Week 8 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i have no idea what to do about that rule. they're calling them by the letter of the law, but there's no way offenses should be hugely rewarded for a garbage throw. it's tough because sometimes you do have a situation where a defender is beat and tackles the receiver to prevent a touchdown, and in that instance it does make sense as a spot foul. but when the QB heaves up a duck that draws the WR straight into the DB, and you get 50 yards out of that? come on.

I read somewhere the 49ers leads the league in PI’s so that was smart of the Colts to exploit them. IMO it’s more of a DB problem if they don’t panic and actually turn their heads they can knock down some of the passes and even get some picks. I also think teams and refs will adjust and not call it if a team is doing it on purpose.

10 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Makes you wonder why BB the mastermind can't outscheme Davis Mills. 

It does. Or if the players didn’t implement it

youd imagine he wouldn’t have told Jackson and Devin to go for the same ball and both miss it allowing the receiver to waltz into the end zone unattended, for example

Edited by Hunter2_1