Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

Tannehill has always had a bad internal clock in the pocket. That is a fact. The OL is trash. That is also fact. The scheme/protection calls have also sucked. Also fact. All 3 can be true. I get it, Tannehill is a very good QB and since we haven’t had one since McNair, people will defend him forever. A lot on here tried to do the same for Mariota but the fact is, he just wasn’t very good. Tannehill is good, in fact very good. The OL is complete trash right now but Tannehill has also held onto the ball too long at times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Like the entire play design and formation is built for the crosser. We ran the same play two other times in that game, and it worked. To the crosser. And it would’ve worked again. If it wasn’t for an offensive line meltdown. 

The WR was still open before he was sack, yes the OL had a meltdown but this when you have to still get it done when everything isn’t perfect 

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Tannehill has always had a bad internal clock in the pocket. That is a fact. The OL is trash. That is also fact. The scheme/protection calls have also sucked. Also fact. All 3 can be true. I get it, Tannehill is a very good QB and since we haven’t had one since McNair, people will defend him forever. A lot on here tried to do the same for Mariota but the fact is, he just wasn’t very good. Tannehill is good, in fact very good. The OL is complete trash right now but Tannehill has also held onto the ball too long at times.

My man Sal always keep a buck a$$holes understand each other I guess 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m just not sure it’s reasonable that, when surrounded garbage, the expectation for Tannehill is perfection. Especially when he’s not even the one that makes the line calls in the offense.

No that’s not true some of you take critique a player all wrong as if you can’t mention his weaknesses I don’t expect him to be great I just want to see him become great I want to see him grow into a elite passer though I think he has the tools but not the right coaching staff to get him there. When I’m speaking the truth I’m calling it how I see it nothing more nothing less 

Sure, Tannehill can hold the ball too long. It’s been an issue. He also took 1.5 sacks per game last year with two bad tackles. He was sixth in the league on Sunday in snap to throw while playing with one NFL caliber receiver. He took a bad sack in the Red Zone against the Jets too, I’d be fine bringing that one up.

When there are completely free rushers on plays where there are enough OL to block every rusher, that’s a line failure, not a Tannehill failure.

I think the difference is that there are those of us that recognize that Tannehill is a very good QB, but not a HOF QB. And that, when the coaching staff is bad, the WRs are talentless and the OL has been a black, never ending pit of assets that only gets worse, dwelling on the limitations of the very good QB who doesn’t have Brady like pocket presence seems like a really weird area of focus. He’s probably not going to get better at it at 32, but it’s a very easy limitation to overcome if other players even kind of do their jobs.

• Like 2

I think at this point some people *cough* you know who you are *cough* are just trying to defend their original take on Tannehill even though it's been very easily proven wrong in every possible way.

We've all had bad takes. Time to let it rest.

He does have a tendency to hold on to the ball too long. We all know it, but it wasn't an issue last year with two backup level OTs. Also, the plays when he's being grabbed by multiple dudes in under 2.0 seconds aren't really the time to be yelling at the QB to get the ball out just so you can try to defend your original take.

He was pressured 21 times by a team that generated 31 pressures. That means it's likely that multiple people were pressuring him on about half of the plays he was pressured. It's one thing to avoid a sack when one person beats a block and is bearing down on the QB... It's really hard to avoid a sack when the entire pocket collapses immediately and multiple people are bearing down on the QB.

We had 7 man protections (only 3 receivers actually running a route) where 4-5 man rushes got near instant penetration. Hard to be that bad against a team with no real notable pass rushers. The difference between having a bad OL with guys who can get separation and having a bad OL with trash WRs who pose no threat to average to below average CBs.

Edited by TitanSS

It is difficult to make a "blanket" case that he either holds the ball too long...or that he has no fault. the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

There are clear cases where he hits his back foot at the top of his drop and we all sit at home and say "git rid of it" then boom he pulls it down and gets swallowed up. I can see it clear as day...he just needs to throw it away and avoid the sack...but he seems like he doesn't like to throw the ball away. Not sure if he is so consumed with completion% that he would rather take the sack...but it happens way too often.

Then there is the instances that he never gets to his drop and the line just gives no resistance. 

