Week 10: Bills vs Jets

Bobby816

White is not the answer for the Jets, he played the game of his career a few weeks back. His passes averaged about 4 yards. While I want him to succeed its no coincidence that he has rode the pine for 4 years. Is he a capable back up, yeah. Is he a starting QB who is going to throw for 300-400 yards a game? Not in this universe. I expect White and the Jets to come crashing down against the Bill's and the Jets to be the team they have been all year "terrible" mixed in with a few "HUH" wins.

32 minutes ago, Big T said:

White is not the answer for the Jets, he played the game of his career a few weeks back. His passes averaged about 4 yards. While I want him to succeed its no coincidence that he has rode the pine for 4 years. Is he a capable back up, yeah. Is he a starting QB who is going to throw for 300-400 yards a game? Not in this universe. I expect White and the Jets to come crashing down against the Bill's and the Jets to be the team they have been all year "terrible" mixed in with a few "HUH" wins.

Wow!  That’s pretty harsh. The truth is we don’t know what we have in MFW. He played one game against a D that left receivers uncovered underneath all game long.  Give props to LaFleur for exploiting that and MFW (and the rest of the O) for executing.

MFW has 700 yards passing in about 7 quarters with a 72% completion pct. He and Kyler are at the top in that category. Are these numbers sustainable?  Probably not, but we just don’t know. Can he be a downfield passer? Who knows until he tries and todays game may force him to do just that. The point is that no one can definitively state he is a good starting QB or not based on the limited data.  Yes, there is a reason he was a day three pick and has not played until now. But I am sure there are plenty of players who either started late and showed they could play or never even got the chance. There was this other late round QB who came into a game a while back because the starter got hurt. I believe he carved out a pretty good career for himself. I wonder what the thoughts from fans and coaches were about him after 1 full game?  Anything is possible.

To be clear about my MFW position, I do not think he will average 100 yards a quarter and 72% completion rate. But I also am not 100% positive he can’t be reasonably close to that either. Let’s just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Even if it was only for 1 game.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

You must be a Zach Wilson guy

I think the Jets are going to do a lot better than most think. White came out great against the Colts on a short week. This kid has the it factor I think. I'm so tired of the " He will not be good because he does not throw deep or have a strong arm. " This kid gets ride of the ball so fast and has great ball placement. You can put up any D and if you have this combo that D will be picked apart The league wants the O to win all the time to put points up. The game is designed now for the pin point throwing QB no matter the arm strength. I think the Jets keep it very close. 

Bills 28

Jets 24

White numbers 

33/45. 358 yards 3 TD's and 1 INT.

Jets lose game by last second TD run by Josh Allen. 

Mike White makes sure everyone knows that he should be the QB and not Wilson.