2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

I'm starting to somewhat warm on Brian Callahan as an option here actually. He's been working with Burrow, he's been a part of this organization, been around football a long time. I think that's a sleeper (maybe not a big one), but nevertheless.

Doug Pedersen also needs to be interviewed. I would take that guy in a heartbeat. The dysfunctional Eagles FO drove him out. He's a hell of a coach.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I'm starting to somewhat warm on Brian Callahan as an option here actually. He's been working with Burrow, he's been a part of this organization, been around football a long time. I think that's a sleeper (maybe not a big one), but nevertheless.

Doug Pedersen also needs to be interviewed. I would take that guy in a heartbeat. The dysfunctional Eagles FO drove him out. He's a hell of a coach.

I might have posted in the Fangio thread, but Allbright's take on why no on both Flores/Pederson were surprising.  Obviosly it's not a guarantee he's right, but he's pretty plugged in, hard to ignore.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Callahan is on my list for OC actually. I was wondering if we offered him play calling and AHC, he could be tempted away from cincy.

Still love Shane Day for OC. 

Would love to see Jerod Mayo here as DC under a defensive head coach like Quinn, if that’s the way we go. Let him build his résumé away from the Belichick tree. And I’ve been banging the Brian Callahan drum for a couple months now. And assuming Zac Taylor calls plays, we could hire him as AHC/OC/play-caller. 

• Like 1

Reportedly requesting Leslie Frazier as well. Not opposed there, but wouldn't be my top choice.

Also, I know people are down on Mayo, and he's not my top choice, but he does have more of a Vrabel-esque background than a Joe Judge-esque background, and I do wonder if that's why he's drawing some interest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Reportedly requesting Leslie Frazier as well. Not opposed there, but wouldn't be my top choice.

Also, I know people are down on Mayo, and he's not my top choice, but he does have more of a Vrabel-esque background than a Joe Judge-esque background, and I do wonder if that's why he's drawing some interest.

Frazier was with Paton in Minnesota of course. More interestingly, that implies we have a genuine interest in Mayo, and he’s not just a Rooney rule guy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

While I wouldn’t be excited about Leslie Frazier, I think he would be a solid choice. Definitely an experienced adult in the room type and has ties to Paton from Minnesota. 

35 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I might have posted in the Fangio thread, but Allbright's take on why no on both Flores/Pederson were surprising.  Obviosly it's not a guarantee he's right, but he's pretty plugged in, hard to ignore.   

Wait, a Belichick assistant is a control freak and difficult to work with? I can’t believe that for one second. 

• Like 1