Jags release K Josh Lambo

LinderFournette

If you don't think that he was better than Tucker, that's fine. I even specifically called him top 2, so I was never in on this argument to begin with. Tucker had a bigger leg, while Lambo had been more accurate, and I'd take the bigger leg when they were as close as they were.

But you could still get off all these same takes about him not being better than [whoever you think is the second best kicker now, ...or third, or fouth, or fifth, or sixth, or seventh, or eighth, or ninth....], pretending that a guy after two hip injuries that landed him on IR both times and has clearly changed his effectiveness is the same Kicker he was prior to the two hip injuries. But it was not debatable that he wasn't top 2 then. So I genuinely do not understand what the point of turning this thread into an argument over three posts from one person (literally no other Jags fan said anything in the entire thread) from 10 months ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pwny said:

If you ever needed evidence of how fickle the Kicking game is, I can’t imagine there’s many better examples.

Dan Baily - same thing. Was the most accurate kicker in NFL history, messed up his leg, career tanked. IIRC he did end up having 1 or 2 bounce back seasons with the Vikings, but he was never the same. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Because it's funny and has come full circle. No one even called you out, so I'm not sure why you're so defensive here.

Not defensive at all. It’s a thread about a one time fan favorite player, so fans of that team are certainly going to come in and discuss the player and the topic being discussed. I just don’t understand why this is what it is. I get where the first post came from; I could see how that’s funny. Someone thought he was better and then he fell off. It’s silly fun, I get that.

The stuff after that, I don’t get it. Want help me out with understanding that? Because I genuinely don’t get it, and it’s not me being defensive. Like I really don’t understand why the timing of that thread relative to his season ending injury means anything or like what the point of the “he really fell off a cliff” comment before that if it’s just the funniness and full circle of the three comments that’s the thing. 

56 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dan Baily - same thing. Was the most accurate kicker in NFL history, messed up his leg, career tanked. IIRC he did end up having 1 or 2 bounce back seasons with the Vikings, but he was never the same. 

Stephen Gostkowski, Greg Zuerlein, etc. etc.

So many guys have 2-3 years of dominance then fade into obscurity forever.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Your point is correct, but Dan Bailey was still #1 in NFL history going into his ~7th year in the NFL. Although he might have lost the title to Tucker in year 6. 

27 minutes ago, pwny said:

The stuff after that, I don’t get it. Want help me out with understanding that?

Not really. If it’s not funny to you then I’m not going to explain it and maybe it’s just not funny.

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

Like I really don’t understand why the timing of that thread relative to his season ending injury means anything or like what the point of the “he really fell off a cliff” comment before that if it’s just the funniness and full circle of the three comments that’s the thing. 

More because of who it was that said it relative to the funny argument (from some of our perspectives) last December.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not really. If it’s not funny to you then I’m not going to explain it and maybe it’s just not funny.

More because of who it was that said it relative to the funny argument (from some of our perspectives) last December.

I made two posts in a 17 page thread about how I think Lambo has been the best kicker in the league while he has been with the Jags.

Did I say he’s had a better career than Tucker? Nope.

Ten years after Justin Tucker retires will anyone remember him? 

Right now I remember a Vinatieri as a kicker and that’s about it. Maybe, can throw in Doug Flutie for drop kicking a PAT and Scott Norwood for hanging the Bills out to dry. It’s so hard to be memorable as a kicker.  

15 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I get the overall point you're making, but..."2 or 3 years of dominance"? For Space Ghost? He had a 14 year NFL career, at the end of which he was a top 10 kicker all time in both points and accuracy. He went to multiple pro-bowls, won multiple all pros and multiple Superbowls. He lead the league in scoring 5 times, including a record setting 4 years in a row (something Tucker has never done once). He's also second all time in play-off scoring and one of only 9 kickers in history to make a FG of 62 yards or more.

He's legitimately one of the greatest kickers of all time. Weirdly, he's a rare example of playing for the Patriots actually hurting his legacy, because he followed on from Vinatieri.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leoric said:

Ten years after Justin Tucker retires will anyone remember him? 

Right now I remember a Vinatieri as a kicker and that’s about it. Maybe, can throw in Doug Flutie for drop kicking a PAT and Scott Norwood for hanging the Bills out to dry. It’s so hard to be memorable as a kicker.  

Kicker justin tucker dabbing GIF on GIFER - by Safym

Justin Tucker GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ravens GIF - Ravens Baltimore Ravens Touchdown - Discover & Share GIFs

Justin Tucker GIFs | Tenor

Let off my guy