Eagles extend Dallas Goedert through 2025

AZ_Eaglesfan

14 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

I really like Goedert but making more than Kelce and Andrews? 
Might be a bit rich right now but with the cap going up in the next few years it's not that bad of a deal (still too much $$ and guarantees). 

He does half his job better than the other 2, and he's also a pretty good receiving TE. Who knows what he would do with a pass first QB. Sam Darnold averages more passing yards per game than Hurts. Lamar averages more than 50 passing yards per game more than Hurts. Goedert would have nicer stats with a better passer. He is unquestionably our best receiving option after DeVonta. I will say he needs to stay healthier. He seems to get dinged up a lot, like Kittle.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

The stats not being there aren't his fault. He was going to get this money and maybe more in FA. He is a stud who just isn't getting the ball enough due to some poor QB play this year and being stuck behind Ertz in years prior. If he had the QB play of other top TE's like Waller, Kelce, and Andrews his numbers would be significantly better. Also, he is an elite blocker as well as a great weapon.

It is a lot of money, but I will take locking him in for four more years over letting him walk and getting that money somewhere else.