College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

or was at least trying too lol

My college program (d2), hired a new coach last year, within 5weeks of being on the job,  he was fired for trying to sleep with female athletes of the school. He was going to the local Thursday night hang out and was trying to hook up with them. He was fired pretty quick!

Was he trying or succeeding? Personally, I say let a coach have his personal life.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Was he trying or succeeding? Personally, I say let a coach have his personal life.

I don’t know if he was succeeding. I don’t think it’s a good look when the brand new football coach is trying to sleep with every attractive female athlete  specially when it’s a small school

Well apparently the victim who's accusations started the investigation is gearing up for a lawsuit. You have to wonder if all of the Baylor stuff influenced her decision to not cooperate. Not the same since Arizona is a public school, but still.

I also wonder what U of A found. They're paying him his full buyout, so they're not willing to try and fire him with cause.

12 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Rumor that A&M has zeroed in on Aranda and a few people expect him to take the job. Coach O's dream staff is falling apart quick. 

They already tried once and he declined. Probably coming back at him with an even bigger offer. 

If Aranda leaves I'm done.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Aranda gets $2.5M. That's absurd. I get that the money has to go somewhere since they aren't paying players, but the state of Louisiana has relentlessly cut the budget of LSU, including essential stuff like the LSU medical center.

I don't disagree, but they're also paying their HC peanuts (relatively speaking). Even with Aranda's new deal, ridiculous as it may be, his contract and Ed's combined are ~$20 mill less than Jimbo's.

CFB spending has officially jumped the shark though. This much is true.

Archived