Eagles extend Dallas Goedert through 2025

AZ_Eaglesfan

Just now, Jeezla said:

that's not true. I don't know what Zach WIlson is making this year, but it's too much.

jim halpert GIF

Just now, Jeezla said:

At that price what we need is a good TE, and we got one.

I guess this is where my trepidation comes in. That price tag is more than a good TE, that's a league leading TE.

Is he that? I've seen what those sort of TEs do. Does he have a Gronk/Kelce season in 'em?

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

Cool, yep. We agree that you are a smarmy ignoramus. You just proved my point.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

If you don't mind, we're having a conversation about football - feel free to join in or not, tks.

Just now, ET80 said:

jim halpert GIF

I guess this is where my trepidation comes in. That price tag is more than a good TE, that's a league leading TE.

Is he that? I've seen what those sort of TEs do. Does he have a Gronk/Kelce season in 'em?

Is everyone who suddenly becomes one of the highest paid at their position a league leader? I 100% believe he would be that if we had a QB that could average 250 passing yards a game. Goedert just had another 62 yards. Know how many passing yards his QB had? 147. It's probably Goederts fault he didn't get 100 yards tho.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is everyone who suddenly becomes one of the highest paid at their position a league leader?

No - and when that happens, we question the decision. Remember when we all collectively scratched our heads on the 49ers paying Jimmy Garropolo? Or Seattle paying an undersized LB as the top S in football? Or the Texans and Bill O'Brien paying a *good* LT the biggest OL contract ever... by about $5mm/season?

Bad signings happen all the time.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Goedert just had another 62 yards. Know how many passing yards his QB had? 147. It's probably Goederts fault he didn't get 100 yards tho.

Sure - meanwhile, guys like Kelce and Kittle put up 100+ yard games and 1000+ seasons with Alex Smith and Jimmy G/Nick Mullins at QB.

I pay $15mm/season that sort of ability to produce with that lack of QB play... I don't pay $15mm for a guy who might be able to produce once he gets the right QB.

Just now, ET80 said:

No - and when that happens, we question the decision. Remember when we all collectively scratched our heads on the 49ers paying Jimmy Garropolo? 

Sure - meanwhile, guys like Kelce and Kittle put up 100+ yard games and 1000+ seasons with Alex Smith and Jimmy G/Nick Mullins at QB.

I pay $15mm/season that sort of ability to produce with that lack of QB play... I don't pay $15mm for a guy who might be able to produce once he gets the right QB.

Not if they are good, young, and going into their 2nd contract. I expect every player that fits that description to get paid. Unless it's a RB, then we question it.

Of course we scratched our heads with Jimmy. He was never universally considered good. 

I think people either don't understand the concept that the price of contracts goes up every year. So a player getting a player on a contract with say 32 million over 4 years in 2019 versus a player getting 4 years and 32 million in 2021 are not being valued the same by their teams despite the the contracts paying out the same amount. The player who received the contract in 2019 was actually valued more than the player receiving his contract on 2021. 

Goedert's contract is in line with Jonnu Smith's contract. I'd take Goedert all day and twice on Sunday over Jonnu Smith. Only concern with Goedert is his health/availability. Also, tight ends who are plus blockers and plus receivers are valued more than the big slot receiver type tight ends like Gesicki. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

BS, outside of this forum I've never heard an actual analyst say anything but good things about him.

Outside of this forum, I've never heard anyone say ANYTHING about him. He's basically invisible.

Edit: I also remember people speaking incredibly high on Jamal Adams - until he got paid, and then the flaws in coverage started to become the talking point.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Other than needs to stay healthy.

That's sort of a big thing, y'know. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I can't help but to notice that the same person who tried to extrapolate a four game sample size into a 16 game schedule telling me that I'm reaching...

It's the only sample size we got with Goedert as "the guy". It is what it is. And now it's a 5 game sample size, so BOOM

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

It's the only sample size we got with Goedert as "the guy".

So... he didn't start when Zach Ertz was injured in '19 and '20? Or perhaps those games don't support your narrative? Or perhaps it's another QB issue... I don't know, you're going to have to let me know which excuse you're going to use this time, I'm losing count!

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

And now it's a 5 game sample size, so BOOM

Call me when it gets to 8.5...