Jeff Hughes; Good Offensive Coaches Don’t Have Games Like Sunday

soulman

10 hours ago, GBHalas said:

The ONLY way Nagy keeps his job is give the offense to Lazor. Those three weeks were the only time the Bears looks like a professional offense.  The make shift offensive line opened holes for Montgomery and Trubisky looked like a professional quarterback.  Last year I brought up that it may be Nagy and not Trubisky and no one really agreed.  I think there's proof to my hypothesis. Nagy needs to be the guy on the sidelines with NOTHING in his hands and over seeing the entire team like other head coaches. If he can't agree to that then he should be let go

I said it was both MT and Nagy.  I said in offseason if Allen were to get hurt MT could succeed in Buffalo because he has good coaching and team around him.  Similar to what you are seeing in Carolina.  I said that would happen too.   Situation matters a lot.  People put too much credit and blame on QBs.

There were a lot of games lack of success with MT was Oline and scheme.  But MT still missed throws and made wrong read in both pass and run game.  He would miss really easy run reads which are easy to see even not knowing all passing concepts.  So MT is not without blame.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

There were a lot of games lack of success with MT was Oline and scheme.  But MT still missed throws and made wrong read in both pass and run game.  He would miss really easy run reads which are easy to see even not knowing all passing concepts.  So MT is not without blame.  

True but then Mitch was a very inexperienced college QB with just one years experience as a starter.  He was chosen for his physical traits not his intangibles and we knew he would require some solid coaching in order to develop into a successful NFL passer.  He never got it and that is on Nagy.

That and Nagy's insistence that things always be done his way whether they worked or not.

That was in evidence again on Sunday.  Where were the rollouts, a moving pocket?  Where were the RPO plays?  Where were screen passes and draw plays and shovel passes to turn Cleveland's aggressive pass rush against them as teams have often done to us?  Nowhere, that's where.

Down after down Nagy sent Fields back into the pocket and kept him there knowing full well that as a rookie Fields would need more time and better protection if he expected him to be successful throwing the ball.  There's Matt Nagy's clueless arrogance rising to the top all over again.

There has to be a reason why with all of the personnel changes Pace has actually made to get Nagy the players he wants and through five different QBs Matt Nagy's offense still doesn't function.  In fact it's the height of dysfunction.  It's a lemon.  A complete design failure.

If it was a GM automobile Ralph Nader would right a book about it "Unsafe in Any Game".

Edited by soulman
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Damn straight. Wakanda forever baby. 

Funny story my kids went bat**** when they heard a radio ad for a car dealership or something in Wauconda.  "Wakanda is real???? CAN WE PLEASE GO TO WAKANDA!?"

2 hours ago, soulman said:

That and Nagy's insistence that things always be done his way whether they worked or not.

A lot of you guys liked the idea of Nagy and so did I, but it sure is apparent that he's got too much of his own psychology in his game plans. Sometimes I feel like he's that guy in Princess Bride switching the cups back and forth trying to outthink his opponent instead of figuring out what Bears do good and oppo do bad. I get a bit like that too in sport and life and sometimes try and get too fancy. Luckily my wife (not DLL) is usually around for both to point out that the obvious good thing is probably the good thing to do.  You know that gif of (I think) a Jacksonville fan looking incredulous in the stands?  That was me all game Sunday, just every single time Peters was up against Garrett one on one while the receivers are out there coverign the DBs like glue, it just seemed fated to fail.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

A lot of you guys liked the idea of Nagy and so did I, but it sure is apparent that he's got too much of his own psychology in his game plans.

Whoever posted that if Nagy thinks something would fool him defensively it must be good yet he's not a defensive coach or even a good offensive coach.  Football is as much or more about execution as it is about the X's and the O's.  I really have to wonder what kind of practices he runs when he claims everything was so great all week long then his team goes out and steps on it's ***** on Sunday.  Why even practice at all?

Biggy's column today says Nagy states "everything is on the table". 

Okay Matt but if it's the same table you've been using for the past three years I'd suggest you get a new table.

Biggsy's column says Matt Nagy is gonna call up people who will give him honest opinions about his team and what to do.  No sugar coating it.

Okay Matt but if they suggest that you resign now will that be "on the table" too?

I can't possibly imagine what anyone could tell him that isn't already as obvious as the nose on his face and his is a fairly large nose.

If at some point in time Justin Fields is designated to take over full time how are you all gonna make up for the 5 months time wasted not getting him ready to play in schemes designed specifically for him?  Seems to me the answer to that is you never had ANY schemes designed specifically for him.  All you had were some variations on the same old crap you run game after game.

You weren't excited because you had an athletic QB with a great arm and accuracy you could explore new ground with you were excited because you thought he's the one who could finally have success with your horse **** offense.  Guess you were wrong about that too.  Fellow sportsfans it's hopeless.  If in 3.25 seasons Matt Nagy has not been able to assemble an offense that can even score enough points to put it in the top 50% of NFL teams he's not gonna magically find the solution now and Mike Tice used up the last of the OL "fairy dust" long ago.

If Pace, Teddy Bears, and GMcC can't see the handwriting on the wall by now they should all be gone.  There are no more chances to be given because the future is here and he's wearing jersey #1.  Windy is right.  From this point forward Matt Nagy should not be allowed to coach Justin Fields or game plan for him.  If they won't fire Nagy now then order him to sit Fields and finish the season with Dalton and Foles.   Or Fire Nagy and play Fields come what may but start creating game plans he can survive with or we'll have another rookie draft pick on the IR.

What needs to be done is so obvious my 18 year old grandson could coach it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, soulman said:

To be honest I'm beginning to question Nagy's grasp on reality in the same way much of the country is feeling the same about TFG and his ongoing act over the election.  Words are worthless if Nagy can't even accept the reality that his way doesn't work.  He's failed as an NFL HC.

Yeah.

I said it before, and I meant it. Nagy is nuts. 

• Like 1

I had forgotten that when Nagy became head coach he had less experience at OC then Mitch had at QB.  How did we ever think this was a good idea?  (Yes I was excited when we hired him but I plead ignorance!)

sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothin

Edited by Bfan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Funny story my kids went bat**** when they heard a radio ad for a car dealership or something in Wauconda.  "Wakanda is real???? CAN WE PLEASE GO TO WAKANDA!?"

I grew up in Wauconda, and every time I tell someone that they think I'm messing around.