Week 9 GDT: Titans @ Rams

TitanLegend

18 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

This stretch without Henry will be without a doubt Vrabes biggest moment as a coach. 

I think we SHOULD win 4 games over the next 9.

I think if he manages to lead us to win 6 or possibly 7, that would be special.

Excited and scared to find out who we really are when adversity hits.

having one of the easiest remaining schedules helps..

• Like 1

This team has been able to overcome the loss of starting DBs and OL. 
Played the Chiefs (who aren't themselves but still dangerous) with backup DBs and was able to hold them to no TDs.
3rd string OTs helping a RB run for 2k.

The loss of a superstar like Henry isn't something you just sweep under the rug, but a RB by committee can hold you a float I feel. 
If my confidence to win this game before Henry was out was an 70%, now it is at about 60-65%. 

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This explains a lot about our differing opinions. My confidence to win this game with Henry was 25% lol.

After beating the Bills, smoking the Chiefs, and sweeping the Colts? Like, how?

The Rams are good, but not world beaters. They barely beat the Colts and got smoked by the Cardinals just like us. 

Edited by Mesa_Titan

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The Rams are good, but not world beaters. They barely beat the Colts and got smoked by the Cardinals just like us. 

I think the Rams are significantly better than those three teams (maybe not the Bills, though I continue to find the Bills overhyped) and we’re on the road, in prime time. They’re also a terrible matchup for us. Can exploit the weakness of our offensive line (pass blocking, particularly interior), have the best corner in football to shadow AJ and can exploit our corner depth with two very good, versatile receivers. 

It’s not hopeless, just not convinced we are one of the two or three best teams in football. Which I believe they are. While they’re also healthier and at home. It’s a lot working in their favor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

they're a pretty rough matchup for us. the bills and chiefs are one-dimensional and can only really pass, which helped us out a lot defensively. plus it's clear now that the chiefs are just in general disarray. the rams on the other hand are a balanced offense with a solid running game, two excellent receivers, and possibly the hottest QB in the league right now. on the other side, donald and miller are brutal for an OL that has been flat-out bad at pass blocking, and jalen ramsey is one of the only corners in the league who can take away AJ brown. you can't ever count the titans out completely, but this one's a tougher matchup than the chiefs and colts for sure, and possibly the bills as well.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think the Rams are significantly better than those three teams (maybe not the Bills, though I continue to find the Bills overhyped) and we’re on the road, in prime time. They’re also a terrible matchup for us. Can exploit the weakness of our offensive line (pass blocking, particularly interior), have the best corner in football to shadow AJ and can exploit our corner depth with two very good, versatile receivers. 

It’s not hopeless, just not convinced we are one of the two or three best teams in football. Which I believe they are. While they’re also healthier and at home. It’s a lot working in their favor.

I mean. Save for being on the road, this is the exact same thing you could have said pre Bills game. Is it not? I will admit that Donald and Miller are scarier than the Bills front, but White-Ramsey is a good comparison. 

I don’t have the stats on hand, but I believe we’ve been a better road team than home team under Vrabel. I could be wrong, correct me if I am.