OBJ to the Pats?

ChazStandard

I dont understand why he would want to come here though.. 

Packers / Chiefs make the most sense imo. Go be the #2 there, put up huge numbers the second half of the season and go into free agency trying to get a big contract. 

The Patriots system is known to take time to learn.. and he would immediately be the opposing defenses #1 target to shut down on a weekly basis. We know that BB isn't going to want Mac forcing the ball to OBJ so being a decoy half the time isn't going to get him paid. 

Rams better hope they win it all this year.. I can't imagine that team has more than a 2-3 year window tops before the cap becomes a major issue for them. 

Patriots aren't going to be ready to truly contend for at least another year or two anyway so I'm fine with that.

1 minute ago, Crimmage said:

Rams better hope they win it all this year.. I can't imagine that team has more than a 2-3 year window tops before the cap becomes a major issue for them. 

Patriots aren't going to be ready to truly contend for at least another year or two anyway so I'm fine with that.

how many teams typically have more than 2-3 windows? Even teams with all time QBs still go through windows. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

how many teams typically have more than 2-3 windows? Even teams with all time QBs still go through windows. 

Idk, if you have a top 5 QB I think you always have a window. Packers / Chiefs / Seahawks / Patriots / Steelers / Ravens / etc. had "windows" for 5+ years because they had a great QB and good organizations. They have a great QB, a few high priced pieces to keep them competitive and use draft picks to fill the rest of the spots. Now they aren't necessarily title favorites but they are always in the thick of things. Once you're in the playoffs we all know one or two plays can be the difference between a super bowl appearance or not. 

LA is in a window because they have sacrificed draft picks for high priced veterans. Stafford isn't in his 20's anymore either so you don't know how much prime he has left.  They obviously know way more about the cap than I do but it just feels like they are going to be forced to blow it up soon. 

10 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Idk, if you have a top 5 QB I think you always have a window. Packers / Chiefs / Seahawks / Patriots / Steelers / Ravens / etc. had "windows" for 5+ years because they had a great QB and good organizations. They have a great QB, a few high priced pieces to keep them competitive and use draft picks to fill the rest of the spots. Now they aren't necessarily title favorites but they are always in the thick of things. Once you're in the playoffs we all know one or two plays can be the difference between a super bowl appearance or not. 

LA is in a window because they have sacrificed draft picks for high priced veterans. Stafford isn't in his 20's anymore either so you don't know how much prime he has left.  They obviously know way more about the cap than I do but it just feels like they are going to be forced to blow it up soon. 

Well the Cheifs are proving you wrong this year. The Packers had losing seasons in 17 and 18. The Steelers dont have a young chicken at QB either. I think you are looking at windows differently than I am, but a good QB and quality org means your gaps between windows is much shorter. 

40 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Well the Cheifs are proving you wrong this year. The Packers had losing seasons in 17 and 18. The Steelers dont have a young chicken at QB either. I think you are looking at windows differently than I am, but a good QB and quality org means your gaps between windows is much shorter. 

To be fair, Rodgers missed half of 2017

IMO  OBJ is a waste of time with the Pats. He has absolutely no future with the team or MJ.

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Exactly,  why waste any assets when this team is not ready.  They have major holes going into next year and I rather see them plan for the future. The Pats still have major holes to fill and need YOUNG players for the future. CB,LT,LB, S and WR. Forgot replacement for RB White as well. OBJ will be long gone before the Pats are ready.