Week 9 GDT: Titans @ Rams

TitanLegend

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Where are hearing or seeing that Tanny won't play?  
He was sore, like a lot of people, but haven't got any indication there is a slight chance he won't play or has something that will hinder him. 

Why stop with Sunday?
Sit him vs the Saints, Steelers and Patriots with their pass rush too. Oh and Bosa and the 49ers. 
Let's just forfeit those 4 games. 

I’m not seeing that he won’t play, I’m saying that he was obviously hurt at the end of the game and was in rough shape in the presser. And if that limits him in any way, risking the entire season in our first post-Henry game against two literal Hall of Fame pass rushers is ridiculous.

But sure, compare the Rams to four teams with bad offenses where there will be significantly less pressure on Tannehill to need 40 points to win the game. Add in that the Rams are also an NFC team, so they won’t factor into tiebreakers, it’s an easy call if Julio isn’t ready and Tannehill is hurting.

We are the most injured team in football and just lost our best player for likely the rest of the regular season and have the latest bye in (I believe) NFL history. If we can take a week off to regroup, get healthy and prepare for the second half of the season, go for it.

If Tannehill is 100% and Julio is fine. Sure, chase the win. But I haven’t forgotten the Jets game, where a fully healthy Tannehill was massacred because nobody could get open. No other team presents two elite pass rushers as well as the best corner in football. This is the worst matchup we could get in Henry’s first game out.

Just now, titans0021 said:

And note: We’re not going to go full rest. I’m not an idiot, I know Vrabel doesn’t have that in him. I’m saying it’s what we should do if we can’t field a fully healthy QB and two capable receivers.

I get the thinking, in a way. But as you just said. He got hit against the Jets. So what makes any other game the rest of the season any different?  Wasn't a uproar to sit him with no Julio or AJ.  Wasn't anything said when Lewan, Saffold, Daivs all go out the game or when Ques goes out. 

Henry is a lost, yes. But the rest of the team is "basically" in tact the same it would be if Henry was playing. 
Wins matter. 
If Buffalo has 13 wins and we have 12, tiebreakers, AFC whatever won't matter. 
The fact that we are so banged up and still 6-2 speaks to the mentality that we should never consider resting or taking guys out for bruises.  
49ers lost a lot last year and was in the gutter. 

We've lost a lot and we've managed to win in spite of, mainly because of the mindset that whoever is on the roster we fight and keep playing. If you can get out there despite who is missing or not being 100% you go. 

Hurt vs injured.  Hurt you play, injured you sit. 

22 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If DeVante Parker is available for a late pick I'd be interested in that. We need depth at WR badly. If something happens to AJB or Julio we're going to see the same offense we saw against the Jets.

I’d honestly sign DeSean Jackson once he’s released today. Not that he’s special, but he’d at least be experienced depth and immediately the fastest player on the offense.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’d honestly sign DeSean Jackson once he’s released today. Not that he’s special, but he’d at least be experienced depth and immediately the fastest player on the offense.

Yeah, I saw he was going to be released if they didn't find a trade partner. I'd add him too just to see if he can be a deep threat on those PA bombs. Basically the Khalif Raymond role. Not sure how much speed he has left at 34.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

he can't block so we won't, because that's the most important quality to have in a receiver

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he can't block so we won't, because that's the most important quality to have in a receiver

It’s a very important quality in this offense. There’s been a ton of Henry long runs that have had AJ Brown or Corey Davis manhandling a safety or corner down the sideline to the end zone. Doesn’t happen with a Desean Jackson out there. 

Wonder if we're interested. Would be nice to have someone under 30 lol.

I wonder how good of "football shape" Peterson is going to be. I'm sure he has continued working out while not on a team, but surely he's not conditioned as well as he would have been if he was on a roster. He may have to split carries out of necessity, not just because he's no longer a bell cow.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Saying you only want WRs that are plus blockers so they can dominate a DB 40 yards downfield on the one long run Henry may or may not even have is pretty insane.

also i don't know if people have forgotten but henry definitely won't be breaking any of those runs anytime soon lol

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

also i don't know if people have forgotten but henry definitely won't be breaking any of those runs anytime soon lol

Oh sweet summer child, you think we’re going to revamp the entire offense because Henry went down? Why do you think we signed AP? Because we’re going to run the same offense. Or at least try to. We’ll see how it works out. 

Truthfully adding Jackson speed at WR is more needed now that Henry is gone. With out Henry teams are gongs to key on AJ goin across the middle. Adding speed atleast stretches the defense. Plus outside of AJ and Julio our WRs are terrible, the jets game proved that.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Oh sweet summer child, you think we’re going to revamp the entire offense because Henry went down? Why do you think we signed AP? Because we’re going to run the same offense. Or at least try to. We’ll see how it works out. 

I mean, do you expect receivers to be springing long Adrian Peterson TD runs? The offense may be the same, but the explosiveness of the run game is gone regardless of which receivers are blocking outside.

Yeah, I think AD can actually be a decent runner within 15 yards, but he doesn't have the long speed anymore. He's not busting 70 yard runs.

Also, building an offense around low percentage plays that might happen 10 times a year if you're lucky is just insane. Henry or no Henry.