Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

Im stilll waiting on that all pro/pro bowl next great DT named jeffrey simmons to show up.. that mane has so many titans fans fooled.. he is NOT what yall think he is or hyped to be... dude was invisible YET AGAIN for that entire game.. against the jet o line with a rookie blocking him... literally everyone on that d line is playing well. they call landry's name at least 4-5 times in every game this season.. tart is playing well eating up blocks in the run game.. autry has his name called at least 3-4 times a game.. simmons? the captain? the guy who was a "steal"? doesnt have his name mentioned ONCE.. and barely did against the colts.... the defense shouldve been able to carry us to a victory and they didnt and it starts up from with the "captain'. good grief

8 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Im stilll waiting on that all pro/pro bowl next great DT named jeffrey simmons to show up.. that mane has so many titans fans fooled.. he is NOT what yall think he is or hyped to be... dude was invisible YET AGAIN for that entire game.. against the jet o line with a rookie blocking him... literally everyone on that d line is playing well. they call landry's name at least 4-5 times in every game this season.. tart is playing well eating up blocks in the run game.. autry has his name called at least 3-4 times a game.. simmons? the captain? the guy who was a "steal"? doesnt have his name mentioned ONCE.. and barely did against the colts.... the defense shouldve been able to carry us to a victory and they didnt and it starts up from with the "captain'. good grief

Third time in four games the biggest problem with the defense were frequent blown assignments by the secondary downfield. Definitely all starts with the defensive tackle.

• Like 2

Just now, titans0021 said:

And I’m not even saying Simmons was good yesterday. He was invisible and I saw a few reps where he just couldn’t get push one on one. But he’s not the one letting receivers run free behind him.

yeah.. hes just the one d lineman literally not doing anything.. maybe if he would, the qb wouldnt have time to see those receivers.. entire defense played bad but im calling out the big time players who are suppose to be leaders on D. he suppose to be our best player on defense and he hasnt made a play or had a good game since seattle... he deserves blame.. much of it if you asked me.. he isnt just some guy.. again, he SUPPOSE to be the guy..

9 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

yeah.. hes just the one d lineman literally not doing anything.. maybe if he would, the qb wouldnt have time to see those receivers.. entire defense played bad but im calling out the big time players who are suppose to be leaders on D. he suppose to be our best player on defense and he hasnt made a play or had a good game since seattle... he deserves blame.. much of it if you asked me.. he isnt just some guy.. again, he SUPPOSE to be the guy..

I do agree with the sentiment that Simmons maybe...probably...isn't the game changer that he was hoped to be

Clearly teams focus on him and double-team him. And I bet if you watch every second of film, you'd see him doing a lot of dirty work and opening things for other people. Kinda like Landry.

But a lot like Landry (who was awesome yesterday)...when do the splash plays come? 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

So much for my wishful thinking with Quess.

damn, i wonder if there was a not-great-but-okay player who maybe started for us last year but was inexplicably cut for no reason who might have fared better than a guy who was a third stringer last year! makes you think!!!!

In fairness I think Dennis Kelly sucked too when he wasn't getting a lot of help. We went 3 WR more often this game than normal, which makes sense because our top two were out?

We haven't been able to pass protect without the threat of the run since Conklin left, and even then we weren't great at it.

Every OL brought in by Robinson has a strength of run-blocking. Not pass blocking.

Yesterday was a lot of scheme issues as well. Guys untouched on blitzes not picked up. That's on the piss poor coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

just absolutely exhausted by this coaching staff always, always choosing the stupidest possible option personnel-wise. what on gods green earth would compel you to move fulton inside? 

Jackson "wasn't available" was what I saw Vrabel said. Assuming injury.

Still dumb

Edited by TitanSS

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Jackson "wasn't available" was what I saw Vrabel said. Assuming injury.

Still dumb

no, i know. but like the tweet says, you're creating *two* problems by handling it the way they did instead of just one. if you're not confident in molden, put literally anyone else out there. put freaking matthias farley in the slot. don't move our best outside corner there!

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The talk now is whether we should have gone for 2 to win the game instead of tie it. 

I was at the game, so I didn’t get a chance to talk about it in real time

I would have went for 2 

The other play that killed us was the 3rd and 1 snapped over Tannehill’s head

Wasnt it last year in Baltimore, Jones missed a few plays and then Titans tried going Wild Cat and Brewer snapped it passed Henry?

Dont get what is so hard to have Tannehill under center and Henry behind him so atleast the Jets would to have had to worry about a QB sneak or Henry

Vrabels explanation for that is embarrassing 

• Like 1