Jamin Davis

lavar703

Just now, lavar703 said:

Apparently on Kamara‘s long run Davis went to the wrong gap. He and Collins ended up in the same spot and Davis just totally played it wrong. I’m guessing after that they sat him down. Silly and does nothing for his development. 

Meanwhile Landon can get beat deep consistently and no one pulls him out #accountability 

• Like 5

On 10/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, lavar703 said:

Apparently on Kamara‘s long run Davis went to the wrong gap. He and Collins ended up in the same spot and Davis just totally played it wrong. I’m guessing after that they sat him down. Silly and does nothing for his development. 

He's a rookie. He's going to make mistakes. Sitting him on the bench isn't going to help him overcome those mistakes.

• Like 2

It’s honestly mind boggling at this point what this staff is doing!!! If they are tanking for someone idk. But they are absolutely not coaching these players to their strengths so idk if they are doing this to try to see improvement to make these players more rounded for when they anticipate competing. But I don’t know if I think this staff is that smart if they truely believe there is a must have player for this roster. But we shall see. Knowing this teams history I’d say that’s a longshot. Off of our history I’d say we just have a staff that can’t maximize talent on every level throughout the roster.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Because Rivera likes Collins.

I think it’s because Rivera is letting Del Rio do whatever he wants on D & Scotty do whatever he wants w/ the O. It’s been pretty clear in press conferences that Rivera is taking a hands off approach in a lot of instances with both his O & D. 

Del Rio wants to play the veterans, so that’s what’s happening & Rivera is not going to undermine his coordinators, he’s made the much clear. Rivera would rather continue to have one of the worst defenses in the NFL than to undermine his defense coordinator and make him make the changes that are necessary to be made to improve the defense. 

32 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s honestly mind boggling at this point what this staff is doing!!! If they are tanking for someone idk. But they are absolutely not coaching these players to their strengths so idk if they are doing this to try to see improvement to make these players more rounded for when they anticipate competing. But I don’t know if I think this staff is that smart if they truely believe there is a must have player for this roster. But we shall see. Knowing this teams history I’d say that’s a longshot. Off of our history I’d say we just have a staff that can’t maximize talent on every level throughout the roster.

What’s frustrating is that Rivera & Del Rio have produced good & great defenses for other teams but they can’t get their crap together here which is incredibly frustrating.

Rivera’s D’s in Carolina, San Diego & Chicago were good to great.

Del Rio’s D in Denver is a main reason they made it to a Super Bowl in 2014-15 & Del Rio had a good to great defense in Oakland & Jacksonville too.

Its not that our coaches aren’t capable, so I kind of have to put a lot of this on the players not doing what they’re supposed to do but also Del Rio not being willing to bench a few veterans in favor of players who are younger and/or played better for us last year. Namely, Everrett/Reaves at FS, Curl over Collins at SS, Davis/Hudson at LB.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Please cut William Jackson. He cannot tackle 

Not until the offseason at the earliest as his pro-rated signing bonus monies would immediately hit the cap and force Washington to cut other players to get into compliance.

If they're willing to eat $1M in cap space, they can cut Jackson before the third day of the 2022 league (and his 2022 salary completely vests and roster bonus executes). Otherwise, they're waiting until 2023.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, turtle28 said:

What’s frustrating is that Rivera & Del Rio have produced good & great defenses for other teams but they can’t get their crap together here which is incredibly frustrating.

Rivera’s D’s in Carolina, San Diego & Chicago were good to great.

Del Rio’s D in Denver is a main reason they made it to a Super Bowl in 2014-15 & Del Rio had a good to great defense in Oakland & Jacksonville too.

Its not that our coaches aren’t capable, so I kind of have to put a lot of this on the players not doing what they’re supposed to do but also Del Rio not being willing to bench a few veterans in favor of players who are younger and/or played better for us last year. Namely, Everrett/Reaves at FS, Curl over Collins at SS, Davis/Hudson at LB.

But this still ultimately comes back to coaching. The coaches are the ones who populated the roster. And this is especially true with "Coach for Life" (CFL) Ron Rivera. They are the ones that made roster decisions and draft decisions and then said "this is our 53. We can win with these guys". As much as I agree it's on players, I can't really blame the clown for acting like one on the field when it's the coach that put them on the 53 and continues to play the clown.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Not until the offseason at the earliest as his pro-rated signing bonus monies would immediately hit the cap and force Washington to cut other players to get into compliance.

If they're willing to eat $1M in cap space, they can cut Jackson before the third day of the 2022 league (and his 2022 salary completely vests and roster bonus executes). Otherwise, they're waiting until 2023.

We got REALLY bad and in a hurry at these pickups and their salary cap ramifications. I'm trying to put my finger on what might have changed in the Front Office.

Hmmm....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Props the Jamin Davis. He led the team in tackles with 11.

Please cut William Jackson. He cannot tackle 

Can’t tackle can’t cover. Can we please have our 2020 secondary back please? They weren’t great, but they weren’t the worst secondary in the league either. 

• Like 1