College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

34 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

This dude doesn't know anything. Just steals info and twists it to act like an insider. It's very possible Frey goes, but it's not happening yet.

Almost certainly going to need Harbaugh's blessing to take one of his assistants given how close they are. Could definitely see it happening in the end. Would be a major loss.

Frey is an FSU alum so makes sense in that regard.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Is he going to be a Co-DC? I'm surprised such a highly-regarded coach would take a demotion (if he won't be Co-DC).

He knows the Pirate is leaving sooner rather than later and he gets to go back to his homestate to a very high profile school. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a HC gig sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Is he going to be a Co-DC? I'm surprised such a highly-regarded coach would take a demotion (if he won't be Co-DC).

10th assistant and basically DC in waiting until Schiano leaves (doubt he is at OSU after this upcoming season)

On 12/22/2017 at 11:26 PM, jrry32 said:

That seems like a bad move to me. I'm surprised he didn't get a better offer.

Well I know he is a columbus guy and won a couple of national championships  at Mount Union. So he is moving back home. Also he will be the DC in waiting. Prolly will be no longer than 3 years until he takes over as the DC because Schiano will be gone by then. Schiano will prolly get another HC gig by then IMO. I think with how things went with Tenn and him getting the Job that Meyer is just preparing for it. 

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

For the most part, I feel the same. However, Co-DC at Ohio St > DC at Washington St. in terms of building on a profile I suppose. 

He is suppose to be a defensive back coach, so if he could add the fact he sent a couple guys to the NFL because of the talent he will have at tOSU, that will greatly improve his recruiting profile. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Well I know he is a columbus guy and won a couple of national championships  at Mount Union. So he is moving back home. Also he will be the DC in waiting. Prolly will be no longer than 3 years until he takes over as the DC because Schiano will be gone by then. Schiano will prolly get another HC gig by then IMO. I think with how things went with Tenn and him getting the Job that Meyer is just preparing for it. 

He's already a highly sought after DC. He could have a HC job in three years. I don't get it, but I guess he has his reasons.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He's already a highly sought after DC. He could have a HC job in three years. I don't get it, but I guess he has his reasons.

Maybe he wants to play his cards right and get in tOSU so when Meyer potentially steps down, he could help his cause by having a connection to coaching within the program once before. He could be getting interest at the low tier mid tier non p5 schools. Go to tOSU and coach there and have success and now he can pull in more high profile coaching positions.

Just now, buno67 said:

Maybe he wants to play his cards right and get in tOSU so when Meyer potentially steps down, he could help his cause by having a connection to coaching within the program once before. He could be getting interest at the low tier mid tier non p5 schools. Go to tOSU and coach there and have success and now he can pull in more high profile coaching positions.

The only possibility is Meyer is grooming him to be the next HC at OSU. Otherwise, he's setting his career back.

Just now, jrry32 said:

The only possibility is Meyer is grooming him to be the next HC at OSU. Otherwise, he's setting his career back.

I dont know if that is possible just yet. If Meyer leaves, tOSU could potentially go after any HC they truly want in the nation and just about every coach be interested in.

I think the dude is a pretty good DC and I like the things he has done as the DC for WSU but I dont think he is capable of being the HC for tOSU or a couple years from now. The only person I could see at this moment would be Herman but that still be tough because of where he is at. 

Just now, buno67 said:

I dont know if that is possible just yet. If Meyer leaves, tOSU could potentially go after any HC they truly want in the nation and just about every coach be interested in.

I think the dude is a pretty good DC and I like the things he has done as the DC for WSU but I dont think he is capable of being the HC for tOSU or a couple years from now. The only person I could see at this moment would be Herman but that still be tough because of where he is at. 

He's setting his career trajectory back by taking the OSU job, then.

Archived