That was stressful; Browns Vikings up and downs

Kiwibrown

5 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

OBJ hasn’t been all that productive as a Cleveland Brown and yet he’s still seeing bracket coverage, what does that tell you?

On what percentage of plays?  How does that compare to other receivers around the league? What is his success rate?  If you’re going to give examples, give context.

5 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Opposing teams still view him as dangerous 

Do they?  And if they do, why is the offense better without him?  

And if the offense is better without him, wtf are we really discussing here?  How we can shoehorn a player who’s not been productive into an otherwise productive, efficient and successful offense?  If so…..why?

2 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Ideally you’d like to have both, without OBJ we lack both. Schwartz has speed but lacks WR skills  

It’s just so odd to hear someone say “we need OBJ” despite literally never having success with him.

I’m not saying we don’t need someone with deep speed, etc., but the chemistry sucks.

I have not interest in looking for a new QB just to make the OBJ situation work out instead of just moving on from OBJ and going back to an elite offense.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s just so odd to hear someone say “we need OBJ” despite literally never having success with him.

I’m not saying we don’t need someone with deep speed, etc., but the chemistry sucks.

I have not interest in looking for a new QB just to make the OBJ situation work out instead of just moving on from OBJ and going back to an elite offense.

Our offense improving last season can be attributed to two main factors IMO.

1 Baker got more comfortable with the new offense 

2 We played a lot of bad defenses/teams down the stretch of last season 

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Our offense improving last season can be attributed to two main factors IMO.

1 Baker got more comfortable with the new offense 

the same offense he’s been in the last 2 weeks?

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

2 We played a lot of bad defenses/teams down the stretch of last season 

What are the Vikings defense?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who does he avoid throwing to?

Well DPJ has the highest snap count for any skill player, he has maybe 5 targets all year. 

feel like he is avoiding DPJ, Schwartz, and Felton if the play isn’t drawn up specifically for them. Biggest head scratcher is DPJ. Dude plays the most for the skill players and had an amazing camp but isn’t getting any looks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well DPJ has the highest snap count for any skill player, he has maybe 5 targets all year. 

feel like he is avoiding DPJ, Schwartz, and Felton if the play isn’t drawn up specifically for them. Biggest head scratcher is DPJ. Dude plays the most for the skill players and had an amazing camp but isn’t getting any looks. 

Yeah that’s fair.

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

what’s been bad this year, save the dropped snap? He was perfectly fine today tbh.

Why force the issue?  Why not just go with what works? Not having OBJ literally fixed the issue lol.

And who’s doubling OBJ?  He hasn’t done anything of note in like 4 years.

I'll be honest, I'm starting to question if you've actually been watching the games. 

For starters, Gillan has been horrible all season long. yesterday, I believe he had 7 punts, one of which was decent, at a brisk 54 yard distance. His last punt was nearly a shank. When we signed him, he was known as this guy that punted the ball a mile, now, he cant do that, and he is probably one of the worst when it comes to short punting. when punting from the midfield area, a good punter should easily be pinning them back inside the 10 on regularity, Gillan hasn't been doing that. 

As far as your clear disdain for OBJ, It's completely absurd, and if I were Bruce Drennan, and you called into the show, I'd hang up on you, and call you an ignoramus! How can you blame a receiver for a QB having an entire game of inaccuracy? It wasn't just when he targeted OBJ, it was when he targeted everyone. OBJ had 7 targets, the same as Higgins. Baker on at least two occasions missed guys that were just a few yards downfield that would have moved the chains. He is typically a good downfield passer, so either he is pressing trying to make those throws, rather than naturally throwing it, or his shoulder is hindering him more than they are letting on, or a combination of both. You dont miss that many throws though, and get to blame it on one guy. If you want to blame the OBJ misses on OBJ, we can have that argument, I still think you're wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I'll be honest, I'm starting to question if you've actually been watching the games. 

Oh no, don’t do that you’ll hurt my feelins. 😂 

For starters, Gillan has been horrible all season long. yesterday, I believe he had 7 punts, one of which was decent, at a brisk 54 yard distance. His last punt was nearly a shank. When we signed him, he was known as this guy that punted the ball a mile, now, he cant do that, and he is probably one of the worst when it comes to short punting. when punting from the midfield area, a good punter should easily be pinning them back inside the 10 on regularity, Gillan hasn't been doing that. 

He had 3 punts inside the 20.  Like the last one wasn’t great, but it was 30 net yards.  

I’m not saying he’s great or anything, but we’ve had worse and have bigger issues. I just find it an odd thing to complain about. 

As far as your clear disdain for OBJ,

Have you read a single thing I’ve posted? 

It's completely absurd, and if I were Bruce Drennan, and you called into the show, I'd hang up on you, and call you an ignoramus!

ooohhh good one.  Cool scenario there, you as Bruce Drennen, me as a guy who calls in.  I bet you played that out in your head as you typed it. 

How can you blame a receiver for a QB having an entire game of inaccuracy?

I’ve already explained this.  You want me to do it again?

It wasn't just when he targeted OBJ, it was when he targeted everyone. OBJ had 7 targets, the same as Higgins. Baker on at least two occasions missed guys that were just a few yards downfield that would have moved the chains. He is typically a good downfield passer, so either he is pressing trying to make those throws, rather than naturally throwing it, or his shoulder is hindering him more than they are letting on, or a combination of both. You dont miss that many throws though, and get to blame it on one guy. If you want to blame the OBJ misses on OBJ, we can have that argument, I still think you're wrong.

I’m. Not. Blaming. OBJ.

I’ve said this repeatedly.

Either you’re not reading what I’m writing or you’re every bit as clever as I’d imagine someone who clearly listens to sports talk radio to be.