Ain't much good, but plenty of ugly against the Giants

ronjon1990

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

My statement was that if Carr crumbles down the stretch, it wouldn't be something out of the norm considering that he started very well the last two seasons and then collapsed down the stretch. I want Carr to play well but he really has folded over the last two years when we were in playoff contention.

I wouldn't consider his production "folding" but that's subjective. Did he play worse than the first 10 games? Sure. Is it all on him? Not at all. Our defensive collapse last year was far, far more problematic than Carr's play.

Again though, we're still not in that "stretch" per your guidelines. I'm just using what you presented to me here. Everyone has bad games and it happens often when teams go east for early games (factor in a friend and teammate of his ruining his life earlier in the week). You can put a lot of weight on this, I'm choosing not to.

16 hours ago, Dodo said:

Best takeaway you can have is that everyone in the conference is deeply flawed and capable of having a game like this.

Just can't help the sick feeling that everything is lining up for KC to come back up and we keep having "good reasons" to slide

Double post

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wouldn't consider his production "folding" but that's subjective. Did he play worse than the first 10 games? Sure. Is it all on him? Not at all. Our defensive collapse last year was far, far more problematic than Carr's play.

We were 6-4 with the easiest remaining SOS last year and Carr had more turnovers then TD down the stretch. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We were 6-4 with the easiest remaining SOS last year and Carr had more turnovers then TD down the stretch. 

OK, great. I am not arguing he played better than he did the previous portion of the season. Not sure why you're trying to hammer a point home that no one is arguing about. If you want to compare it to the defensive play, we can do that. How many games are you expecting to win when you give up almost 34 PPG? Using your guidelines, again.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

22 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Carr has **** the bed twice against two teams the Raider's should have beaten. Don't care about distractions. This shouldn't happen by professional athletes. DO YOUR JOB.

And Josh Allen should've hammered the Jags yesterday. It's the NFL.... **** happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

OK, great. I am not arguing he played better than he did the previous portion of the season. Not sure why you're trying to hammer a point home that no one is arguing about. If you want to compare it to the defensive play, we can do that. How many games are you expecting to win when you give up almost 34 PPG? Using your guidelines, again.

The defense didn't play well but Carr was very below average which led to a lot of turnovers and short drives. 

Honestly, this was Carrs worst game in a long time. It was pathetically bad. 
End of first half, id say 50% on this forum couldve hit waller for the TD. Was a brutal miss by Carr which took 4 points away from us. 
The pick 6, who the hell lobs an out route, that has pick 6 written all over it. 
The deep ball to Edwards double covered in the endzone was stupid. 
Just bad ball placement all day. 
The classic Carr fumble at the end hurt too, Though Jacobs needs to dive on that ball. 

Hopefully Carr bounces back next week. A win over KC means way more than a win over giants, and I had us 1-1 these next 2 games. 
Can Carr get back on track

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The defense didn't play well but Carr was very below average which led to a lot of turnovers and short drives. 

Your word choice here makes me feel like you have an agenda whether you acknowledge it or not. The defense was to the point where we would've been lucky to win a game and they "didn't play well". Carr, and the offense, put us in position to win a few games and they're "below average". 

Just an observation. I dunno...