Who is Batman?   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Batman?

• Christian Bale
    • George Clooney
    • Adam West
    • Val Kilmer and his batsuit with nipples
    • Michael Keaton
    • The dude from Harry Potter that actually looks like he may be pretty solid in the role
    • Matt Damon's former best friend

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I did indeed. He's my fantasy QB and the Rams played the first three weeks in a different time slot than the Ravens, so I have watched a lot of his snaps.

As I said before, his numbers are very much below average. Adding in those drops would certainly help him but does not take it from below average to amazing. More like from below average to league average as a passer.

He's obviously an above average football player overall though.

That's also assuming no other QB suffers from WR drops. You don't just get to add in drops for your guy and assume every other QB is never let down by his surrounding cast. Also OL breakdowns, should we factor those in too?

I liked what I saw from the Ravens/Broncos game. The Ravens for what seems like John Harbaugh's entire tenure have always come across as a team that no matter who they play or where they play, they'll always have a decent chance to win. It's pretty remarkable for how well the Ravens have been able to tread water on offense when they've been pretty terrible on 3rd and long situations this season thus far. 

Hopefully Teddy can come back strong for the Broncos next game. Also that run by Javonte Williams was one of the hungriest runs I had seen in a while. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

9 hours ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

A QB isn't winning MVP in this league without throwing for at least 30 TD's. I don't care how dominant he is on the ground. This isn't 2002.

Lamar isn't/shouldn't be in the MVP award discussion. Agree that the numbers aren't there. Also, don't think anyone suggested that, but may have missed it.

On a more literal sense of valuable, he is doing exactly what you hope to see from an elite QB does with far less than ideal circumstances, which is to carry them to success (as much as a single player can). The MVP award will always go to a player on a very good to great team (including when Lamar won it) because production of QBs of every level are dependent on supporting cast. 

Edited by wackywabbit

I guess that offensive line for Tennessee might be an issue all season long. Tannehill also has had a habit in the past of taking too many sacks. I guess I was wrong for assuming the Titans would still roll over the Jets despite missing their two top receiving targets. Their offensive unit just wasn't as crisp without Jones and Brown. 

I'm not even a Jets fan, but I was happy seeing Saleh get his first win. Also happy for Wilson who after his second career game had a line of people declaring him a bust. He made some remarkable throws in this game, and it's very evident of the arm talent he has to work with. Didn't know he could get the ball that far in addition to being accurate on some of those moon rockets. He just needs time to grow, but his potential to go off like that any game should start putting more fans in the seats. 

• Like 1

Brandon Staley is going to be like the Sean McVay of defense in LA for the Chargers. 

I've obviously gotten into some exchanges regarding the Chargers before the Raiders game, lol. But their team is very good and Herbert is an absolute monster. Really wouldn't surprise me to see a Chargers/Rams super bowl this year, in So-Fi too, what a sight that would be.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Brandon Staley is going to be like the Sean McVay of defense in LA for the Chargers. 

I've obviously gotten into some exchanges regarding the Chargers before the Raiders game, lol. But their team is very good and Herbert is an absolute monster. Really wouldn't surprise me to see a Chargers/Rams super bowl this year, in So-Fi too, what a sight that would be.

You admit it after they beat your team, lol. Your team isn’t some measuring stick of greatness unfortunately. 

Although I don’t expect LAC in the super bowl…high praise!

2 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

You admit it after they beat your team, lol. Your team isn’t some measuring stick of greatness unfortunately. 

Although I don’t expect LAC in the super bowl…high praise!

Chiefs and Chargers both good. Be nice to me, lol. I accept our fate after that whooping last night. It's going to be an absolute nightmare playing Mahomes and Herbert 4 times a year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

You probably have to say Kyler is shaping up into the MVP front runner.

Personally expect tougher games to come for him, but if he keeps this up, it’s his. 

Currently the favorite at +500, Josh Allen is 2nd at +600, and Justin Herbert is 3rd at +800.

9 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Watt going to the Cardinals is turning out to be a great choice. Cardinals will definitely be the NFC team I’m rooting for.

Agreed, he's having an impact on a contender - which is all we wanted for him.

Good to see him on a winning team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

As a Raiders fan I have to mentally find reasons as to why we will win, lol. I've literally expected us to lose every game this season and the other fans in our section love to rub it in if we do win. I personally went to the game expecting us to lose and I was sitting next to a ton of Chargers fans. They hated my two buddies but were dapping me up after the game because I never talked ish or was rude, lol. 

My homerism glasses are typically strong at this point in the season. But from an objective standpoint I know full and well it will be the Chiefs and Chargers at the top of our division at the end of the season. Carr isn't close to Mahomes/Herbert, our OL is a mess, and our defense lacks talent across the board. 

Based on what I've seen this year from the AFC I expect KC, LAC, or Buffalo to make the Super Bowl against one of the LAR, AZ, or TB. 

I went to the Raiders/Chiefs final game ever in Oakland when Mahomes put up that master piece performance and was probably the only fan that wasn't upset about it. I was genuinely happy that I'll be able to tell my kids I seen him play in person. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Agreed, he's having an impact on a contender - which is all we wanted for him.

Good to see him on a winning team.

He's currently on pace for 5,500 total yards and 49 total TDs. If I had to bet on it I'd be 100% confident the MVP winds up being Murray, Stafford, or Allen.

It's been over a decide since Super Bowl 45, and perhaps I had guzzled too much nostalgia fuel recently, but I was hoping for a good game between the Steelers/Packers. Probably the last time we'll see these two HOF quarterbacks knuckle up. Unfortunately, it's pretty clearly for a while now that Big Ben is just completely toasted. Neither team is as well rounded as their 2010 squads, although the Packers are closer. Anyway the game was largely unremarkable. I guess my point is that getting old sucks. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Unfortunately, it's pretty clearly for a while now that Big Ben is just completely toasted.

Ben doesn't seem like the "my body is a temple" sort of guy.

In fact... he actually seems like the type who'd crash diet with diet pills and do 45 minutes of elliptical work daily, about a month before training camp starts just so he can make weight.

Call it a hunch, but I think Big Ben has a cabinet filled with Hydroxicut that he downs like candy, right around the time when OTAs are getting started.

• Like 2