Bye Week Hypothetical

beardown3231

I say Mahomes and Lamar Jackson.

I'm getting a TON of picks or players for one of them  😏

If keeping then I really like Bakhtaiari but might go with Ramczyk just due to being younger. I still say Quenton Nelson can be an All Pro at any spot on the OL too. At 25 he could be the one I build around on the OL for 6-10 years too.

This season no one should be taking Mahomes...

I probably take Stefon Diggs to give Fields and elite target...the desire to take Chase is strong though.

Then it's down to Donald or Ramsey on defence...with Mack & Quinn here I probably go Ramsey to lock down one side of the field.

Mahomes/Rodgers.

I'd bench Mahomes and use the rest of this season to showcase Fields and then trade Fields and Mack for multiple 1st round picks + players and use those picks to build around Mahomes. If Kiem can get a 2nd round out of Rosen after a terrible 1st year then a 1st round for Fields should be no problem with a good showing.  Maybe even trade Fields to KC (who would possibly have a top-10 pick w/o Mahomes) so that we could possible see a KC/Bears (Fields/Mahomes) SB in the future. Plus,  if we are indeed starting with a new staff next year than that would be one hell of a start. Coaches would be lining up at the door to fill the positions.

I know...I know..."JAF...what about Rodgers? Why not trade him for more picks/players?"

I'd keep Rodgers on the bench for rest of his miserable career and force him to retire just to get him out of my life. Screw him, the Packers, the possible draft picks we could've received in return......it would be well worth it in the end. Enjoy watching Mahomes vs Love you fudge packing fruits.

Donald would be intriguing, and finding a dominant interior defender is extremely hard to find, but he's also about to 30 which is generally the age where they start to regress. I'd take Watt before him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Mahomes/Rodgers.

I'd bench Mahomes and use the rest of this season to showcase Fields and then trade Fields and Mack for multiple 1st round picks + players and use those picks to build around Mahomes. If Kiem can get a 2nd round out of Rosen after a terrible 1st year then a 1st round for Fields should be no problem with a good showing.  Maybe even trade Fields to KC (who would possibly have a top-10 pick w/o Mahomes) so that we could possible see a KC/Bears (Fields/Mahomes) SB in the future. Plus,  if we are indeed starting with a new staff next year than that would be one hell of a start. Coaches would be lining up at the door to fill the positions.

I know...I know..."JAF...what about Rodgers? Why not trade him for more picks/players?"

I'd keep Rodgers on the bench for rest of his miserable career and force him to retire just to get him out of my life. Screw him, the Packers, the possible draft picks we could've received in return......it would be well worth it in the end. Enjoy watching Mahomes vs Love you fudge packing fruits.

Donald would be intriguing, and finding a dominant interior defender is extremely hard to find, but he's also about to 30 which is generally the age where they start to regress. I'd take Watt before him.

Just saw this and holy crap. I'm dying.

Bears FO - "Franchise tag Rodgers.... for a 5th year? in a row?"

JAF - Nods with a hungry look on his face. "Yeah... he's going to be the practice squad QB... and he'll only have a center to snap him the ball... and the center isn't allowed to block..."

Bears FO - "That's a ridiculously expensive deal..."

JAF - "I'll break him..."

News - "Aaron Rodgers gets franchise tagged for a record setting 5th time in a row. There is no word from Halas Hall on why but maniacal laughter can be heard from the parking lot for the past 45 minutes. "

Rodgers - *weeps uncontrollably*

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Just saw this and holy crap. I'm dying.

Bears FO - "Franchise tag Rodgers.... for a 5th year? in a row?"

JAF - Nods with a hungry look on his face. "Yeah... he's going to be the practice squad QB... and he'll only have a center to snap him the ball... and the center isn't allowed to block..."

Bears FO - "That's a ridiculously expensive deal..."

JAF - "I'll break him..."

News - "Aaron Rodgers gets franchise tagged for a record setting 5th time in a row. There is no word from Halas Hall on why but maniacal laughter can be heard from the parking lot for the past 45 minutes. "

Rodgers - *weeps uncontrollably*

If only you can get tagged every year 🥴

A. Donald...... Hicks, Donald, Mack, and this year's version of Quinn all rushing the passer at once..... Good god... I could probably play corner behind that much pass rush.

DK Metcalf... I'd be tempted to say Tyreek for a better stylistic matchup for Fields, but dude's a wife beater....... Metcalf on the other hand is young, freakishly athletic, and huge, the combination of which aids us with a number of problems.

I'd consider Ramsey too.... but Donald is a better defensive player and the team desperately needs weapons on offense so Metcalf > Ramsey.

EDIT: As a former running back, if they weren't BOTH busted up, Saquon Barkley and Derrick Henry would probably both be in my top 10 list and I'd love to have one of them here. Monty is good, but those two are generational talents. Barkley in particular has been absolutely wasted on the giants.... Henry i don't think would work as well here via schematic differences.

Edited by Epyon

44 minutes ago, soulman said:

Numero uno would have to be Al Bundy......

Al-Bundy.jpg

Monster player who somehow ended up selling shoes for a living......sad.

Numero dos has gotta be.....wait for.....not yet.....former almost rookie of the year and camp favorite!  Tanner Gentry.

Could you imagine the conferences?

"How dare you say that to my face!"

"Well I'd say it behind your back but my car only has a half a tank of gas!"

"You know medium? The size between small and you!?"

Can we make him a coordinator or something?

• Like 1