Texans trade RB Mark Ingram to Saints

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

He's still a good RB that compliments Kamara nicely

Good is an overstatement at this point in his career, but surely a better option than Ozigbo. His play clearly declined last season with the Ravens and has been similar this season with the Texans. Would love to be wrong, but generally speaking (soon to be) 32 year old RB's are what they are.

Edited by tyler735

10 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Good is an overstatement at this point in his career, but surely a better option than Ozigbo. His play clearly declined last season with the Ravens and has been similar this season with the Texans. Would love to be wrong, but generally speaking (soon to be) 32 year old RB's are what they are.

The Raven's notwithstanding, maybe due to injury or some other reason for his reduced production, I refuse to let anything that happens on the Texans with a player influence my view of them.  They're more dysfunctional than my Cavs have been and outside of some exceptional talents that just exceed any limitations around them it'd be hard for anyone to really look good.

I mean he's not going to be the RB that he was when he was first here, but he will likely be back to his 4.2+ ypc workhorse self.

Probably a 6th or 7th round pick, so not much draft capital wasted if he's completely washed.

I'm honestly more stoked about him being on the sidelines than what he potentially brings to the offense. Also hoping he gets the all-time franchise rushing record before the end of the year. Pretty sure he's only 90 yards away.

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Looks like we get him next year too!

I really really like this. I was really bummed when he left, yet, I get it. I also think the Saints made the right move then... and they're making the right move now.

It takes real men on both sides to reunite, and it's clear that the parting of ways a few years ago was a business decision, not a personal one. (or at least that's my take).

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 8:19 PM, Mid Iowa said:

Regardless of his age, Ingram and Kamara can finish each other's sentences, and their combined attitude will be an amazing asset.

You just watch, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the entire run game goes off the hook with this duo this season.

My thoughts exactly man! Ingram should provide the consistency we need from a RB2. He will compliment Kamara (just like in Kamara's rookie season). More importantly though, I think, the two will push each other to be better than they are. I'm stoked about this trade.

Also, the leadership quality will just compliment the Saints' locker room. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

My thoughts exactly man! Ingram should provide the consistency we need from a RB2. He will compliment Kamara (just like in Kamara's rookie season). More importantly though, I think, the two will push each other to be better than they are. I'm stoked about this trade.

Also, the leadership quality will just compliment the Saints' locker room. 

Bingo!