The Return Of The King - Bucs (2-1) @ Pats (1-2)

ravishingone

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

This has to end now.  ATL game- Jensen flagged 15 yd, next play fumble.  Barrett offsides, negates TD.  Rams- OPI on Gronk during last drive before first half.  Not a penalty- Pinion 15 yd punt.  These are huge events in games, which have a ripple effect.  Hopefully, what they learn from the LA game, stop beating yourself.

This was a big reason we went on that loosing streak in middle of season last year. You just can't have these. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Don't trust Bowles anymore 

Until he proves otherwise 

Idk if thats completely fair to Bowles. I think he's proven himself in the playoffs. Given the competition we've faced early on, and the injuries we've had in the secondary, I don't think it's anywhere near time to panic on him. 

Yes, we're on pace for a historically bad pass defense and it's been disappointing to watch, but you gotta look at the context. 

1. We've faced Matt Stafford (MVP favorite) and Dak Prescott (who's already setting yardage records). We're not going to see QBs like them, or weapons like Kupp+Co or Amari+CD+Co very much this season. 

2. We're leading the league in pass attempts against us because either no one can run, or they're playing catch up (i.e. Falcons). So while we've given up the most yards, we're really mid-pack in passing defense when you look at Yards Per Attempt. Same with scoring defense, we're mid-pack when you look at drives ending in scores instead of just total points. 

Our pass rush has greatly underperformed as well with only 3 sacks, but the Rams and Cowboys did have top 5 OL units when we went up against them. When we played the Falcons we were able to bring pressure and caused some big turnovers. Not saying its an excuse to play good OLs and they do have to do better, but they have performed at elite levels in the past so lets give them some time before saying its an issue going forward. 

12 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Idk if thats completely fair to Bowles. I think he's proven himself in the playoffs. Given the competition we've faced early on, and the injuries we've had in the secondary, I don't think it's anywhere near time to panic on him. 

Yes, we're on pace for a historically bad pass defense and it's been disappointing to watch, but you gotta look at the context. 

1. We've faced Matt Stafford (MVP favorite) and Dak Prescott (who's already setting yardage records). We're not going to see QBs like them, or weapons like Kupp+Co or Amari+CD+Co very much this season. 

2. We're leading the league in pass attempts against us because either no one can run, or they're playing catch up (i.e. Falcons). So while we've given up the most yards, we're really mid-pack in passing defense when you look at Yards Per Attempt. Same with scoring defense, we're mid-pack when you look at drives ending in scores instead of just total points. 

Our pass rush has greatly underperformed as well with only 3 sacks, but the Rams and Cowboys did have top 5 OL units when we went up against them. When we played the Falcons we were able to bring pressure and caused some big turnovers. Not saying its an excuse to play good OLs and they do have to do better, but they have performed at elite levels in the past so lets give them some time before saying its an issue going forward. 

yeah i get that sentiment

but its not like Bowles was doing much before the KC game last year either, our pass D was pretty erratic the whole season up until that last 4 game stretch + playoffs

so whats to say we didnt just catch fire when we needed to?

i sure hope not 

but the start to the season isnt showing much albeit against 2 good teams

Bowles deserves some blame but he isn't making Devin White play awful and play backup corners on purpose. Also his pass rush isn't winning enough.

It's going to improve for the Bucs eventually but it will take weeks and more frustration will build in the meantime.

Once we get SMB back and Sherman is up to speed and we're into the softer part of our opponents/schedule (Offensively wise), i.e. teams like the Giants, Bears, Washington, Eagles, Colts and we're still playing the way we are on defense, then it's time to start being worried on the defensive side of the ball. 

Until then, it is what it is. I think we're all forgetting that a SB hangover is real for a lot of players even deep into the next year. 

• Like 1