Post Game Thoughts- Ravens.

cconocool

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Question:

if everything is so blatantly obvious what the coaches are doing wrong, why don’t they fix it?

How would they fix it? Klint Kubiak is the primary problem, but who would you replace him with? 

Zimmer made his choices. Now those choices are going to walk him right out the door. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freakish Mind said:

Captain Kirk now rocks a 16-2   TD/Int ratio.   Looks great on PAPER.....but does not take chances.   I'm sick of playing it safe all game long.   

You think that isn't what he's been told to do? That those short passed on 3rd and long aren't called plays? 

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't agree at all that Rick should be fired. I think the FO has done a great job of bringing in talent. I'd give Rick a run with the next HC, and if that doesn't pan out then clean house. 

Why though? He’s had multiple shots at the QB spot. Cousins is the best he has to show for. 

The OL has been a disaster for most of the time. This unit finally looks like it’s coming together with good young talent. 

The defense is a disaster with very few building blocks, just Hunter and Kendricks. Some talent on the DL but that’s it.

I like Spielman but it just feels stale at this point. 

• Like 1

What good has Rick done?

He choose Cousins

He extended Cousins with a raise (after he was looking very suspect)

He hired and extended Zimmer (after all his short comings especially lack of in-game adjustments)

He has ‘approved’ the hiring of Klint, and the nepotism of Zimmer son.

He decided to dedicate huge resources to the Defense (over offense)

He must be internally “condoning” the game strategy of conservative offense

He decided Diggs was the problem that needed to be moved (over Cousins)

He hasn’t solved the QBOTF problem. 

His recent draft record is suspect at best

His recent free agent record is suspect at best

Maybe Paton and/or Bryz is the best Management he has cultivated, and the best he brings

He can talk good 

• Like 1

I was at our hockey game from halftime to when we picked off Jackson in OT.

We had all the momentum in the world. We can't even get on the field. Need to call a timeout. we run a pass play to Cook that goes for 2 yards. 2nd & 8....we run up the middle for a loss of 1. Then try a failed deep pass to Thielen that never had a chance the way P.A. put it. Punt. Lose the game.

Playing not to lose in overtime? Are you kidding me?

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Playing not to lose in overtime? Are you kidding me?

Honestly, I don’t think it was playing not to lose. I don’t think Kubiak knew what to do. It’s becoming very clear that Kubiak is simply incapable of calling plays based on the game situation. He’s lost after his script runs out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

What good has Rick done?

He choose Cousins

He extended Cousins with a raise (after he was looking very suspect)

He hired and extended Zimmer (after all his short comings especially lack of in-game adjustments)

He has ‘approved’ the hiring of Klint, and the nepotism of Zimmer son.

He decided to dedicate huge resources to the Defense (over offense)

He must be internally “condoning” the game strategy of conservative offense

He decided Diggs was the problem that needed to be moved (over Cousins)

He hasn’t solved the QBOTF problem. 

His recent draft record is suspect at best

His recent free agent record is suspect at best

Maybe Paton and/or Bryz is the best Management he has cultivated, and the best he brings

He can talk good 

I’d be more supportive of keeping Spielman if his drafts from 2016 to 2019 weren’t so bad. Had we actually gotten quality first round picks from those drafts, instead of burning them, the team would be so much better still playing on rookie contracts.

Treadwell, Bradford, Hughes and Bradbury were a huge drain of resources that were all mostly failures. Bradbury looks okay but I don’t honk anyone is confident in what he offers, especially if the Vikes move to a power blocking scheme. 

• Like 2