DL: Odell Huggins

QB: Shaun King

RB: Donte Pimpleton or Telly Lockette

WR: Ron Dugans or Mike Johnson

OL: Darren Hiller or Larry Scott

TE: Telly Lockette (if Pimpleton comes)

OLB: Raymond Woodie

DB: ????

Is it a bad staff? No. I'm sure it'll recruit well, but outside of Huggins and Leavitt, who are the proven coaches?(especially if Dugans stays at Miami)

Many coaches are hired for their recruiting ability, it is the name of the game in college football. As long as your DC and OC, if the HC doesn't do it, are solid, they really do not need the best position coaches in the world, but they do need solid recruiters. The DC and the OC/HC can show each assistent coach exactly what he wants the position coach to teach. So it hardly matters how great the position coach is!!!

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

Many coaches are hired for their recruiting ability, it is the name of the game in college football. As long as your DC and OC, if the HC doesn't do it, are solid, they really do not need the best position coaches in the world, but they do need solid recruiters. The DC and the OC/HC can show each assistent coach exactly what he wants the position coach to teach. So it hardly matters how great the position coach is!!!

That's simply not accurate.

20 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

. The DC and the OC/HC can show each assistent coach exactly what he wants the position coach to teach. So it hardly matters how great the position coach is!!!

This is the DUMBEST THING. Kids used to get beat up on my playground for saying dumb things like this. Don't make me sic my alt account @catcheryea on you.

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Probably. And it's not a great vote of confidence to give Cristobal only $800K more than a coordinator IMO

I bet you that Cristobal was 100% behind this. It's why he took a little bit of money. Leavitt is a stud DC. Most think he was more important than Taggart.

Archived