Bye Week Hypothetical

beardown3231

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I steal good ideas all the time.

I used to sing Beatles songs to my kids and tell them, "you like that? I wrote it."

I did the same to my wife when we started dating. Granted it was Insane Clown Posse but same trick. 

Stupid, twisted chick fell for it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Just saw this and holy crap. I'm dying.

Bears FO - "Franchise tag Rodgers.... for a 5th year? in a row?"

JAF - Nods with a hungry look on his face. "Yeah... he's going to be the practice squad QB... and he'll only have a center to snap him the ball... and the center isn't allowed to block..."

Bears FO - "That's a ridiculously expensive deal..."

JAF - "I'll break him..."

News - "Aaron Rodgers gets franchise tagged for a record setting 5th time in a row. There is no word from Halas Hall on why but maniacal laughter can be heard from the parking lot for the past 45 minutes. "

Rodgers - *weeps uncontrollably*

Rodgers doesn't get a locker space either. He'll be forced to suit up in a rickety van parked 3 miles away next to 4 porta potty's stationed on a construction site.  Don't worry....I already talked to the property owner and paid him 5 years in advance for the occupied space and inconvenience and he's good with it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Rodgers doesn't get a locker space either. He'll be forced to suit up in a rickety van parked 3 miles away next to 4 porta potty's stationed on a construction site.  Don't worry....I already talked to the property owner and paid him 5 years in advance for the occupied space and inconvenience and he's good with it.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I steal good ideas all the time.

I used to sing Beatles songs to my kids and tell them, "you like that? I wrote it."

LOLOL.....I actually did write Hey Jude but called it Hey Judy.  That SOB McCartney heard a tape of it, changed the title and a few words and never gave me even one ounce of credit or a bucks worth of royalties.  Just for that I put a curse on his new band Wings.  They were such a bust. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I did the same to my wife when we started dating. Granted it was Insane Clown Posse but same trick. 

Hmmmm......never figured you of all people as a Juggalo.  🤡

Just don't move in next door ok?  🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That was $32.49 well spent my friend. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soulman said:

Hmmmm......never figured you of all people as a Juggalo.  🤡

Just don't move in next door ok?  🤣

Being from Toledo during the height of their careers, you guys are making me feel very old with all of these ICP references. (Twisted was better lol). 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I hope he learns he's fired through Twitter and his crap already being packed in boxes outside Halas Hall.

Nah, it's the Bears so you just know they'll make it more ceremonial than that.

When Ed McCaskey was made Chairman of the Board all I could envision was ol' GSH spinning 'round in his coffin cursing up a blue streak.

For me the saddest day in Bears history is Oct. 31, 1983.  That's the day GSH passed away and the McCaskey Family moved in as the new owners.

18 hours ago, Sugashane said:

They used to play the Aragon venue down street from me all time when I lived in Chicago.   I never went though.   Funny crowd them.   I like music, but never liked going to concerts.

I have been to Bon Jovi and Cheap Trick in 80s in Rockford.   Bon Jovi was pretty fun, that was height of their popularity and they had a lot of pyrotechnics and what not. 

I took my sister to New Kids on Block in 90 or 91 I think - my dad made me.   It was pretty comical.  Ran into some girlfriends there from my high school all dressed up.   I saw a few bands at Summer Fest in Milwaukee back in day.   Sound Garden and someone else.   Can't remember.   About it for me as far as concerts.

I wanted to see Guns N Roses/Metallica concert, but never got tickets.   I think the show I was going to go to ended up having problems anyway.  Glad I didn't go.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

They used to play the Aragon venue down street from me all time when I lived in Chicago.   I never went though.   Funny crowd them.   I like music, but never liked going to concerts.

I have been to Bon Jovi and Cheap Trick in 80s in Rockford.   Bon Jovi was pretty fun, that was height of their popularity and they had a lot of pyrotechnics and what not. 

I took my sister to New Kids on Block in 90 or 91 I think - my dad made me.   It was pretty comical.  Ran into some girlfriends there from my high school all dressed up.   I saw a few bands at Summer Fest in Milwaukee back in day.   Sound Garden and someone else.   Can't remember.   About it for me as far as concerts.

I wanted to see Guns N Roses/Metallica concert, but never got tickets.   I think the show I was going to go to ended up having problems anyway.  Glad I didn't go.

I'm excessively cheap so I rarely go. Got to see Richard Marx when I was little because he was doing a concert at Six Flags or something. Because of how big the piano was I grew up thinking he was a midget. lol  Blew my mind when I found out after he was a pretty normal sized dude. I was thinking straight Willow sized.

Got to see Black Stone Cherry and Buckcherry when they started getting bigger

Best concert was in St Louis. Modern Day Zero was the surprise opener, followed by Puddle of Mudd, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace. All of them did two covers too. PoM did "Summer Lovin" from Grease because his bro had a bad break up or something, and "Lithium" by Nirvana, TDG did an acoustic of "Rooster" by Alice in Chains and "Free Falling" and BB did "Dream On" from Aerosmith and "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen. Absolutely will be the top concert I ever saw.

• Like 1