College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Why would you hire the clown who intentionally sabotaged your coaching search in order to get the job ?  Same guy who stuck a dagger in Johnny Majors’ back too. 

My guess is it's interim, you hope Fulmer hires someone capable in the next week, and then you get a search committee out to get you a real AD.

Tennessee is ****ed because they simultaneously have no one to actually do the HC search and need the search over ASAP.

18 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

NOOOOO! YOU CANT HAVE TAGGART!

This. But, the only thing that's keeping me from jumping off the ledge is really, how much better is FSU's recruiting going to get? It's been top 3-5 consistently under Jimbo. 

Like, he would have been a massive improvement on-and-off the field for UF due to McElwain, but FSU ain't replacing a McElwain. 

2 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Only thing that's keeping me from jumping off the ledge is really, how much better is FSU's recruiting going to get? It's been top 3-5 consistently under Jimbo. 

They become best in the nation with Taggart. They get whomever they want from Florida with first pickings.

NOOOO!

2 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

This. But, the only thing that's keeping me from jumping off the ledge is really, how much better is FSU's recruiting going to get? It's been top 3-5 consistently under Jimbo. 

FSU's recruiting has been great but not at all positions. Our WR recruitment has been awful, and we've had only like 2 guys drafted at that position. OL recruitment has been on the downtrend. FSU really got elite guys at RB, the DL, and DBs. But we certainly have room to improve at positions like WR.

Just now, eggybucsfan31 said:

They've had that for the past 5 years. 

No one gets whoever they want in Florida tbh. IMG was FSU for a while but that's always a warzone. Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU, and a couple other blue bloods will come in and get some of the top dudes. Miami is crootin like they are relevant again. UF is the top dog in the state if they can pull their head out of their ***.

There's just too many good schools with serious booster networks within arms' reach.

Archived