Week 10 GDT (SNF): Chiefs (5-4) at Raiders (5-3)

NYRaider

Who ya got  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think this game will set the tone for the rest of the season. Coming off of a loss after the Ruggs incident and cutting Arnette, if we can rally for a win over the Chiefs I think we can get hot and make a run. If we lose with games against the Bengals off their bye week and the Cowboys in Dallas after a short week on Thanksgiving day, yikes...

They beat KC last year to "start a run" then turned around and got smoked to a bad Atlanta team then flamed out the rest of the season with the easiest strength of schedule in the league. 

That said, I like this defense to keep them in games. But they need to find some solutions in run defense quick with Mixon, Zeke, Chubb and Taylor upcoming. I look for KC to try to establish the run on them as well this week after visiting the Giants film.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They beat KC last year to "start a run" then turned around and got smoked to a bad Atlanta team then flamed out the rest of the season with the easiest strength of schedule in the league. 

Ehh, much different scenarios. We beat Kansas City on the road in week 5 to move to 3-2 and then lost to them in week 11 which put us at 6-4 and them at 9-1 as opposed to us at 7-3 and them at 8-2. This week we're going into the game 5-3 and they're coming in at 5-4, the loser of this game is almost guaranteed to fall to last place in the division and we have games against the Bengals and Cowboys on deck.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ehh, much different scenarios. We beat Kansas City on the road in week 5 to move to 3-2 and then lost to them in week 11 which put us at 6-4 and them at 9-1 as opposed to us at 7-3 and them at 8-2. This week we're going into the game 5-3 and they're coming in at 5-4, the loser of this game is almost guaranteed to fall to last place in the division and we have games against the Bengals and Cowboys on deck.

Crazy how two weeks (Giants and KC) can completely change the outlook of our season.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Crazy how two weeks (Giants and KC) can completely change the outlook of our season.

I think most seasons are really determined over a 2-3 week stretch. In 2019 we were 6-4 coming off of a 3 game winning streak and lost 34-3 to the Jets and 40-9 to the Chiefs then finished 7-9. And last season we were 6-3 coming off of a 3 game winning streak and lost on the last play to the Chiefs and then got wrecked by the Falcons then finished 8-8.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I love the optimism from everyone but our offense has laid eggs on multiple occasions this season and teams have limited Mahomes playing two high safeties, something that we basically never do. 

Tired of everyone being afraid of the Chiefs. Their defense sucks, the Raiders offense will be able to take what they want but will need to maximize red zone opportunities. Bradley wrote the blueprint with the Chargers on how to play Mahomes. I can't wait to watch them beat Mahomes like a Cherokee drum for 60 mins on Sunday night. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Tired of everyone being afraid of the Chiefs. Their defense sucks, the Raiders offense will be able to take what they want but will need to maximize red zone opportunities. Bradley wrote the blueprint with the Chargers on how to play Mahomes. I can't wait to watch them beat Mahomes like a Cherokee drum for 60 mins on Sunday night. 

I'm not afraid of the Chiefs in the slightest, I've just seen this team collapse down the stretch against teams like the Falcons and Jets over the past couple of seasons so it's hard for me to be optimistic. Especially considering that they have a lot on the line going into this week, if they beat us on SNF they're right at the top of the AFC West again and will be riding a 4 game winning streak. I think our defense will be fine and give us a chance to win the game, I'm just concerned about Carr's ability to step up and make plays after his performance last week.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not afraid of the Chiefs in the slightest

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I have so much anxiety about this game.

Sounds like fear to me. 

I trust Bradley and this defense to fix the late season flame outs. Crosby and Yannik are playing great ball and the defense is firing. If Carr/Olsen can correct some red zone issues, this team can dominate down the stretch if their heads are on right. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Sounds like fear to me. 

I trust Bradley and this defense to fix the late season flame outs. Crosby and Yannik are playing great ball and the defense is firing. If Carr/Olsen can correct some red zone issues, this team can dominate down the stretch if their heads are on right. 

I do have anxiety about the game because the implications if we lose are huge for the franchise going forward. We've seen Carr and the offense come out flat on multiple occasions this season. If Carr plays well we should definitely win but again after his performance last week I am a little skeptical. I placed a pretty significant amount of us ML to win though so I promise you I'm not afraid of the Chiefs and know it's a winnable game, we just have to show up offensively.