Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unless you have Rodgers blood work I think it's ridiculous to say this. If he's raised his antibodies in a manner using a natural method, than he can be labeled selfish, but he's accomplished what he set out to do.

If he's drinking Russ Wilson water some shaman Shailene introduced him to gave him, sure we can reason he's stupid.

Until Rodgers speaks, we don't know and it's all opinion and assumption.

No, it's stupid. 

His decision not to get the vaccine yielded him no measurable benefit. His blood work has absolutely NOTHING to do with this decision. He could do whatever homeopathy he wanted AND get the vaccine.

It was a wholly stupid decision that yielded no benefit to him and caused harm to others. In fact, it is now obvious the decision hurt him as well. So it's even more stupid than even the best potential outcome he could have hoped for.

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, Packerraymond said:

From a football standpoint, yes Rodgers should be vaxxed.

And THATS the only context that matters to me. Why? Because thats the world in which AR was existing all these months. It's best for him personally AND FOR THE ORGANIZATION to get a couple shots and I dont think thats too much to ask.

We're dealing with the repercussions - IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD - of his failing to get those GD shots.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

And THATS the only context that matters to me. Why? Because thats the world in which AR was existing all these months. It's best for him personally AND FOR THE ORGANIZATION to get a couple shots and I dont think thats too much to ask.

We're dealing with the repercussions - IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD - of his failing to get those GD shots.

What's your occupation? Do you see yourself as only that? Or do you have a life and beliefs outside of your job? Aaron probably sees himself as more than a football player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No, it's stupid. 

His decision not to get the vaccine yielded him no measurable benefit. His blood work has absolutely NOTHING to do with this decision. He could do whatever homeopathy he wanted AND get the vaccine.

It was a wholly stupid decision that yielded no benefit to him and caused harm to others. In fact, it is now obvious the decision hurt him as well. So it's even more stupid than even the best potential outcome he could have hoped for.

The benefit to Aaron would be accomplishing what the vax does without putting whatever made him not want the vax in his body. You refuse to accept all humans don't think like Incog so this is pointless to argue.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What's your occupation? Do you see yourself as only that? Or do you have a life and beliefs outside of your job? Aaron probably sees himself as more than a football player.

Thats fine and I also dont identify myself by my career - but - he's in an *intensive* work environment - one with a condensed and short work schedule.

This isnt baseball. There's only 17 games and standings matter because you're dealing with one and done playoffs.

Time is of the essence - so - *anything* that can be done to reduce the chance of missing critical time should be strongly considered.

AR did and said "Nope, not for me"

Fine. Its his personal right. It's his "freedom"  - and the team's now suffering for the indulgence.

When - on the flip side - i.e. consequences - there are none. Your arm hurts for awhile.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The benefit to Aaron would be accomplishing what the vax does without putting whatever made him not want the vax in his body. You refuse to accept all humans don't think like Incog so this is pointless to argue.

Like I said before (and the science shows), it is exceedingly likely that he derives no actual benefit from NOT getting the vaccine.

It doesn't matter what he (or anyone else) believes. The facts are obvious.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Like I said before (and the science shows), it is exceedingly likely that he derives no actual benefit from NOT getting the vaccine.

It doesn't matter what he (or anyone else) believes. The facts are obvious.

We'll wait and see when he talks what he did.

I am not admitting whose side I am on in this conversation as a future likes decision.

I don’t post as much, and my like count will take a hit because of it. I cannot ostracize potential likers by stating what my opinion is, so instead I am just going to say…

You are all dumb for arguing this. Live your lives.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Is their a consequence for a vegan eating meat? No. It's a personal conflict. His girl is into everything natural, obviously has convinced him that he should not get it, and he believes it.

You're getting far afield which isnt necessary at all. I dont know squat about AR personally and could care less what his choices in life are. I've no need to know them or pass judgement on them.

As I've already said - I'm only interested in the football schedule AR. He's not an easily replaceable OLineman.
His position is singular and unique. He should have lessened the likelihood he would (both) get sick or miss extended time - for the team's sake.

Personal choice is the wrong lens to view problems that are collective issues.  Like things that affect society as a whole, or things that affect your teammates.  At some point we expect people on a football team to suck it up and do something for the sake of their teammates, even when it's not something they really relish doing.  I don't see how this is different.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am not admitting whose side I am on in this conversation as a future likes decision.

I don’t post as much, and my like count will take a hit because of it. I cannot ostracize potential likers by stating what my opinion is, so instead I am just going to say…

You are all dumb for arguing this. Live your lives.

I think we all knew before your PSA anyway ;)

I'll still like all of your rational posts.

Edited by incognito_man