Trade deadline 2021

sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, Fray32 said:

Well MT13 might be shut down for the season which isn't helping matters that's for sure. This is reminding me more and more of the Kawhi Leonard/Spurs situation 

Thomas hasn't really done anything since 2019.  If he can't stay healthy, we gotta find something else.

• Like 1

Between the Winston injury and Thomas injury setback my hopes for this season have basically dwindled. Sucks since we have so much talent on defense, quality OL, and an elite RB.

Don't see this team doing anything in the playoffs if we make it. Between the QB situation and complete lack of talent at WR/TE, quality teams will feast on us. Maybe we will at least get to see if Book is worth anything as a QB at some point in the coming games.

• Like 1

I read something that said Callaway is our leading receiver, and is 107th on the list of receivers 2021 in terms of yardage.

Even with Jameis around, this year was gonna be a tall order, especially with Thomas out.  I'm not afraid to say it's basically over.  Our defense will need to completely dominate for us to have a chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

I read something that said Callaway is our leading receiver, and is 107th on the list of receivers 2021 in terms of yardage.

Even with Jameis around, this year was gonna be a tall order, especially with Thomas out.  I'm not afraid to say it's basically over.  Our defense will need to completely dominate for us to have a chance.

I think it'll be fine. We beat two of the best teams in the league with this roster. Winston going down hurts, but I think Siemian can be a game manager. The offense will just have to change a bit.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think it'll be fine. We beat two of the best teams in the league with this roster. Winston going down hurts, but I think Siemian can be a game manager. The offense will just have to change a bit.

Yes it could happen, but it's gonna require elite play from the defense.  There's no way to spin it, this offense is severely depleted.   Brady turned the ball over 3 times, and the Bucs committed a ton of penalties that changed the game, including wiping out a Trevor Siemian turnover. 

Now I'm not saying we won't make the playoffs, we're already 5-2, and the defense is good enough to get enough wins.  But if Trevor Siemian wins a superbowl, it'll be because he had the best defense in the league.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Yes it could happen, but it's gonna require elite play from the defense.  There's no way to spin it, this offense is severely depleted.   Brady turned the ball over 3 times, and the Bucs committed a ton of penalties that changed the game, including wiping out a Trevor Siemian turnover. 

Now I'm not saying we won't make the playoffs, we're already 5-2, and the defense is good enough to get enough wins.  But if Trevor Siemian wins a superbowl, it'll be because he had the best defense in the league.

Well, of course. Siemian certainly isn't going to carry us. You need him to be Teddy Bridgewater from a few years ago. Let Kamara work, don't turn the ball over. If we don't turn the ball over I'm confident in every game. If you give offenses the ball at midfield, you can't expect the defense to hold them all game. I think we win most games if we score 20.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Well, of course. Siemian certainly isn't going to carry us. You need him to be Teddy Bridgewater from a few years ago. Let Kamara work, don't turn the ball over. If we don't turn the ball over I'm confident in every game. If you give offenses the ball at midfield, you can't expect the defense to hold them all game. I think we win most games if we score 20.

Thing is, that kind of thing rarely happens.  The team that wins the superbowl usually has elite play at QB.  

10 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Thing is, that kind of thing rarely happens.  The team that wins the superbowl usually has elite play at QB.  

A lot of teams have won because of their defense though. A good defense can create offense. I don't think we win a Super Bowl with Siemian, by any means, but I think we can make some noise in the playoffs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Thomas hasn't really done anything since 2019.  If he can't stay healthy, we gotta find something else.

I'm hoping/expecting Calloway is going to step up big time. This IS his moment to shine without the looming return of MT peeking over his shoulders. Calloway is the #1 now, so we'll see what he's got.

Here's praying to Deonte Harris staying healthy. We need, need, need him to stay healty!

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm hoping/expecting Calloway is going to step up big time. This IS his moment to shine without the looming return of MT peeking over his shoulders. Calloway is the #1 now, so we'll see what he's got.

Here's praying to Deonte Harris staying healthy. We need, need, need him to stay healty!

I think we can manage if healthy. Callaway, Smith, Harris, Stills isn’t good but it isn’t horrible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Man, do we want that attitude?

Yeah he definitely comes with some baggage, but also a ton of talent that could give this offense some much needed talent at WR. 

The Saints apparently tried to trade for him earlier this week but couldn't come to terms on an agreement. His current contract being the main issue as the Browns didn't want to be stuck paying most of it. If he passes through waivers (seems likely on his current contract), it seems there may be reasons to believe he'd sign with us.

I don't think the Saints would try to trade for him unless there was a mutual interest as he'd be a waste if he just refused to play for us or didn't want to be here, so I'd imagine our front office did their due diligence before trying to trade for him. He played college ball at LSU, so that also may play a role in him wanting to play here.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1