That was stressful; Browns Vikings up and downs

Kiwibrown

Kevin Stefanski and Mayfield were not at their best today. The defense was solid though especially after the first drive. That was just a game you are super happy to escape with a road win. Hoping whatever is going on with Mayfield, his shoulder, etc. is on the up and up in the next week or two.

Up

1 Joe woods

2 D line

3 JOK

4 McLaughlin 

5 win

Down

1 Baker played terrible 

2 4th down execution terrible again 

3 Jamie Gillan needs to be replaced ASAP 

4 Wills needs to be sat until healthy

5 people blaming Baker’s poor performance on OBJ, got to hold our potential franchise QB to a higher standard and not make excuses for a game like this 

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And for the slower ones amongst us, I’ve literally never blamed anything on OBJ personally.  I’ve said that exact thing repeatedly.

But when he’s on the field, Baker presses and the offense suffers.  That’s the bottom line.

Without him he’s throwing darts.

Just admit it’s a failed experiment, no ones fault, and move on. This offense is better without him, and that’s not an opinion.

Yep which makes it Bakers fault. He needs to play with OBJ like he does without him. It’s going to hold us back if Baker can’t have a star WR on his team 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

3 Jamie Gillan needs to be replaced ASAP 

lol why?  What did I miss?

4 Wills needs to be sat until healthy

yes.

5 people blaming Baker’s poor performance on OBJ, got to hold our potential franchise QB to a higher standard and not make excuses for a game like this 

Not blaming OBJ fella. I don’t know how many times I can repeat it. That said, those two haven’t worked.

And it’s not an excuse for a bad performance, it’s an acknowledgment of statistical facts over 3 seasons.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

lol why?  What did I miss?

yes.

Not blaming OBJ fella. I don’t know how many times I can repeat it. That said, those two haven’t worked.

And it’s not an excuse for a bad performance, it’s an acknowledgment of statistical facts over 3 seasons.

Gillan was bad last season and he’s been bad this year.

Also your “statistical facts” are correlation which does not equal causation. Even if we assume your right that OBJ presence on the field prevents Mayfield from playing effectively than that’s a Baker problem that he needs to fix and you don’t fix it by getting rid of the only WR on the roster that draws double teams and can create separation against man coverage. 

3 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Gillan was bad last season and he’s been bad this year.

what’s been bad this year, save the dropped snap? He was perfectly fine today tbh.

Also your “statistical facts” are correlation which does not equal causation. Even if we assume your right that OBJ presence on the field prevents Mayfield from playing effectively than that’s a Baker problem that he needs to fix and you don’t fix it by getting rid of the only WR on the roster that draws double teams and can create separation against man coverage. 

Why force the issue?  Why not just go with what works? Not having OBJ literally fixed the issue lol.

And who’s doubling OBJ?  He hasn’t done anything of note in like 4 years.

5 Up:

1.) Malik McDowell (and Malik Jackson)
- It can't be said enough how steady and consistently quality the play of Malik McDowell has been. You can tell he's still trying to get his football shape and football legs back under him. Malik Jackson has been a steady and effective force up the middle and has been close to more statistical production a ton.

2.) Greedy Williams
- Battled back from the dark places and frustrations associated with a nerve energy and balled in critical moments

3.) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
- A difference maker in every sense of the word. Sky is the limit.

4.) Joe Woods' Attack Plan Adjustments
- Joe Woods was able to adjust the game plan and vary the attack to keep the Vikings off balance.

5.) Chase Mclaughlin
- First Browns kicker to make 3, 50+ yard FGs in a season and this is week 4.

-----

5 Downs:

1.) Baker Mayfield's Case as a Top Tier QB
- Is it injury based poor play? It could be, but the truth is Baker's easy misses go back to last year in big spots even when OBJ wasn't on the field. Somethings not right. He's either succumbing to the mental pressure of the moment via a breakdown of mechanics or vision, or there's something we just don't know yet. Either way, he's got to right the ship.

2.) Jedrick Wills' Play
- He hasn't looked right for weeks. It's time to sit him down until he gets healthy. It's one thing to have bad OL play, but his mental lapses and false starts are costly as well.

3.) Jack Conklin's Play
- Like Wills, Conklin's been dealing with an injury (knee) limiting his effectiveness, but he's looked like the Browns worse OLineman this year and a shell of his top tier playing self. 

4.) The Redzone and 3rd Down Offense

5.) Denzel Ward's Case to be the Top Paid CB in the League

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

what’s been bad this year, save the dropped snap? He was perfectly fine today tbh.

Why force the issue?  Why not just go with what works? Not having OBJ literally fixed the issue lol.

And who’s doubling OBJ?  He hasn’t done anything of note in like 4 years.

OBJ hasn’t been all that productive as a Cleveland Brown and yet he’s still seeing bracket coverage, what does that tell you?

Opposing teams still view him as dangerous 

6 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

3.) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
- A difference maker in every sense of the word. Sky is the limit.

He’s been tremendous. Looks like a future all pro tbh.

2.) Jedrick Wills' Play
- He hasn't looked right for weeks. It's time to sit him down until he gets healthy. It's one thing to have bad OL play, but his mental lapses and false starts are costly as well.

Yeah, I love his grit and all, but he’s simply too hurt to play. Hopefully Hubbard can step in next week and let him get right.

• Like 1