Week 10 GDT (SNF): Chiefs (5-4) at Raiders (5-3)

NYRaider

Who ya got  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I do have anxiety about the game because the implications if we lose are huge for the franchise going forward. We've seen Carr and the offense come out flat on multiple occasions this season. If Carr plays well we should definitely win but again after his performance last week I am a little skeptical. I placed a pretty significant amount of us ML to win though so I promise you I'm not afraid of the Chiefs and know it's a winnable game, we just have to show up offensively. 

I'm just shocked that most of you don't think this team will collapse.  The optimism on this forum is perplexing to me.  

I said from day one of training camp that this is not a playoff team and my reasoning for this was poor coaching, lack of overall talent and certainly a lack of quality depth.  

We lost our stooge/ fraud HC, which I felt was a good thing but that has to weigh on the locker room and deflate the morale of any team.  The we lose our number 1 WR which was a massive blow.  I'm not sure many of you truly realize how massive the loss of Russ is.  The loss of his speed presence and him as an overall threat on every play really hampers this offense. It hurts every aspect of what we can and will do on O.  There is no way a washed up Jackson can come close to replacing Ruggs....  No chance. 

Combine all of this with everyone already knowing Ferrell is a bust, Arnette being a bum that was just released and it reinforces to the players they are on a rudderless ship and our front office is clueless.  

Morale is at an all time low and I can't imagine how this team would look had we moved on from Carr and drafted a Tua or a Fields type of bust QB.  I would venture to say that this team would be a 2 or 3 win team at best with either of those two at the helm yet many of you think this is still a playoff team?  You must be kidding me....

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You said the same thing about KJ Wright.  Jackson is a washed up bum and a fraction of the player Ruggs was....

Henry Ruggs (334 snaps): 24 receptions (36 targets), 469 yards, 2 TD

Desean Jackson (100 snaps): 8 receptions (15 targets), 221 yards, 1 TD 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm just shocked that most of you don't think this team will collapse.  The optimism on this forum is perplexing to me.  

I said from day one of training camp that this is not a playoff team and my reasoning for this was poor coaching, lack of overall talent and certainly a lack of quality depth.  

We lost our stooge/ fraud HC, which I felt was a good thing but that has to weigh on the locker room and deflate the morale of any team.  The we lose our number 1 WR which was a massive blow.  I'm not sure many of you truly realize how massive the loss of Russ is.  The loss of his speed presence and him as an overall threat on every play really hampers this offense. It hurts every aspect of what we can and will do on O.  There is no way a washed up Jackson can come close to replacing Ruggs....  No chance. 

Combine all of this with everyone already knowing Ferrell is a bust, Arnette being a bum that was just released and it reinforces to the players they are on a rudderless ship and our front office is clueless.  

Morale is at an all time low and I can't imagine how this team would look had we moved on from Carr and drafted a Tua or a Fields type of bust QB.  I would venture to say that this team would be a 2 or 3 win team at best with either of those two at the helm yet many of you think this is still a playoff team?  You must be kidding me....

The AFC as a whole is open. The AFC West can be won as KC has taken a step back. I'm surprised you being a Carr supporter, thinking they will collapse. If they do, it's on Carr and his failings inside the red zone. 

Losing Ruggs hurts, but he averaged 2.5 catches a game. He was no the #1 WR. Jackson still has speed defenses have to respect to open things up for Carr.

The roster has some talent despite what you say Carr, Waller, Renfrow on offense. Crosby, Yannik, Hayward, Perryman on defense. There is also no signs of morale being at an all time low. Crosby and Yannik are playing on absolute fire.

Honestly, if they collapse it's because Carr faded down the stretch. The talent is there and he has a defense to win games in Nov. and Dec. There are not excuses for him.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Henry Ruggs (334 snaps): 24 receptions (36 targets), 469 yards, 2 TD

Desean Jackson (100 snaps): 8 receptions (15 targets), 221 yards, 1 TD 

Dude, it not just about stats.  You should know this.  Jackson is no where near the threat and does not command the close to the attention Ruggs does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

The AFC as a whole is open. The AFC West can be won as KC has taken a step back. I'm surprised you being a Carr supporter, thinking they will collapse. If they do, it's on Carr and his failings inside the red zone. 

Losing Ruggs hurts, but he averaged 2.5 catches a game. He was no the #1 WR. Jackson still has speed defenses have to respect to open things up for Carr.

The roster has some talent despite what you say Carr, Waller, Renfrow on offense. Crosby, Yannik, Hayward, Perryman on defense. There is also no signs of morale being at an all time low. Crosby and Yannik are playing on absolute fire.

Honestly, if they collapse it's because Carr faded down the stretch. The talent is there and he has a defense to win games in Nov. and Dec. There are not excuses for him.

I completely disagree.  The talent is not there and attributing Wins and Losses directly to a QB is about as low brow of a take as one can have but I expect nothing less from you.  Keep pounding the table to draft a Tua or a Fields and see how many wins this team has LOL 

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I completely disagree.  The talent is not there and attributing Wins and Losses directly to a QB is about as low brow of a take as one can have but I expect nothing less from you.  Keep pounding the table to draft a Tua or a Fields and see how many wins this team has LOL 

Your argument is what, that losing Ruggs will cause the offense to collapse?

You argument was that Carr didn't have any defense the last 2 years. How are you going to argue against them having 2 of the games top pass rushers currently and playing sound defense this year?

The offense has been dynamic and Carr had been playing at an all-pro level this season. The defense is vastly improved and can make QBs uncomfortable. So what exactly is going to cause them to collapse? Morale? You think a vet like Carr is that thin skinned? Because the leaders on defense didn't miss a beat last Sunday. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Your argument is what, that losing Ruggs will cause the offense to collapse?

You argument was that Carr didn't have any defense the last 2 years. How are you going to argue against them having 2 of the games top pass rushers currently and playing sound defense this year?

The offense has been dynamic and Carr had been playing at an all-pro level this season. The defense is vastly improved and can make QBs uncomfortable. So what exactly is going to cause them to collapse? Morale? You think a vet like Carr is that thin skinned? Because the leaders on defense didn't miss a beat last Sunday. 

Ruggs averaged 46 yards per game with us, lol.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

F KC. Raiders are winning this 2 scores.

I like this.  BP is optimistic.  I'm nervous as hell.  

Not a lot of posts so far for such an important game.  Are Raider fans wavering? Losing interest?  I doubt it. 

It's been a tough season and not all of it on the gridiron.  Gruden, Ruggs, Arnett and, not to mention, you can't get in unless you're vaxxed.

• Like 2