2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Suns record w/o CP3 is still the highest win % in the lg. 

Booker isn't getting the same love as CP3 for winning these games. CP3 was getting legit MVP love and when Booker is able to lead the Suns to wins at nearly the same percentage, it's crickets. 

Shame.....

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Booker isn't getting the same love as CP3 for winning these games. CP3 was getting legit MVP love and when Booker is able to lead the Suns to wins at nearly the same percentage, it's crickets. 

Shame.....

It's probably because nobody likes Devin Booker lol

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's probably because nobody likes Devin Booker lol

But why? Booker is a stud and plays hard every game. It's just the stupid agenda driven era we are in. They want to give CP3 more love than he deserves, even though that is not necessary because he is great even without having to go over the top. CP3 has been amazing in the clutch but guess what? Booker has been just as good as him and does anyone ever talk about Booker being one of the best clutch players in the league? Nope....When CP3 got hurt and the Suns lost a game, I remember reading some stuff on how this shows that Booker can't carry this team and how he lost all those games before CP3 got there...Completely ignoring the fact that Booker played with STRAIGHT garbage supporting cast when he was like 20 and 21 years old. 

If people were giving CP3 top 5 MVP love, then do the same thing with Booker...PERIOD!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But why? Booker is a stud and plays hard every game. It's just the stupid agenda driven era we are in. They want to give CP3 more love than he deserves, even though that is not necessary because he is great even without having to go over the top. CP3 has been amazing in the clutch but guess what? Booker has been just as good as him and does anyone ever talk about Booker being one of the best clutch players in the league? Nope....When CP3 got hurt and the Suns lost a game, I remember reading some stuff on how this shows that Booker can't carry this team and how he lost all those games before CP3 got there...Completely ignoring the fact that Booker played with STRAIGHT garbage supporting cast when he was like 20 and 21 years old. 

If people were giving CP3 top 5 MVP love, then do the same thing with Booker...PERIOD!

Don't ask me lol. I think the kid is a ******* baby on the court and that has everything to do with one series so I'm admittedly jaded on him there. He's a good player but who gives a **** about NBA narratives? Just go out and win when it matters and those narratives die. 

He's just not an exciting nor personable player so he's not going to get shine. Just the reality of it.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't ask me lol. I think the kid is a ******* baby on the court and that has everything to do with one series so I'm admittedly jaded on him there. He's a good player but who gives a **** about NBA narratives? Just go out and win when it matters and those narratives die. 

He's just not an exciting nor personable player so he's not going to get shine. Just the reality of it.

I mean you think he is a baby off the Buck series? Cool, but it's not like that opinion is universal. This isn't even about Booker as much as it is about people pushing the narrative on CP3. They try to hold the early years against Booker by never acknowledging the cast around him. No doubt CP3 wins wherever he goes and deserves a lot of credit...But it's just over the top here lol. 

Booker's peers have a lot of respect for him though and his game is nice to watch. He's a skilled operator that is getting better and better. 

Saying all that, if Steph is healthy come playoff time, Booker will have to wait to get back in the finals lol.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you think he is a baby off the Buck series? Cool, but it's not like that opinion is universal

There was literally a massively successful tweet about the dude bitching, in an empty arena, about the Raptors mascot lol. He's a baby, through and through.

Booker's peers have a lot of respect for him though and his game is nice to watch. He's a skilled operator that is getting better and better. 

Never said anything different. You complained about narratives, not about his game. He's just not marketable because he's impersonable and unexciting on the court. It's the same reason why Khris Middleton is unheralded by the masses. Both play smooth games but they both have dry af personalities lol. There's no pluses to be had by pushing those types of guys if you're in the media.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There was literally a massively successful tweet about the dude bitching, in an empty arena, about the Raptors mascot lol. He's a baby, through and through.

Never said anything different. You complained about narratives, not about his game. He's just not marketable because he's impersonable and unexciting on the court. It's the same reason why Khris Middleton is unheralded by the masses. Both play smooth games but they both have dry af personalities lol. There's no pluses to be had by pushing those types of guys if you're in the media.

Okay, but it's not just about Booker or Middleton not being personable...Forget that about a second...The narrative is surrounded around CP3 and Booker being diminished because of that. Those folks that push the CP3 MVP narrative will intentionally ignore Booker's play or that he is doing the same exact thing CP3 was doing when Booker was out for a few weeks. 

And you damn well know if no one will talk up Middleton, I WILL!! 

Okay, but it's not just about Booker or Middleton not being personable...Forget that about a second...The narrative is surrounded around CP3 and Booker being diminished because of that. Those folks that push the CP3 MVP narrative will intentionally ignore Booker's play or that he is doing the same exact thing CP3 was doing when Booker was out for a few weeks. 

And you damn well know if no one will talk up Middleton, I WILL!! 

CP3's an old guard legend though. Where's the benefit of propping up Booker there? CP3's ALWAYS going to take the shine away from Book. I mean, we're talking about someone that people consider a top 3 PG of all-time against a kid that probably isn't even a top 15-20 SG of all-time in the end. Welcome to the idiocy of the masses. Ignore NBA Twitter and media narratives and just roll with what you know!

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

CP3's an old guard legend though. Where's the benefit of propping up Booker there? CP3's ALWAYS going to take the shine away from Book. I mean, we're talking about someone that people consider a top 3 PG of all-time against a kid that probably isn't even a top 15-20 SG of all-time in the end. Welcome to the idiocy of the masses. Ignore NBA Twitter and media narratives and just roll with what you know!

Okay, they don't need to prop up Booker but just don't give CP3 more love than he deserves either lol. Everyone knows his playoff history and some of his failures and blown leads so they are trying to overlook those and continue to push the agenda to wash away the past. Lawd if the Suns had won last year it would have been MISERABLE...You know some would even start arguing CP3>Curry all time just off one ring.

THANK YOU GIANNIS AND MIDDLETON AND HOLIDAY!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shame.....

Best SG in the league.