Post Game Thoughts- Ravens.

cconocool

They held in there well considering that they had depletions all over the defense.

Barr is good but probably isn't worth his salary.

It was sad to note that the best secondary player they had was Breeland, and he stinks.

The safety was alright in place of Smith.

DON'T RUN THE FOOTBALL WHEN IT ISN'T WORKING.

I think the center today might be better than Bradbury.

Kirk doesnt' have a pass rush clock in his head. But we already knew that.

Side note for Minnesota sports in general. We shouldn't try to keep players who cannot stay on the field due to injuries. Trade them or let them walk. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Klint Kubiak is the biggest obstacle that the Vikings face. 

Zimmer is far too focused on the defense, and it continues to lead to game management issues from the sideline. 

Ah yes, I was going to say the team needs to learn how to do a 4 minute drill. 

If it wasn’t obviously to start the season, all 3 of Rick, Zim & Klint deserve to be down the door. 

Hope the successor can move Cousins in February. 

i prefer Rick to be the first one fired now, so ownership can start on filling the GM role (who would fire Zim & Klint eventually).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Did Zimmer call a timeout near the end of the first half for no reason? Like, before the field goal? Anyway, no surprise they lost. At least it was entertaining.

He called a timeout right before their touchdown. Supposedly to get the right defense in place. Oops 

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Klint Kubiak is the biggest obstacle that the Vikings face. 

Zimmer is far too focused on the defense, and it continues to lead to game management issues from the sideline. 

I think this is the least experienced coaching staff that he's had.  He might be spreading himself to thin

Anyone have data on audible percentages? Seems like they don’t give Cousins enough latitude to adjust the play call to counter defensive alignments seems like we hardly ever hear “kill kill” or other verbiage pre-snap. 

what an exhausting game. Play calling atrocious. Just don’t press the ball down the field enough. Frustrating for sure. 

Bright spots were Willekes, Bynum and Nwangu at first watch. 

15 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Anyone have data on audible percentages? Seems like they don’t give Cousins enough latitude to adjust the play call to counter defensive alignments seems like we hardly ever hear “kill kill” or other verbiage pre-snap. 

At this point, I don’t have any faith that Kubiak has audibles attached to his play calls for Cousins to check to. 

Today, the Vikings should've continued using the pass to open the run.  The Ravens established the run and defended the run - very well.  They controlled the clock, and they were extremely lucky to get out of that one with a W.  the Vikings weren't robbed, or out-coached, or even out-played.  

Dalvin had 16 carries for about 44 yards . . . and one for 66.  When JJ's your 2nd leading rusher after Dalvin, on a single carry, we have a problem.  

The new defensive players, 3 rookies?, played darn good football.  I thought Dantzler could've made more plays and had game changing tackles that he missed.  Noticed Kendricks was all over the place, but late in the game, he was going for the strip instead of making stops to save yardage when the Ravens were in their own territory.  

The O-line had their hands full today, and I think most of us expected that.  However, they didn't do too bad.  Had a couple penalties that killed drives though.  Thought the center did well . . . so, we'll need to see what comes of that little gem.

To me, it's obvious that Rick and Co. have done a good job of putting talent and depth on this roster.  And, sure any given Sunday, crazy things happen.  This one was not crazy and the only thing that kept the Vikings in it was 2 turnovers and 2 special teams plays that kept momentum swinging Minny's way.  

It was a much closer game than projected, but daaaaaang, I feel like the Vikes should've stole that one.

Edited by ArcticNorseman
  • Like 2

I don’t think ppl should be mad with how this season is going. It was extremely predictable. I predicted 0-4 start and 5-6 wins because the game strategy of the coaches and management is wrong. The individual talent does not make up for bad strategy preparation and in game management. In 8 years Zim hasn’t progressed. Rick has also generally had the wrong strategy in the off season. I had predicted that JJ would be quietly looking at trade request options by mid-season, and really, could you blame him if he was. Diggs was 100% right and all the players know it. Imagine the WhatsApp messages Cook, JJ, and Thielen get after games from former college teammates on other NFL clubs. 

Rick needs to be let go. The head man needs to fall for the debacle that we have seen on the field for multiple years. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Did Zimmer call a timeout near the end of the first half for no reason? Like, before the field goal? Anyway, no surprise they lost. At least it was entertaining.

No,  I was questioning it also and it kept showing on the scoreboard that the Vikes called the time out.   But on the next down, they switched it to show that Baltimore called it.  

• Like 1