Kyrie Irving requesting trade out of Cleveland

titans0021

Given that most of the offseason talk has died down, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this warrants its own thread. If the bball mods disagree, feel free to just send this back to the offseason thread.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-cleveland-cavaliers

Kyrie Irving is ready to end his run with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as league sources told ESPN that the guard has asked the team to trade him.

The request came last week and was made to Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert. Irving has expressed that he wants to go play in a situation where he can be a more focal point and no longer wants to play alongside LeBron James, sources said.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Good luck. 

Damn. Kyrie would honestly be  the perfect successor to Tony Parker. Just a question of what could the Spurs realistically give up to get him?

Thoughts on this trade?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8s27vro

Cleveland Gets:
Aldridge, Green, Murray, Favors (expiring) and Joe Johnson (expiring) plus draft picks from both the Spurs and Jazz

San Antonio Gets:
Irving and Shumpert

Utah Gets:
Kevin Love

Cavs open up a ton of cap space next year and get pieces to rebuild, with or without James.

Spurs shore up their back court and get better through addition by subtraction (Aldridge and Green).

Utah gets a huge upgrade at the four and a perfect fit next to Gobert.

Ain't no way Pop gives up Green. They're too far into their D&D campaign to have him get traded now.

As far as kyrie wanting out I say lol. Dude was meh before LeBron. Got overrated as all hell putting up inefficient stats. Got overpaid. Then LeBron comes in and with the offense no longer running through him puts up more efficient stats. 

He's not a number 1 option. At best he's a great #2. If he wants to move to San Antonio then he'll need to have far better court vision. And willingness to only take efficient shots. Which I'm not sure he could adjust to in time. Also he's never had a coach like Pop before. I'm not saying their egos will clash but he'll need time to adjust to a coach calling him out on nearly every play(even if he did everything 100% correctly).

I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to ride LeBron untill the wheels fall off. But I'm not going to speculate on that.

I just find it funny that Kyrie thinks his list of four preferred destinations would possibly mean anything to the Cavs. The guy is tired of playing with the best player in the world and wants out. Something tells me Cleveland won't be taking his list into account when shopping him.

As a Celtics fan, I hope so much that this actually happens

The Cavs dont HAVE to trade him though. A lot of people are drawing the lines between this and the Kobe trade demand back during the Shaq drama. Obviously a different scenario, but the Lakers held fast and Kobe wound up winning them more titles. The fact that the Cavs have known about this request for 10 days and NOTHING has come of it speaks to the idea that they want to keep Kyrie around and might be trying to settle him back in. It would be in their best interest to try and keep him.

41 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As a Celtics fan, I hope so much that this actually happens

The Cavs dont HAVE to trade him though. A lot of people are drawing the lines between this and the Kobe trade demand back during the Shaq drama. Obviously a different scenario, but the Lakers held fast and Kobe wound up winning them more titles. The fact that the Cavs have known about this request for 10 days and NOTHING has come of it speaks to the idea that they want to keep Kyrie around and might be trying to settle him back in. It would be in their best interest to try and keep him.

Well I believe they were just trying to keep it quiet as possible. I believe the Cavs were looking at deal but tried to be silent. They said the Cavs got upset that he made it public because it might make it harder for them to get the best deal.

Do this before the draft and maybe the Cavs get a top draft pick in return. Saying before the draft there was a potential deal in place but they didnt want to move Irving. If he makes this notion felt, he prolly would of gotten traded. Heck maybe Cleveland gets involved with the Clippers and makes a trade for CP3. Beat you the clippers are upset lol

Archived