don't have much at all as far as weapons on offense.  Hopefully, we can solve a lot of that this off season.

• Like 1