Jamin Davis

lavar703

On 11/16/2021 at 8:04 AM, turtle28 said:

Honestly even if it’s only a week we def have enough bad to say when it’s warranted but I was just telling my bud Jamin was in much better position this past week. Im proud of how this team looked. They didn’t stop fighting and that was nice too see. Hopefully against Seattle maybe they can keep focus this week and who knows. Just nice to have a whole game to look back on and say this week players stepped up and gave a complete effort. That’s all we can ask for

• Like 1

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s coming along slowly but surely. We probably won’t see the impact we expected/wanted this year but I think next year Jamin will have a good to great season.

This dude is going to make a play before the season ends and it’s going to be the moment it is clicked for him. He’s gonna get a pic 6 idky I can just feel it against falls lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

This dude is going to make a play before the season ends and it’s going to be the moment it is clicked for him. He’s gonna get a pic 6 idky I can just feel it against falls lol

I was looking at his highlights and in the ATL game when Holcomb got the forced fumble it was made possible bc of Davis’s play/holding up the receiver or TE & then Holcomb came in and stripped them… of the ball. 😂 He’s been around the ball more and more lately, it’s only a matter of time he makes a game changing play.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

For as much as people are disappointed in Jamin Davis - and they should be - Zaven Collins, the Cardinals rookie LB only has 22 tackles on the season. Davis’s rookie stats are already better than Isaiah Simmons’s of last year too.

In case you don’t remember, Isaiah Simmons was the #8 pick of the 2020 draft and people were wondering if he would be a bust during/after his rookie season. Simmons made a pretty good leap in his development in his second season this year and Zaven Collins was selected 16th, 3 spots ahead of Jamin Davis. 

Edited by turtle28

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

For as much as people are disappointed in Jamin Davis - and they should be - Zaven Collins, the Cardinals rookie LB only has 22 tackles on the season. Davis’s rookie stats are already better than Isaiah Simmons’s of last year too.

In case you don’t remember, Isaiah Simmons was the #8 pick of the 2020 draft and people were wondering if he would be a bust during/after his rookie season. Simmons made a pretty good leap in his development in his second season this year and Zaven Collins was selected 16th, 3 spots ahead of Jamin Davis. 

Jamin is going to be a really really good player here for a long time coming. He’s already shown to be in better position and his speed and insticts show in man coverage. This guy is going to be a problem. When it clicks for him behind Jon and Daron man this guys going to be exciting to watch. And the season isn’t over. I still feel before this season ends in this stretch of games he’s going to have a game that’s going to really excite this fan base. The best is yet to come with 52

• Like 1

I think Jamin Davis has been fine his rookie year but he's not really a playmaker at this point. You can look at tackle totals all you want, but when he's not making any kind of  Tackle for Losses, Sacks, INTs, Pass deflections you start to have some concern. He also some issues with missed tackles. Expectations were just way too high for this guy, I remember some were calling him a defensive rookie of the year candidate. But when you have players like Nick Bolton being drafted in the second round and outproducing Jamin Davis, I understand where the frustration comes in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Jamin is going to be a really really good player here for a long time coming. He’s already shown to be in better position and his speed and insticts show in man coverage. This guy is going to be a problem. When it clicks for him behind Jon and Daron man this guys going to be exciting to watch. And the season isn’t over. I still feel before this season ends in this stretch of games he’s going to have a game that’s going to really excite this fan base. The best is yet to come with 52

Yeah I just don’t agree. There’s almost nothing there or on film from his rookie season to even give us any belief whatsoever he’s going to be any better than a JAG. Which honestly, it is what it is. He was a back up for all of his collegiate career and only took the field because the starter in front of him had a stroke. I get why they picked him and his athleticism is super enticing but he just seems like one of those guys who’s not a playmaker. I likened him to Rocky McIntosh earlier in the year and I think that’s about his ceiling. His missed tackles are also becoming a major problem. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah I just don’t agree. There’s almost nothing there or on film from his rookie season to even give us any belief whatsoever he’s going to be any better than a JAG. Which honestly, it is what it is. He was a back up for all of his collegiate career and only took the field because the starter in front of him had a stroke. I get why they picked him and his athleticism is super enticing but he just seems like one of those guys who’s not a playmaker. I likened him to Rocky McIntosh earlier in the year and I think that’s about his ceiling. His missed tackles are also becoming a major problem. 

Well at least Rocky McIntosh with healthy knees isn’t a bust. That’s a solid player for a decade. 

So is Zaven Collins a bust? How’s Isaiah Simmons doing this year after one year of mostly sitting and learning?

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well at least Rocky McIntosh with healthy knees isn’t a bust. That’s a solid player for a decade. 

So is Zaven Collins a bust? How’s Isaiah Simmons doing this year after one year of mostly sitting and learning?

Not sure what Zaven Collins or Isaiah Simmons have to do with Jamin Davis? 

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not sure what Zaven Collins or Isaiah Simmons have to do with Jamin Davis? 

Well it’s pretty obvious that Simmons struggled transitioning to the NFL speed as a rookie but has been good as a 2nd year player. I like that comp for what could happen with Jamin Davis in his 2nd year once he’s more comfortable in the defense, with the NFL speed and is just playing freely instead of thinking too much out there.

Zaven Collins was taken ahead of Jamin Davis and he’s been less effective than Davis. It just points out that Davis isn’t the for sure bust that you’ve always wanted him to be since draft day & that other rookie LBs have taken time to adjust to the NFL as well.

It’s pretty weird that you can bring up Rocky McIntosh as a comp to Davis and are fine w/ it but then want to dismiss more recent examples of what’s happening w/ Davis’s slow transition to the NFL. 

Most people knew this would be a learning/growth year for Davis only those who are impatient and only accept instant gratification are overreacting to him not being an instant great LB.

So am I supposed to be happy with Jamin Davis because other guys have sucked too? Hopefully the light comes on but Davis has pretty much shown next to nothing. And yes, I’ve caught a ton of crap for feeling this way about Davis but I think he’s a JAG. Thought that way when we picked him.

Nothing he did at Kentucky was eye opening. He had volume stats but no special plays. He’s exactly what I expected and yet somehow even less. His selection reminds me of the Trent Murphy pick albeit that was a round later. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So am I supposed to be happy with Jamin Davis because other guys have sucked too? Hopefully the light comes on but Davis has pretty much shown next to nothing. And yes, I’ve caught a ton of crap for feeling this way about Davis but I think he’s a JAG. Thought that way when we picked him.

Nothing he did at Kentucky was eye opening. He had volume stats but no special plays. He’s exactly what I expected and yet somehow even less. His selection reminds me of the Trent Murphy pick albeit that was a round later. 

That’s not true. You’re just using generic lines to not like a prospect you never liked to begin with. I don’t think you saw all his plays at UK. I know he played Kyle Pitts well in coverage and that’s a big reason why his draft stock jumped.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not true. You’re just using generic lines to not like a prospect you never liked to begin with. I don’t think you saw all his plays at UK. I know he played Kyle Pitts well in coverage and that’s a big reason why his draft stock jumped.

LB is a hard spot to translate early too and we’ve seen it before. To say his play last year didn’t warrant his selection is t fair he had a heck of a season. Some guys take alittle longer. This is a position where your on a island and if your thinking in the NFL your late. He will be fine. We have had 3 players on defense play consistenly to at or above their level. I expect this guy to work his tail off this offseason because I think these guys are really gonna do some soul searching after the season ends if they can’t improve and play with consistency the rest of the way.

• Like 1