Week 9 GDT: Titans @ Rams

TitanLegend

Do we even have any CBs left to play? lol

Farley on long-term IR and Fulton on short-term IR. 

Chris Jackson and Greg Mabin both DNP 2 days in a row.

Looks like Borders/J. Jenkins at boundary CB and Molden in the slot and then Cruikshank as our 4th DB? We have no other CBs on the roster that I'm aware of unless they're sure Jackson/Mabin are going to play.

Big Jeff didn't practice at all either and he finished the game so maybe we know they're both good to go and are just resting their injuries.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Do we even have any CBs left to play? lol

Farley on long-term IR and Fulton on short-term IR. 

Chris Jackson and Greg Mabin both DNP 2 days in a row.

Looks like Borders/J. Jenkins at boundary CB and Molden in the slot and then Cruikshank as our 4th DB? We have no other CBs on the roster that I'm aware of unless they're sure Jackson/Mabin are going to play.

Big Jeff didn't practice at all either and he finished the game so maybe we know they're both good to go and are just resting their injuries.

yeah i’d be shocked if big jeff didn’t go. the CBs….who knows lol

Excited to see Dillon Radunz. 

Also, nervous to see Dillon Radunz.

Hopefully he can churn out a decent game, but tough competition for his first start. I'd have to imagine the Rams put Donald over him often.

I would expect Miller to really only see the field in a limited role on obvious passing situations. 3rd and long could be scary, but I don't think we'll see anything fancy from him other than just trying to beat the tackle on the edge.

4 hours ago, quiller said:

I still really don’t know what to think about the Rams.  I did not have them as a elite team coming in.  Even with Stafford and two high quality receivers I don’t think their offense is explosive enough to match some of the elite teams.  There D though makes them a tough out at any time.
with this game  Stafford is good but he can be effected by pressure our specialty. But can we stop the run early to put them in third long enough to keep them from just moving up and down the field.  We are know for bend not break so do we make plays in red zone to keep them to FG.  On O can we make plays in red zone with out Henry to get TD not FG

I think you do know what to think of the Rams. Its tough for people to associate Stafford and winning and even MVP in the same sentence bc he was trapped in Detroit for his entire career. In the same way when Kyle Shanahan was the OC in the Atlanta. It was hard to say Matt Ryan the league MVP and the Falcons in the Superbowl even having a 26pt lead over the Pats. Had Shanahan didnt pull a Shanahan and stopped running the ball we would be saying Matt Ryan Superbowl champion. So thats what happens when a talented QB links up with a talented offensive mind. The worst thing the Falcons ever did was let Kyle go to the Niners and they kept Dan Quinn. They shouldve fired Quinn and kept Kyle thus Ryan wouldve still been playing at his MVP level and the Falcons wouldnt have fallen off so badly like they have. Thats my opinion.

Anyways, so many people looked at Stafford and said he is a top talent at the QB. He can do things that really only Mahomes and ARod can do. You put him in the system McVay runs and thats a lethal combination. Its playing out right before our eyes. Stafford to date is unstoppable no matter if you play man or zone. The scary thing is he has left plays out on the field and he hasnt even got in sync with Woods in the same way as he has with Kupp. If he ever get in sync with Woods, its lights out bc then he will just be toying with defenses thinking he is going to target Kupp 10+ times every game. And I disagree the Rams offense is explosive enough to match with any team. And as for pressure, no QB is great when they are being hit and sacked. The thing is, Stafford hasnt been hit or sacked much this season bc the Rams O-Line has done a great job in protecting him. The Titans D-Line is going to have to play the best in the entire season if they want to have a shot to slow down the Rams offense bc McVay is going to exploit the Titans weakness which is empty sets. The Titans are one of the worst teams at defending empty sets and the Rams are the best in terms of running empty sets. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I think you do know what to think of the Rams. Its tough for people to associate Stafford and winning and even MVP in the same sentence bc he was trapped in Detroit for his entire career. In the same way when Kyle Shanahan was the OC in the Atlanta. It was hard to say Matt Ryan the league MVP and the Falcons in the Superbowl even having a 26pt lead over the Pats. Had Shanahan didnt pull a Shanahan and stopped running the ball we would be saying Matt Ryan Superbowl champion. So thats what happens when a talented QB links up with a talented offensive mind. The worst thing the Falcons ever did was let Kyle go to the Niners and they kept Dan Quinn. They shouldve fired Quinn and kept Kyle thus Ryan wouldve still been playing at his MVP level and the Falcons wouldnt have fallen off so badly like they have. Thats my opinion.

Anyways, so many people looked at Stafford and said he is a top talent at the QB. He can do things that really only Mahomes and ARod can do. You put him in the system McVay runs and thats a lethal combination. Its playing out right before our eyes. Stafford to date is unstoppable no matter if you play man or zone. The scary thing is he has left plays out on the field and he hasnt even got in sync with Woods in the same way as he has with Kupp. If he ever get in sync with Woods, its lights out bc then he will just be toying with defenses thinking he is going to target Kupp 10+ times every game. And I disagree the Rams offense is explosive enough to match with any team. And as for pressure, no QB is great when they are being hit and sacked. The thing is, Stafford hasnt been hit or sacked much this season bc the Rams O-Line has done a great job in protecting him. The Titans D-Line is going to have to play the best in the entire season if they want to have a shot to slow down the Rams offense bc McVay is going to exploit the Titans weakness which is empty sets. The Titans are one of the worst teams at defending empty sets and the Rams are the best in terms of running empty sets. 

