Week 10 GDT (SNF): Chiefs (5-4) at Raiders (5-3)

NYRaider

Who ya got  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

I was not happy with yesterday. We finally ran well, and our pass game was awful. Ruggs or not, it was sloppy. The Ruggs fiasco probably played a part, so I won't be too harsh. 

On offense:

Blocking was solid. 

Run game was solid. 

Pass game...oof. Not using Moreau is dumb. Missing wide open easy TDs is bad. Waller was overthrown. Zay was underthrown or thrown so far out of bounds he has no shot. It was bad. Nothing more to say. 

On defense:

Learn how to tackle. We gave up easy first downs to Daniel f'n Jones as a rusher for crying out loud. 

Abram doesn't need to be in coverage by himself. Perryman on Toney? Come on! Stop leaving the flats and checkdown wide open with open field ahead of them for 15+ yards. That was insane yesterday. 

If we clean up the grossness from yesterday, we win. The Chiefs aren't very good. But we have to clear the cob webs and come out prepared. I had hopes for yesterday, but given the circumstances, I get the poor performance.

Losses happen, and you can't always come out hot following something like last Monday. Credit to our guys for showing up and going for it. The refs stunk up the joint too. And the Giants are better than their record. But we were in position to win, fairly soundly. 

We can't win them all. Just got to put that one in the background and move forward. We can easily win this game. 

Edited by ronjon1990

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was not happy with yesterday. We finally ran well, and our pass game was awful. Ruggs or not, it was sloppy. The Ruggs fiasco probably played a part, so I won't be too harsh. 

On offense:

Blocking was solid. 

Run game was solid. 

Pass game...oof. Not using Moreau is dumb. Missing wide open easy TDs is bad. Waller was overthrown. Zay was underthrown or thrown so far out of bounds he has no shot. It was bad. Nothing more to say. 

On defense:

Learn how to tackle. We gave up easy first downs to Daniel f'n Jones as a rusher for crying out loud. 

Abram doesn't need to be in coverage by himself. Perryman on Toney? Come on! Stop leaving the flats and checkdown wide open with open field ahead of them for 15+ yards. That was insane yesterday. 

If we clean up the grossness from yesterday, we win. The Chiefs aren't very good. But we have to clear the cob webs and come out prepared. I had hopes for yesterday, but given the circumstances, I get the poor performance.

Losses happen, and you can't always come out hot following something like last Monday. Credit to our guys for showing up and going for it. The refs stunk up the joint too. And the Giants are better than their record. But we were in position to win, fairly soundly. 

We can't win them all. Just got to put this one in the background and move forward. 

I heard Daniel Jones only threw like four passes to the wide receivers. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, it wasn't very many. The flats and checkdown game abused our Charmin Ultra coverage yesterday.

It makes me wonder after losing to the Bears the Giants and the Chargers, this may be a strategy to beat us:

-Run the ball

-Throw to the tight ends and running backs

-Stop the pass

Of course it helps the other team when Carr lays an egg.

Bisacchia MUST get this team’s headspace back on track this week. The team has been dealt a horrific hand of cards this season, but the interim HC needs to take charge and get the right mentality back for everyone in that locker room.

Carr has to shake off the Giants game. The dude gives his heart and soul for this team only to have to deal with successive fiascos — but last week was his one freebie. Whatever was working in the five wins we have, he needs to remember and get back to. Just because you’re down one guy (and granted, that one guy was a huge part of the offense) doesn’t mean you forget about the other weapons on offense. Forget the past and look to the future. This team still has a winning record. Keep it that way.

Jordan Love had one of the worst first-games for a new QB in recent memory, and the Chiefs still barely won. This is an easily-beatable team, and there’s pretty much no excuse to lose. The defense needs to bring the same pressure and intensity (plus better tackling) they did against NYG and continue to put the offense in positions to win. The offense needs to take advantage of the hot garbage that currently describes the KC defense. If I’m Bisaccia, I’m telling Carr and the rest of the team to take out their frustrations on KC. Run up that score and leave no doubt as to who the better team is. Make it happen. #LV

Edited by IdigtheRaiders!
  • Like 1

Greg Olsen needs to be better. This is a pass first team but when your RB is having yards like Jacobs was. 13 for 76 even Drake 4 for 30 you have to be able to feed the hot hand. You have to be able to recognize and adjust. Jacobs should have saw 25 car against the Giants. You saw that Carr was erratic and off and he just refused to adjust his game plan. Can’t have that happen against KC. This is the fear of Greg Olsen as the year goes on. He needs to be better plain and simple going forward 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Greg Olsen needs to be better. This is a pass first team but when your RB is having yards like Jacobs was. 13 for 76 even Drake 4 for 30 you have to be able to feed the hot hand. You have to be able to recognize and adjust. Jacobs should have saw 25 car against the Giants. You saw that Carr was erratic and off and he just refused to adjust his game plan. Can’t have that happen against KC. This is the fear of Greg Olsen as the year goes on. He needs to be better plain and simple going forward 

I'd assume that losing Ruggs days before the game changed the game plan drastically. Hopefully we make adjustments. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, Jerry said:

We're going 6-3.  We do every year.  It's become a recent tradition.  We will get to 6-3 before ending the season at 9-8 and missing the playoffs.  Calling it now.  Next season is our season!!!  Lol.

I think this game will set the tone for the rest of the season. Coming off of a loss after the Ruggs incident and cutting Arnette, if we can rally for a win over the Chiefs I think we can get hot and make a run. If we lose with games against the Bengals off their bye week and the Cowboys in Dallas after a short week on Thanksgiving day, yikes...

• Like 1