What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I finished it last night. I really enjoyed it. I loved the incorporating of other poe works into the story. 

Im through episode 2, and its definitely my favorite since Midnight Mass

Succession meets final destination and theres so much Poe. Its wonderful

Got tricked into watching the final 2 seasons of Billions after seeing Axe back in the previews for season 7.

1 more episode to go and boy do I regret it…they pulled the bait and switch with Axe, and the two most unlikeable characters on earth (Chuck and Wendy Rhoades) are going to succeed in their absolutely hypocritical vendetta against a man much less awful then them.

Axes scenes are the only thing I’ve enjoyed so far. 

As much as i loved hill house when it came out, it might actually be my fourth favorite flannigan tv series

1. Midnight Mass (by far)

2. Fall of the house of usher (wicked good fun)

3. (Tentative) Bly Manor, slow burn but really pays off in the last few episodes. I still need to watch the 9th and final episode but unless they botch it, Bly will be third

4. Haunting of Hill House

5. Midnight Club (last, but i still liked it. A big notch down from the rest thougb)

On 10/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, Ray Reed said:

Also it’s pretty insane how shoehorned the diversity of the 6 different children feels in this haha. What are the chances 1 regular white dude father has 6 children that includes: 

•A black british lesbian daughter

•A british/south asian gay son

•A bisexual daughter 

•A reg straight white son

•A voyeuristic kink white daughter 

•A latin american bisexual son

I’m not complaining or old man yells at clouding rn but it’s jarring how diverse this man’s progeny ended up 😂

It makes complete sense actually

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

It makes complete sense actually

Complete sense once you finish the series? Cause i’m on 2nd to last ep and yeah idk if there’s been a moment that has made sense of the fact that like every person in this dude’s life is either gay or bisexual and like every conceivable ethnicity haha. Again, I don’t really care, it was just jarring for the suspension of disbelief to start the show. Here’s my black lesbian daughter, and latino bisexual son, and south asian bisexual son, and lesbian white daughter…just felt like they rattled off every possible nationality and sexual orientation in 1 family which seems relatively far-fetched tbh and took me out of the idea that they were actually related and more just characters playing independent stories that happened to overlap. Didn’t buy them as a family (AGAIN A DISCLAIMER THAT THIS IS STRICTLY WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF A SHOW WATCHING EXPERIENCE. IM NOT MAKING ANY GRANDER POLITICAL STATEMENTS SO MISS ME WITH ANY OF THAT TALK).

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Complete sense once you finish the series? Cause i’m on 2nd to last ep and yeah idk if there’s been a moment that has made sense of the fact that like every person in this dude’s life is either gay or bisexual and like every conceivable ethnicity haha. Again, I don’t really care, it was just jarring for the suspension of disbelief to start the show. Here’s my black lesbian daughter, and latino bisexual son, and south asian bisexual son, and lesbian white daughter…just felt like they rattled off every possible nationality and sexual orientation in 1 family which seems relatively far-fetched tbh and took me out of the idea that they were actually related and more just characters playing independent stories that happened to overlap. Didn’t buy them as a family (AGAIN A DISCLAIMER THAT THIS IS STRICTLY WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF A SHOW WATCHING EXPERIENCE. IM NOT MAKING ANY GRANDER POLITICAL STATEMENTS SO MISS ME WITH ANY OF THAT TALK).

Mr. Usher likes to have sex with woman from multiple races. Nothing more to see there.

The sexuality thing: the fact that the younger 3 embrace their bisexuality is in stark constrast to the two firstborn from the first wife, and those two are psychotic and obviously have their own hangups there. And there are also power dynamics to think about, especially with Camielles character. And the the father Usher has always said that any Usher will not be shunned so they can be free to be who they are. And the eldest two resent that mindset and are the most repressed.

And im not explaining this very eloquently but it doesnt feel like forced diversity to me. Rodgerick Usher is a different cat than Logan Roy and i think its a deliberate character trait

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Mr. Usher likes to have sex with woman from multiple races. Nothing more to see there.

The sexuality thing: the fact that the younger 3 embrace their bisexuality is in stark constrast to the two firstborn from the first wife, and those two are psychotic and obviously have their own hangups there. And there are also power dynamics to think about, especially with Camielles character. And the the father Usher has always said that any Usher will not be shunned so they can be free to be who they are. And the eldest two resent that mindset and are the most repressed.

And im not explaining this very eloquently but it doesnt feel like forced diversity to me. Rodgerick Usher is a different cat than Logan Roy and i think its a deliberate character trait

I can buy that. Honestly my first impression was that since Flanagan’s real life wife (Kate Siegel, who played Camille in the show) is bisexual that he tries a little too hard in some of his productions to include that element to butter her up, but I can buy your explanation at least, especially with the “creating a further divide between the first two vs the last four children” component.

Edited by Ray Reed

Started rewatching Episodes I and II of Star Wars with the idea of watching all the movies again, but seeing the Timeline Order of Star Wars on Disney+, I'm pivoting to a long term rewatch of everything Star Wars.  Onto the Clone Wars series now, which I've never seen all the way through, only the highlights that led into season 7.

Three episodes into season 1, and they did a tremendous job of establishing comradery within the Clone troopers right away and making them really easy to root for.

open-uri20150608-27674-18rwp1e_aaa67fe0.

Edited by THE DUKE

On 10/30/2023 at 12:10 PM, THE DUKE said:

Started rewatching Episodes I and II of Star Wars with the idea of watching all the movies again, but seeing the Timeline Order of Star Wars on Disney+, I'm pivoting to a long term rewatch of everything Star Wars.  Onto the Clone Wars series now, which I've never seen all the way through, only the highlights that led into season 7.

Three episodes into season 1, and they did a tremendous job of establishing comradery within the Clone troopers right away and making them really easy to root for.

open-uri20150608-27674-18rwp1e_aaa67fe0.

Man, there are an awful lot of beheadings and impalements in this for a kids show, lol.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Man, there are an awful lot of beheadings and impalements in this for a kids show, lol.

Season 1 Episode 12 has torture, strangulation, snapped necks, dudes getting burned alive.  Clone Wars goes hard in the paint, lol.