People still think Ryan Tannehill is nothing more than gum stuck to the bottom of Derrick Henry's shoe and he's kept it up now in his third season. I think everyone here can relate to no one adjusting to their previous narrative lol.

I don't think a lot of people want to acknowledge how much of a role the environment a QB is in plays in regards to their success. A lot of people see wins as a QB stat.

I think Mahomes is a great talent, but put him in Lawrence's ugly Jaguar shoes for his first couple of years in the NFL and I think the narrative around him is much different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

People still think Ryan Tannehill is nothing more than gum stuck to the bottom of Derrick Henry's shoe and he's kept it up now in his third season. I think everyone here can relate to no one adjusting to their previous narrative lol.

I don't think a lot of people want to acknowledge how much of a role the environment a QB is in plays in regards to their success. A lot of people see wins as a QB stat.

I think Mahomes is a great talent, but put him in Lawrence's ugly Jaguar shoes for his first couple of years in the NFL and I think the narrative around him is much different.

Well its clear that Tannehill in Miami it wasnt him it was Miami. I think people feel that way about Tannehill bc they havent truly seen him do it for a long stretch of time without Henry. He has a chance to prove to people he can do it without Henry. Now I think it would be unfair to criticize him harshly bc losing Henry is the equivalent of Brady not having Evans, Godwin, and AB to throw too. I was interested in seeing how the Titans would look like after losing their OC Arthur Smith. I do think having AJ Brown and hopefully a healthy Julio should help somewhat with the lose of Henry. I just think now the Titans are going to have to adjust their gameplan a bit. Tannehill has the ability to still do really good things. 

I definitely agree with you on Mahomes. Mahomes has that "rich kid" syndrome. He inherited a great coach and all those great weapons. There was a reason he fell in the draft. He just ended up in a great situation in the same way Mac Jones ended up in the great situation. The league is mostly about ending up in the right situation. Lawrence is in a terrible situation but he is a talented QB that if the Jags build around him right he is going to reach his absolute great potential which is a top 3-5 QB in the NFL one day. So I do think the narrative need to be adjusted based on new information.  

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well its clear that Tannehill in Miami it wasnt him it was Miami. I think people feel that way about Tannehill bc they havent truly seen him do it for a long stretch of time without Henry. He has a chance to prove to people he can do it without Henry. Now I think it would be unfair to criticize him harshly bc losing Henry is the equivalent of Brady not having Evans, Godwin, and AB to throw too. I was interested in seeing how the Titans would look like after losing their OC Arthur Smith. I do think having AJ Brown and hopefully a healthy Julio should help somewhat with the lose of Henry. I just think now the Titans are going to have to adjust their gameplan a bit. Tannehill has the ability to still do really good things. 

I definitely agree with you on Mahomes. Mahomes has that "rich kid" syndrome. He inherited a great coach and all those great weapons. There was a reason he fell in the draft. He just ended up in a great situation in the same way Mac Jones ended up in the great situation. The league is mostly about ending up in the right situation. Lawrence is in a terrible situation but he is a talented QB that if the Jags build around him right he is going to reach his absolute great potential which is a top 3-5 QB in the NFL one day. So I do think the narrative need to be adjusted based on new information.  

I'm not really worried about Tannehill doing it without Henry. That's a media narrative because they don't want to change their bias towards Tannehill. One could make the same argument for Stafford only succeeding in the same environment that had a prolific offense and a SB appearance with Jared Goff at the helm. 

Henry may be the most valuable RB in the NFL, but he's still a RB. Losing him made the betting line in this weeks game move 1 point. Losing Rogers made the Packers betting line move 6 points. AJ Brown is more valuable to our offensive success than Henry, although most fans you ask probably won't agree with that.

Our offense is effective because of the explosive passing game and I don't really expect the offense to take that big of a step back unless whoever replaces Henry is turnover prone. 

56 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not really worried about Tannehill doing it without Henry. That's a media narrative because they don't want to change their bias towards Tannehill. One could make the same argument for Stafford only succeeding in the same environment that had a prolific offense and a SB appearance with Jared Goff at the helm. 

Henry may be the most valuable RB in the NFL, but he's still a RB. Losing him made the betting line in this weeks game move 1 point. Losing Rogers made the Packers betting line move 6 points. AJ Brown is more valuable to our offensive success than Henry, although most fans you ask probably won't agree with that.

Our offense is effective because of the explosive passing game and I don't really expect the offense to take that big of a step back unless whoever replaces Henry is turnover prone. 

I definitely hear what you are saying. I think the main thing is adjusting to life without Henry bc that’s what the Titans offense was so heavily doing. It’s like McVay being in Washington and his offense playing through the tight end Jordan Reed then going to the Rams and going 11 personnel playing through the receivers and also Gurley was the main guy. People questioned how would McVay use Gurley bc in Washington they didn’t really have a good rushing attack. So I want to see how the Titans game plan will adjust without Henry but as far as weapons I do think Tannehill still have top tier weapons in Brown and Julio when he is relatively healthy. 

if we don't have lewan against von miller.......lol

oh, and i didn't even realize radunz is about to get his first start against aaron freaking donald lmao. christ. i just need tannehill to come out of this game healthy. that's literally it.

Edited by -Hope-

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

if we don't have lewan against von miller.......lol

oh, and i didn't even realize radunz is about to get his first start against aaron freaking donald lmao. christ. i just need tannehill to come out of this game healthy. that's literally it.

Could be good for him. I’m expecting him to get beat, but if he can hold his own the confidence boost that would be is enormous.