The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BayRaider said:

We’re not hiring Shaw, let it go. He’s not on any teams radar. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/las-vegas-raiders/post/_/id/26029/where-do-the-las-vegas-raiders-go-after-jon-grudens-abrupt-departure

Also, keep an eye on Stanford coach David Shaw, a former Raiders staffer from 1998 to 2001 under Gruden. Of course, if the Raiders go on a run under Bisaccia's watch, or the offense rights itself with Olson calling the plays, they should also warrant consideration. Davis likes tradition and history when it comes to the only franchise he knows.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Oh so he didnt recruit sherman. The rest i knew 

You said he didn't develop Sherman, I'm assuming him being his positional coach for years in college had some impact on him. And is why they still have a close personal relationship to this day. Joe Brady developing Sam Darnold though, dude sucks azz. lol

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

6 TD/6 INT and 4 fumbles. 

He's lucky to not have several more INTs and even luckier that he's only actually been credited with 1 fumble lost. 

If looking slightly less incompetent is considered a revival, then I guess Brady revived Darnold. Seems to me, though, that Darnold is still a turnover machine plopped into a situation where the far superior weapons at his disposal have just mitigated some of his damage. 

Their offense being one of the worst in the NFL for 2 consecutive seasons makes him a must hire. Our fanbase enjoys supporting a sorry arse team.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Stanford has had more players drafted then any school in the Pac-12 since David Shaw became the head coach. He won 12 and 10 games in years 5/6 when literally none of Harbaugh's players were on the team anymore. 

I think USC has had more with 49 and Stanford had 46 (since the 2011 draft).  He did win after Harbaugh left.  But how is he doing now? Do we really want to hire a college coach who is 11-13 in his last 24 games?

1 minute ago, SodakRaiders said:

I think USC has had more with 49 and Stanford had 46 (since the 2011 draft).  He did win after Harbaugh left.  But how is he doing now? Do we really want to hire a college coach who is 11-13 in his last 24 games?

Kliff Kingsbury was 16-21 in his last 3 seasons at Texas Tech, got fired, was hired by USC as their offensive coordinator, then left to be the Cardinals head coach. Worked out pretty well for them, huh?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So ESPN reporters that cover the team say to keep an eye on Shaw but insider sources such as @BayRaider say he's not even on the radar. Who will we hire then insider?

Lol I’m the insider? You are the one with non-sense claims to have a guy “inside” and always wrong. 

I’m not an insider but we’re not hiring Shaw. I’m telling you right now Shaw would be a lackluster NFL Coach. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

It sounds like you really want Shaw

A winner who has ties to the team. Joe Brady has never won anything or even been a head coach and his offenses have been absolutely mediocre in the NFL. Matt Campbell has been the definition of mediocre at Iowa State. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Lol I’m the insider? You are the one with non-sense claims to have a guy “inside” and always wrong. 

I’m not an insider but we’re not hiring Shaw. I’m telling you right now Shaw would be a lackluster NFL Coach. 

Like Joe Brady leading the Panthers to 20 ppg and reviving Sam Darnold's career. I do have insider information, I literally know Jon personally. How am I always wrong? I've given you boys one piece of information which was proven to be correct but don't care to share more because I genuinely think most of you on here are clueless.