Week 9 GDT: Titans @ Rams

TitanLegend

So my reasons for being somewhat confident are as such:
They beat:
Dalton lead Bears
Geno lead Seahawks
Detroit, Giants and Texans
Had to come back to beat the Colts and Jacob Eason was in for Wentz for the final INT (Wentz would have turned it over too most likely. lol  )

Lost to a good Cardinals team. Beat a good Bucs team. 

One real good "quality" win at home. 

All that means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but they are human and beatable. 
The Bills was this unstoppable force until they played us. And we really didn't stop them but we beat them. 
Came back in a hostile Seattle game. Came back in a gritty tough Colts game. 
Destroyed a weary Chiefs team. 
Overcame turnovers first Colts game. 

Tough team. I told myself last week, that if they came back in that Colts game I'd give them the benefit of doubt. They proved they got some moxie to them. 

If we can figure out how to consistently move the chains we should be okay.  Our secondary hopefully continues to improve and we can get pressure disrupt anyone.  No 40 yard penalties and we are good on D as well.  The different part is normally if it’s close in 4th we could trust our O to move the ball without the King to occupy the D we might struggle

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Call me crazy, but I think AJ can one up Ramsey in their matchup. I really think he is that good. 

Idk if he will or won’t, cuz Ramsey is also “that” good

but that’s the proverbial next step for AJ. A true #1 who can beat your #1 corner. The time is coming 

I would feel a little better about our chances vs LA if we had a week between losing Henry and this game.

I think we try to keep our same identity and get in an early hole, then fight back as usual...but not enough...they put some distance between us in the 4th qtr.

As far as out identity, I think we needed to adjust slightly even if he was healthy. I think that he should get around 20-24 touches a game and we should make them more meaningful instead of wasting 4-6 carries a game where we all know it is coming...along with the defense...and he gets swallowed up for a loss.

They win 38-17. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

17 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think the Rams are significantly better than those three teams (maybe not the Bills, though I continue to find the Bills overhyped) and we’re on the road, in prime time. They’re also a terrible matchup for us. Can exploit the weakness of our offensive line (pass blocking, particularly interior), have the best corner in football to shadow AJ and can exploit our corner depth with two very good, versatile receivers. 

It’s not hopeless, just not convinced we are one of the two or three best teams in football. Which I believe they are. While they’re also healthier and at home. It’s a lot working in their favor.

this is the same team that almost lost to the lions two weeks ago.. good points but you're putting them on a pedestal.. we should have julio back and i trust our defense against stafford.. he's still prone to make a mistake here and now.. 

14 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I would feel a little better about our chances vs LA if we had a week between losing Henry and this game.

I think we try to keep our same identity and get in an early hole, then fight back as usual...but not enough...they put some distance between us in the 4th qtr.

As far as out identity, I think we needed to adjust slightly even if he was healthy. I think that he should get around 20-24 touches a game and we should make them more meaningful instead of wasting 4-6 carries a game where we all know it is coming...along with the defense...and he gets swallowed up for a loss.

They win 38-17. 

i respect this, but theres just no way.. titans may lose, but i think this is gonna be more of a game than folks think.. we lost ONE player.. our best player but he's just one guy of 53.. the TEAM will show up and this will be a game.. this aint madden lol.. julio and aj being out there will make a tone of difference and our defense against their offense? give me our defense any day, the way they've been playing late.. you dont think the players have heard how everyone, including fans, are writing them off.. national tv, everyone will be watching...titans about to make this a statement game when they beat the rams without their best player..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KingTitan said:

So my reasons for being somewhat confident are as such:
They beat:
Dalton lead Bears
Geno lead Seahawks
Detroit, Giants and Texans
Had to come back to beat the Colts and Jacob Eason was in for Wentz for the final INT (Wentz would have turned it over too most likely. lol  )

Lost to a good Cardinals team. Beat a good Bucs team. 

One real good "quality" win at home. 

All that means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but they are human and beatable. 
The Bills was this unstoppable force until they played us. And we really didn't stop them but we beat them. 
Came back in a hostile Seattle game. Came back in a gritty tough Colts game. 
Destroyed a weary Chiefs team. 
Overcame turnovers first Colts game. 

Tough team. I told myself last week, that if they came back in that Colts game I'd give them the benefit of doubt. They proved they got some moxie to them. 

We dominated the Bucs, and handed the Giants their worst loss and were up on the Texans 38-0 before pulling everyone, the same team that nearly beat the Patriots who just beat the Chargers.

So that's always a slippery slope, with the who beat who game.

We're definitely beatable, but I think the problem for the Titans is that with the Miller trade and this being a primetime game, the environment is going to be pretty crazy. Hard to see the Titans stopping us and hard to see them consistently moving the ball.

But I know counting the Titans out has always been dangerous, so while I think we should win fairly easily, it might not happen that way.

You guys will appreciate our uniform color scheme Sunday Night...