(Poll) Forecast What Are the Players, GM, & Coaches Opinions of Baker & the OBJ Situation

Empire Lies

(Poll) What Are the Players & Coaches Opinions of Baker  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is Baker "The Guy" to Kevin Stefanski?

2. 2. Is Baker "The Guy" to Most Offensive Players?

3. 3. Is Baker "The Guy" to Andrew Berry?

I'd heavily wager that most of the players are team Odell here. He's been a quiet, working, team guy since he's been here. Didn't complain up until yesterday and even then it's his family and friends. Any dissection of the tape shows Baker making a good share of bizarre decisions and misreads regarding him.

FO and coach recognize the situation and were/are holding out for Baker to solve the problems. They're trying to salvage the investment in their franchise QB. Trading OBJ wasn't successful and outright releasing him could be problematic. Just dropping an asset isn't smart and If he catches fire this season some where else, it further complicates their struggle salvaging their QB.

I'd say the fact Baker appears unaware of the issues here could be an indicator he's being kid gloved a little. It's obvious he's not seeing the field but somehow he didn't know his high priced WR was getting vexed about it? Either he's saving face and being an actor or someone's tip toeing around him in that film room.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I'd heavily wager that most of the players are team Odell here. He's been a quiet, working, team guy since he's been here. Didn't complain up until yesterday and even then it's his family and friends. Any dissection of the tape shows Baker making a good share of bizarre decisions and misreads regarding him.

FO and coach recognize the situation and were/are holding out for Baker to solve the problems. They're trying to salvage the investment in their franchise QB. Trading OBJ wasn't successful and outright releasing him could be problematic. Just dropping an asset isn't smart and If he catches fire this season some where else, it further complicates their struggle salvaging their QB.

I'd say the fact Baker appears unaware of the issues here could be an indicator he's being kid gloved a little. It's obvious he's not seeing the field but somehow he didn't know his high priced WR was getting vexed about it? Either he's saving face and being an actor or someone's tip toeing around him in that film room.

Yes, he definitely didn't make a post on instagram and delete it. And come on, you know his dad wouldn't have posted that video if OBJ wasn't okay with him doing so.

Why would Baker target him when OBJ drops the easiest passes thrown his way?

The only game this season where they didn't connect that was definitely Baker's fault was the Minnesota game, where his accuracy was just horrible all game long.

Not saying Baker doesn't need to see the field better - he does. But let's not act like OBJ has been some great WR being held back by the QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

somehow he didn't know his high priced WR was getting vexed about it? Either he's saving face and being an actor or someone's tip toeing around him in that film room.

Wasn't that the first game OBJ didn't lead in targets in a game he started? Not certain of it but I bet it's close. If OBJ is leading everyone with 8 targets why would you assume he is disgruntled, especially if 2 of those targets were drops.

I think we're better today than yesterday but that depends on the locker room. Unlike you, I don't think there are many that are against Baker. With OBJ out of the picture those that like both don't have to choose. I suspect no issues going forward internally, or just a minor one here and there which is somewhat depending on Juice.

I’m sure OBJ and Baker are both well liked in the locker room, but I’m also sure it isn’t just fans and media that have noticed the difference with and without OBJ.

While I’m certain they’re all sad it didn’t work out, I wouldn’t be surprised if many/most are excited to see where we go from here from a football standpoint.

34 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yes, he definitely didn't make a post on instagram and delete it. And come on, you know his dad wouldn't have posted that video if OBJ wasn't okay with him doing so.

And I guess we’re ignoring 2019 also…

Why would Baker target him when OBJ drops the easiest passes thrown his way?

At some point repetitive drops are gonna make a QB lose confidence, not to mention questionable effort on contested catches.

The only game this season where they didn't connect that was definitely Baker's fault was the Minnesota game, where his accuracy was just horrible all game long.

Idk man, he missed a few for sure, but there were a number of others where it was questionable.

There was a throw that was a touch long in the end zone and OBJ was flailing about looking for a flat as opposed to just hauling *** and making an attempt at catching the ball.  Not a great throw necessarily, but I’m not sure Nuk or Adams or (insert elite receiver) doesn’t make that catch.

There was a throw down the right sideline where Baker clearly threw back shoulder and OBJ misplayed it and just kind of tossed a hand at it.

Another throw down the right side where OBJ roasted his man and Baker threw it behind him and it hit the DB in the helmet. I’m not saying it was a great throw or even a catch per se, but there was no effort to adjust and compete for the ball.

Lastly that throw where OBJ had 10 steps and an easy score.  Awful miscommunication/throw whatever by Baker, but another instance where there was little effort to adjust to the throw and just catch what was thrown.

It’s things like that where as a QB it’s going to give you pause.  Baker has always put the ball out there and let his receivers make plays. OBJ doesn’t seem all that interested in making physically contested catches tbh.

Not saying Baker doesn't need to see the field better - he does. But let's not act like OBJ has been some great WR being held back by the QB.

This is what the OBJ stans don’t seem to get.  Literally everyone on “team Baker” acknowledges Baker is part of this issue.  Some of these guys act like OBJ has just been blowing everyone’s skirt up every time he gets a pass thrown his way unless it’s in any way off target in which it’s entirely Baker’s issue. He hasn’t.

Look at these passes to other guys.  Some of them are off a bit here and there too, but they’re catching them. DPJ is out here making play after play. Njoku has made some nice plays, Felton as well. Higgins has like one drop the last 2 seasons. Juice has been productive.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bl9e0ju0l7fp9ws69ui0

I’m King of the Derps, who settles for mid shelf bourbon and Jim Nantz and Tony Romo on Sunday afternoon instead 

Maybe we should do this all22 thing?  And if we’re ever wrong (we won’t be because with all22 we’re now experts), we can just create a new username and no one would ever know the difference.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe we should do this all22 thing?  And if we’re ever wrong (we won’t be because with all22 we’re now experts), we can just create a new username and no one would ever know the difference.

LOL

I audibly laughed.

But first let’s ghost for a year when we are wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Wasn't that the first game OBJ didn't lead in targets in a game he started? Not certain of it but I bet it's close. If OBJ is leading everyone with 8 targets why would you assume he is disgruntled, especially if 2 of those targets were drops.

I think we're better today than yesterday but that depends on the locker room. Unlike you, I don't think there are many that are against Baker. With OBJ out of the picture those that like both don't have to choose. I suspect no issues going forward internally, or just a minor one here and there which is somewhat depending on Juice.

You don't have to be against Baker to not like that your guy's been removed from the team because his friends are loudly pointing out the QB's problems. Even Higgins, reportedly one of Baker's buds, supposedly liked OBJ's tweet or something.

Baker gets up for the doubters and hopefully this sparks his play upward. But I think the locker room is messy right now. ..and a loss and/or poor performance from Baker this week would make it worse. I don't have any doubts that Landry will be a leader through it all but still.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

But let's not act like OBJ has been some great WR being held back by the QB.

See, here's where I'm not so sure. Timing and confidence are monumental for a receiver. If a ball comes to you late or not where you expected it..with guys bearing down on you...it's going to make it a more difficult catch. If you don't trust your guy isn't tossing you a hospital ball, or if you're just frustrated that he's missed you over and over...all that factors into his game.

Edited by BrownLeader