The coaches need some part of the blame too...how about we move the pocket, or roll him out. That was literally the Jets entire offense Sunday...drop the kid back, buy a little time then trow it deep. We had no answer for that, so it seem we might give it a try. 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I think at this point some people *cough* you know who you are *cough* are just trying to defend their original take on Tannehill even though it's been very easily proven wrong in every possible way.

We've all had bad takes. Time to let it rest.

He does have a tendency to hold on to the ball too long. We all know it, but it wasn't an issue last year with two backup level OTs. Also, the plays when he's being grabbed by multiple dudes in under 2.0 seconds aren't really the time to be yelling at the QB to get the ball out just so you can try to defend your original take.

He was pressured 21 times by a team that generated 31 pressures. That means it's likely that multiple people were pressuring him on about half of the plays he was pressured. It's one thing to avoid a sack when one person beats a block and is bearing down on the QB... It's really hard to avoid a sack when the entire pocket collapses immediately and multiple people are bearing down on the QB.

We had 7 man protections (only 3 receivers actually running a route) where 4-5 man rushes got near instant penetration. Hard to be that bad against a team with no real notable pass rushers. The difference between having a bad OL with guys who can get separation and having a bad OL with trash WRs who pose no threat to average to below average CBs.

Cough cough 😷 don’t be spreading Covid on the forum, my take on Tannehill has been consistent since day 1 never changed what I said. I was an advocate for Tannehill & said day 1 he was acquired he’s better than mariota & wasn’t wrong. Your opinion is your opinion yes he has the stats but he still is a game manager that’s a fact. Our coaching staff clearly feels the same way. This is Derrick Henry offense we’re run 1st, the offense is Henry. We don’t even believe in using the pass to setup the run. Cough cough like I said till the coaching staff change their approach I’m call it how o see it. A manager is someone who oversees a operation & run it for the head person in charge. That’s Tannehill job in this offense, don’t screw it up, take what the defense gives you & take your shots when the opportunity is there but play within Derrick Henry’s offense. You know the guy they were giving MVP consideration last yr, the guy that rushed for 2k yards, the guy, that was voted I believe top 4 amongst his peers in the NFL vs the guy rank 83… cough cough that’s all folks 

Edited by TitanRedd

Stop with the I’m a Tannehill hater he’s clearly the best QB in Titan history, though McNair MVP season was a thing of beauty he carried the team in 03 that offense was his start to finish, Eddie my opinion should’ve been Chris Brown back up but Fisher remained loyal to a beat down RB. But hey he’s elite him & Jeffery Simmons are there.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Stop with the I’m a Tannehill hater he’s clearly the best QB in Titan history, though McNair MVP season was a thing of beauty he carried the team in 03 that offense was his start to finish, Eddie my opinion should’ve been Chris Brown back up but Fisher remained loyal to a beat down RB. But hey he’s elite him & Jeffery Simmons are there.

*Cough* lol

You're not a hater, but you are either just refusing to give up on something you are clearly wrong about or don't understand what a game manager is. 

Kerry Collins '08 was a game manager. Ryan Tannehill is a top 10 QB.

You can make up your own definition for game manager if you want, but it's going to be accepted by everyone else as someone who doesn't really do anything to help the team win,  but just tries not to screw up so the team can win low scoring games with defense and the running game.

Modify the definition any way you want to avoid admitting you were wrong 😂

45 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

*Cough* lol

You're not a hater, but you are either just refusing to give up on something you are clearly wrong about or don't understand what a game manager is. 

Kerry Collins '08 was a game manager. Ryan Tannehill is a top 10 QB.

You can make up your own definition for game manager if you want, but it's going to be accepted by everyone else as someone who doesn't really do anything to help the team win,  but just tries not to screw up so the team can win low scoring games with defense and the running game.

Modify the definition any way you want to avoid admitting you were wrong 😂

Admit that I’m wrong about what I’ve said he’s a very good QB & Kerry Collins was a game manager who operated in a 2 Back system of Chris Johnson & Lendale. Ryan Tannehill is a top tier game manager as I’ve always said. Tell your self what you want to hear so I don’t care I’m a realist. This the Derrick Henry show he’s the engine the car Tannehill is the driver. Facts says the OC, says the NFL & Tannehill peers tell me what QB total for 40 TD’s & gets voted 83 😂😂😂 83 out of 100 yea good night bucko