Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

Apparently Ajayi grew up everywhere

Then when you consider Ajayi grew up in Texas and is well aware of the Eagles' rivalry, he’ll likely be looking to top his debut.

“This is a special one for me. I won’t lie. Growing up in Texas in my household the Cowboys were on the TV quite a bit,” Ajayi said. “It’s funny my mom’s actually an Eagles fan so she was super psyched when I got here. I’ve got a lot of people that are going to be at this game.”

Blount gets his first taste of the rivalry but has played twice at the AT&T Stadium. In his last outing against Dallas, Blount had a game-high 74 rushing yards on 13 carries in a win with the Patriots.

Ajayi, a Pro Bowl running back who arrived from the Dolphins in an Oct. 31 trade, is the first offensive player to wear Westbrook's number since he left the team after the 2009 season. But Ajayi said he meant no disrespect when slipping on his No. 36 jersey (he wore No. 23 in Miami).

"It was the number that was open," Ajayi said. "I definitely don't want to step on toes, because I do respect Westbrook's legacy here. And I think, most likely, this is probably going to be my only year in 36, barring a number opening up next year."

Lightly-touted defensive backs Dwayne Gratz and Jacorey Shepherd are the only other players to wear No. 36 on the team since Westbrook left.

The Eagles inducted Westbrook into their Hall of Fame in 2015 but did not retire his number. Philly's only handed that honor to nine players, including Westbrook's former teammates Donovan McNabb and Brian Dawkins, though it is common for teams to honor past stars by limiting the use of their old numbers.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:33 AM, 808 said:

Is there any rule about switching numbers during the season? McDougle's cut freed up #33 for Ajayi or Darby to take. 

I believe so, might need special permission to do so from the league

Like if someone did a posthumous switch or something

3 hours ago, Phire said:

On that big run his legs looked weird as hell. But as long as he's moving, I don't care. I honestly am not sure if that's a result of his knees or he just naturally runs like a weirdo lol.

if it takes 71 yards to catch him who cares how it looks

Archived