The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Turnobili said:

you'll fit in well with the other fair weather fans there

I'll always support the Raiders but being a fan of this team has genuinely killed my interest in football. Fantasy and gambling are the only things that have got me back into watching.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Kliff Kingsbury was 16-21 in his last 3 seasons at Texas Tech, got fired, was hired by USC as their offensive coordinator, then left to be the Cardinals head coach. Worked out pretty well for them, huh?

They also had the number one pick in the draft and got the player who is on pace to win MVP. How many college coaches with a losing record get hired and win?  Definitely an outlier. 

Also Matt Campbell won the BIG 12 and a Fiesta Bowl last year. The year before he took over the Cyclones were 3-9.  He also went 35 -15 with Toledo.  

Just now, SodakRaiders said:

They also had the number one pick in the draft and got the player who is on pace to win MVP. How many college coaches with a losing record get hired and win?  Definitely an outlier. 

Also Matt Campbell won the BIG 12 and a Fiesta Bowl last year. The year before he took over the Cyclones were 3-9.  He also went 35 -15 with Toledo.  

Matt Campbell and Spencer Rattler FTW.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I go...

Joe Brady

Jim Harbaugh 

Gus Bradley

Eric Bienemy(maybe.....) 

I dont like any other options.... like at all 

There's a lot I'm not high on, but I'd always kick the tires for the sake of it. We need a clear direction, and maybe interviewing guys you don't really want can better help you narrow down exactly what you're looking for.

I once interviewed someone who had no business even applying for the position based on his resume. Frankly, I liked the guy. But if I'd hired him, I would have been in deep $#it. It wouldn't have been justifiable. But I also gave him a shot at the interview because I fully remember the value of such and wanted to help him out. Turns out, he actually helped me really hone in on what exactly I was looking for and it turned out great.

(I also pulled for him for a lower level gig, so I didn't just send him unceremoniously packing, btw lol). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

No one even projected Kyler to go #1, they had just taken Rosen the year before. Kliff pushed them to take Kyler. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Matt Campbell and Spencer Rattler FTW.

I never said Shaw was a bad candidate I was just pointing out that he is an average candidate.  If I wanted a successful coach on a team with recruiting limitations he would be behind Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Brian Kelly, PJ Fleck, and Matt Campbell.  

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

There's a lot I'm not high on, but I'd always kick the tires for the sake of it. We need a clear direction, and maybe interviewing guys you don't really want can better help you narrow down exactly what you're looking for.

I once interviewed someone who had no business even applying for the position based on his resume. Frankly, I liked the guy. But if I'd hired him, I would have been in deep $#it. It wouldn't have been justifiable. But I also gave him a shot at the interview because I fully remember the value of such and wanted to help him out. Turns out, he actually helped me really hone in on what exactly I was looking for and it turned out great.

(I also pulled for him for a lower level gig, so I didn't just send him unceremoniously packing, btw lol). 

EXACTLY. 

For me it has to be a coach that can work with what we got. This next hiring will be very telling 

Edited by Jeremy408