Week 10: Bills vs Jets

Bobby816

9 hours ago, xrade said:

Wow!  That’s pretty harsh. The truth is we don’t know what we have in MFW. He played one game against a D that left receivers uncovered underneath all game long.  Give props to LaFleur for exploiting that and MFW (and the rest of the O) for executing.

MFW has 700 yards passing in about 7 quarters with a 72% completion pct. He and Kyler are at the top in that category. Are these numbers sustainable?  Probably not, but we just don’t know. Can he be a downfield passer? Who knows until he tries and todays game may force him to do just that. The point is that no one can definitively state he is a good starting QB or not based on the limited data.  Yes, there is a reason he was a day three pick and has not played until now. But I am sure there are plenty of players who either started late and showed they could play or never even got the chance. There was this other late round QB who came into a game a while back because the starter got hurt. I believe he carved out a pretty good career for himself. I wonder what the thoughts from fans and coaches were about him after 1 full game?  Anything is possible.

To be clear about my MFW position, I do not think he will average 100 yards a quarter and 72% completion rate. But I also am not 100% positive he can’t be reasonably close to that either. Let’s just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Even if it was only for 1 game.

It was a short ride wasn't it? But still a Jet fan.

Postives:

• The Bills didn't set a new record margin of victory against us

That's all I've got. A few weeks ago I thought they'd beat us 100-0, so I guess that's something.

If we're desperately looking for good things, I could add that we got an INT for once.

Honestly, the Bills are a very good team coming off a bad loss to a terrible team. They were always going to come out and crush us. And their defense is one of the best in the league. Struggling against them with a QB making his third start is not unexpected at all. But god damn, can we just fire the entire Jets defense into the sun? Including the coaching staff who saw Diggs narrowly missing a TD catch in 1:1 coverage, and decided to go straight back to leaving him in 1:1.

We're a badly coached team full of bad players and it's hard to watch. There are too many drive-killing penalties on offense and the defense looks like it's playing with 9 players out there.

8 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Postives:

• The Bills didn't set a new record margin of victory against us

That's all I've got. A few weeks ago I thought they'd beat us 100-0, so I guess that's something.

If we're desperately looking for good things, I could add that we got an INT for once.

Honestly, the Bills are a very good team coming off a bad loss to a terrible team. They were always going to come out and crush us. And their defense is one of the best in the league. Struggling against them with a QB making his third start is not unexpected at all. But god damn, can we just fire the entire Jets defense into the sun? Including the coaching staff who saw Diggs narrowly missing a TD catch in 1:1 coverage, and decided to go straight back to leaving him in 1:1.

We're a badly coached team full of bad players and it's hard to watch. There are too many drive-killing penalties on offense and the defense looks like it's playing with 9 players out there.

feel like that'd be ok on Bryce maybe ... but we dont move them side to side

I would like to amend my positives and say that despite losing 45-17, a 28 point differential, to one of the best teams in the league (I think?), we didn't even have the worst loss of the week.

1. Falcons lost by 40 to Dallas
  2. Browns lost by 38 to New England

And the Seahawks were shut out. That's always embarassing. And the Raiders lost by 27 (one less than us), but did it in a nationally televised game. So I'll call that worse too.

Good job everybody!

I know this is going to sound weird possible but I’ll say it anyway. Wilson is the future of this team. So an awful White game makes announcing Wilson a lot easier for the staff now. Bc if he even played just ok, there would still be a qb competition. Now it should be an easy transition to Wilson. And we have an easier schedule coming up. Not saying we win a ton or even Wilson looks good. But it’s a good time to switch back to Wilson. And a bad game by white makes that move easier for the staff.

Now it’s on the staff to make the game simpler for Wilson than they did.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I know this is going to sound weird possible but I’ll say it anyway. Wilson is the future of this team. So an awful White game makes announcing Wilson a lot easier for the staff now. Bc if he even played just ok, there would still be a qb competition. Now it should be an easy transition to Wilson. And we have an easier schedule coming up. Not saying we win a ton or even Wilson looks good. But it’s a good time to switch back to Wilson. And a bad game by white makes that move easier for the staff.

Now it’s on the staff to make the game simpler for Wilson than they did.

I agree here. The only thing this game did was make Wilson the starter again. I'm all done hoping for a QB anymore from here on out I want a QB that will win three or 4 games in a row before he is the franchise QB. I'm so tired of not having a QB. I will be eating crow after this game. Now I got to accept that Wilson will be the QB for the next 2 years. I guess that if Wilson was coming out of college this year he would be the #1 QB off the board so I guess that is good I think. This jets team is just plan bad. What really burns me is the Pats where in a worse spot than the Jets and are already out of the hole and looking like a good young team. Here we are still looking like fools 10 years later. I'm 43 years old and I think that I will be dead before this team even makes it to the super bowl. I have about 40 years left and the jets have not been to a super bowl in over 50 years. I know the schedule gets easier so maybe Zach will come back and start to play better against below average teams. I just want to be in the playoffs and build off that but I don't think we have the coaching staff or players to even get to 500.