(Poll) Forecast What Are the Players, GM, & Coaches Opinions of Baker & the OBJ Situation

Empire Lies

(Poll) What Are the Players & Coaches Opinions of Baker  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is Baker "The Guy" to Kevin Stefanski?

2. 2. Is Baker "The Guy" to Most Offensive Players?

3. 3. Is Baker "The Guy" to Andrew Berry?

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just hope someday someone loves me as much as Mind Lies loves OBJ.  My wife and kids should be taking notes.

Baker Mayfield is second last amongst starting QB’s in on target and catchable passes. He has regressed badly. Can he turn it around? Maybe and I hope so I’m a fan of the person, but I’m not a fan of the player currently.

This wasn’t just a OBJ problem. Like it isn’t just a QB problem but the QB is the biggest part

12 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Baker Mayfield is second last amongst starting QB’s in on target and catchable passes. He has regressed badly. Can he turn it around? Maybe and I hope so I’m a fan of the person, but I’m not a fan of the player currently.

This wasn’t just a OBJ problem. Like it isn’t just a QB problem but the QB is the biggest part

Could that possibly be cause he has played week 2 on with a pretty significant injury 

25 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Perhaps, I guess we’ll see.

47 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:
1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Could that possibly be cause he has played week 2 on with a pretty significant injury 

Honestly the Viking game alone probably was enough to put him 2nd to last. He has gotten used to the sling since then (or had adjustments) but that game will haunt him all year on that stat.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Honestly the Viking game alone probably was enough to put him 2nd to last. He has gotten used to the sling since then (or had adjustments) but that game will haunt him all year on that stat.

The sling isn’t the issue, I’m sure it is painful and while he doesn’t use that arm to throw, he still uses it in his motion and the pain could alter that motion causing inaccuracies 

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Given odells drop rate  maybe he purposely avoids him.

Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Justin Jefferson, and DJ Moore all had higher drop rates than OBJ this year - should their QBs avoided them due to fear of drops? Or are drops and even bad drops a part of football such that quality QBs keep giving guys opportunities and/or improve the quality of opportunities to the WR.

Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, Mike Evans DK Metcalf, Brandin Cooks all had higher drop rates than OBJ 2019 - should their QBs have avoided them that year due to fear of drops?

This thread had the non-charlatan specific numbers on drops and OBJ in context.

There's reality and then there's more fantasy-based fanaticism.

Edited by Empire Lies

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

The sling isn’t the issue, I’m sure it is painful and while he doesn’t use that arm to throw, he still uses it in his motion and the pain could alter that motion causing inaccuracies 

I dunno, you can get used to the discomfort and even the pain but if the sling was tight or cumbersome that's a foreign object and harder to adapt to than your own physical issue, at least in my case.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just hope someday someone loves me as much as Mind Lies loves OBJ.  My wife and kids should be taking notes.

1.) Don't know who that person is, but they sound misunderstood by derps and like they've taken the all22 cloth.

2.) Sickest and saddest nature of this forum's non-wordsmithian populi is that giving proper praise to Baker when it's due (i.e., always accountable, quality leadership, toughness, pinpoint ball placement, ballin out at times) while pointing out evidenced-based analysis regarding his serious issues (i..e, all22 analysis of misses in critical moments/downs over the years, pushing back on the notion that he proved to be certified elite the last 8 games last year by, looking at his how he performs in pressure moments, attributing Baker's misses to factors unrelated to OBJ dark mental force) all gets perceived and interpreted through this lens of "that guy hate's Baker and love OBJ to prove his priors."

The pre-draft banter and polarized lively fun discussion are part of the good pre-draft stuff.  I'd imagine that guy Mind or whoever that is from you all's discussions about him was sitting on knowledge that not many others had and he/she/they/it/hivemind had fun with it. Part truth in critiques, part just bullsh*ttin, part  comedic trollin.

The moment Baker started for the Browns it's beeen all in on Baker with healthy skepticism, rooting for him to soar to highest heights, but not drinking the kool-aid to whitewash very present issues some of which harken back to pre-draft assessments. Even in doing so, still acknowledging that nothing is certain at this points, he's thrived plenty up to a certain level of play in the NFL, and hoping it brakes to the upside for the Browns sake b/c a  Browns super bowl is the only thing that matters in Browns fandom.

In the end, only the deafening calls of the charlatans herd prevails; it has but one message to the members of the analytical cloth: Kiss the Ring of King Baker or be accused of smallhandsmen and/or Browns fandom treason.

Edited by Empire Lies

42 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

There's reality and then there's more fantasy-based fanaticism.

how Is anything I’ve said fantasy based?  I’ve been 100% consistent in saying it’s on Baker too.

You just seem unwilling to admit OBJ may play some role in their failings despite literally every piece of data suggesting otherwise.

Ive said FOR A YEAR NOW that they don’t work, for whatever reason. It’s a little A a little B for sure, but apart both are better.  

Where’s my fantasy based fanaticism?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

1.) Don't know who that person is, but they sound misunderstood by derps and like they've taken the all22 cloth.

2.) Sickest and saddest nature of this forum's non-wordsmithian populi is that giving proper praise to Baker when it's due (i.e., always accountable, quality leadership, toughness, pinpoint ball placement, ballin out at times) while pointing out evidenced-based analysis regarding his serious issues (i..e, all22 analysis of misses in critical moments/downs over the years, pushing back on the notion that he proved to be certified elite the last 8 games last year by, looking at his how he performs in pressure moments, attributing Baker's misses to factors unrelated to OBJ dark mental force) all gets perceived and interpreted through this lens of "that guy hate's Baker and love OBJ to prove his priors."

The pre-draft banter and polarized lively fun discussion are part of the good pre-draft stuff.  I'd imagine that guy Mind or whoever that is from you all's discussions about him was sitting on knowledge that not many others had and he/she/they/it/hivemind had fun with it. Part truth in critiques, part just bullsh*ttin, part  comedic trollin.

The moment Baker started for the Browns it's beeen all in on Baker with healthy skepticism, rooting for him to soar to highest heights, but not drinking the kool-aid to whitewash very present issues some of which harken back to pre-draft assessments. Even in doing so, still acknowledging that nothing is certain at this points, he's thrived plenty up to a certain level of play in the NFL, and hoping it brakes to the upside for the Browns sake b/c a  Browns super bowl is the only thing that matters in Browns fandom.

In the end, only the deafening calls of the charlatans herd prevails; it has but one message to the members of the analytical cloth: Kiss the Ring of King Baker or be accused of smallhandsmen and/or Browns fandom treason.

Jesus Mary and Joseph man can you you learn to sum **** up?

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

how Is anything I’ve said fantasy based?  I’ve been 100% consistent in saying it’s on Baker too.

You just seem unwilling to admit OBJ may play some role in their failings despite literally every piece of data suggesting otherwise.

Ive said FOR A YEAR NOW that they don’t work, for whatever reason. It’s a little A a little B for sure, but apart both are better.  

Where’s my fantasy based fanaticism?

You dont see through the 22nd eye.