NFL announced 3 finalist cities for a regular season game in Germany

Edge

Dusseldorf fames itself for the "longest bar in the world", its a good 250+ bars located in the old town center that make for a good night out. neighbouring city to Cologne, both center of german carnival season... come November a trip could be just as much fun as to Munich i guess.

stadium is **** tough, oldest of the three, cannot see it have the technical standard for an NFL game.

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Dusseldorf fames itself for the "longest bar in the world", its a good 250+ bars located in the old town center that make for a good night out. neighbouring city to Cologne, both center of german carnival season... come November a trip could be just as much fun as to Munich i guess.

stadium is **** tough, oldest of the three, cannot see it have the technical standard for an NFL game.

The arguments for and against Berlin?

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The arguments for and against Berlin?

worst airport. like, it took them 10 years or so to even get it up running and its still a disaster.

stadium was built for the '36 olympics, its... big i guess? not much more it has going for it compared to Munich/Frankfurt.

city itself would obviously have some touristic sites but generally Berlin is very artsy, not sure football fans +40yo would find the night life to be very interesting. Techno capital of Europe, probably worldwide, with some really great clubs but as said, not sure that would attract people coimg there to watch football.

• Like 1

Just now, berlin calling said:

worst airport. like, it took them 10 years or so to even get it up running and its still a disaster.

stadium was built for the '36 olympics, its... big i guess? not much more it has going for it compared to Munich/Frankfurt.

city itself would obviously have some touristic sites but generally Berlin is very artsy, not sure football fans +40yo would find the night life to be very interesting. Techno capital of Europe, probably worldwide, with some really great clubs but as said, not sure that would attract people coimg there to watch football.

Do Hertha still play in the Olympiastadion? 

I know Berlin has the biggest population for an individual city there, but correct me if I'm wrong, seems to me like the main population belt is like the Dortmund, Essen, Dusseldorf, Rhine area? I think it should probably go there if so. Must be easy on your train and road network to get there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do Hertha still play in the Olympiastadion? 

I know Berlin has the biggest population for an individual city there, but correct me if I'm wrong, seems to me like the main population belt is like the Dortmund, Essen, Dusseldorf, Rhine area? I think it should probably go there if so. Must be easy on your train and road network to get there

Hertha do still play there. Not sure about their attendance though.

From a party and general good vibes standpoint Berlin is up there, but it's infrastructure pales in comparison to Munich and Frankfurt which are still two great cities.

I live in London, if it's the final two weekends of October they schedule a game for there I'd happily go across as a spectator.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Would make sense from the population side of things, lots of cities and large towns in the area and close to the Dutch and Belgian borders for fans to get the train in for the game, been to the area several times when my best mate was living in Bielefeld, lots of good transport links and bars, i'd be looking to fly over from the UK.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

To each their own, but I really didn't enjoy Frankfurt when I went.

The airport is absolutely huge and (like everywhere in Germany) the public transport infrastructure is great. I just didn't enjoy the bars/pubs/restaurants and as an Englishman, that is EVERYTHING to me :) 

Hopefully Munich gets it. What an unbelievable City that is.

I felt the exact same way about Dusseldorf when I went. Absolute toilet of a city.

I've always wanted to do a city break to Munich so if it is chosen and there's a decent matchup I might well get a ticket.