Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

No one is going to want to tackle Blount or Ajayi in the 4th quarter

Especially Blount. That guys going to be so fresh at the end of games now

I like this move. Love that we have a staple of power runners who can destroy opponents when the weather gets colder

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

No one is going to want to tackle Blount or Ajayi in the 4th quarter

Especially Blount. That guys going to be so fresh at the end of games now

I like this move. Love that we have a staple of power runners who can destroy opponents when the weather gets colder

Imagine an angry Blount and Ajayi both with like 10-12 touches late in the 4th quarter against tired defenses... good lord. 

Reports out of Miami portray Ajayi as a self-centered player who cared more about his touches than victories.

Roseman insisted the Eagles, who he says research every player they acquire, are comfortable bringing Ajayi into an apparently united locker room. Roseman said the Eagles met with Ajayi before the 2015 NFL Draft, so they had a file on him.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Definitely think Blount makes sense to be the closer, with Ajayi getting more touches early on.

Have we changed anything else at RB? I can't imagine us keeping 5....

Blount aint being moved.

Neither is Barner for his special teams value, which isnt grand, but we had to sign him after Sproles went down because nobody else can do it well.

That leaves Clement and Smallwood.

Clement plays on special teams and he has been getting more touches in relief than...

Smallwood. If we dont keep five, Smallwood is out. But if you think about it, if Barner is just a return man, hes technically his own position, just listed as RB.

The Eagles worked out some OL, LB, and even a WR this week. We'll see a move before or during the BYE. Someone's gonna get cut or we'll see a phantom IR after someone gets "hurt" in practice.

I wouldnt be surprised if Smallwood hurts something soon.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Blount aint being moved.

Neither is Barner for his special teams value, which isnt grand, but we had to sign him after Sproles went down because nobody else can do it well.

That leaves Clement and Smallwood.

Clement plays on special teams and he has been getting more touches in relief than...

Smallwood. If we dont keep five, Smallwood is out. But if you think about it, if Barner is just a return man, hes technically his own position, just listed as RB.

The Eagles worked out some OL, LB, and even a WR this week. We'll see a move before or during the BYE. Someone's gonna get cut or we'll see a phantom IR after someone gets "hurt" in practice.

I wouldnt be surprised if Smallwood hurts something soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if smallwood was hurt. His lack of snaps last week was really weird. I think his knee is an issue right now. 

16 minutes ago, JayWood2010 said:

I know people are asking for another LT, but Vaitai has played well as LT.  I feel like the Eagles believe in him.  I would like them to have  a backup, but Im comfortable with Vaitai.

I think they'll evaluate Hart then decide. this next FA move will be a referendum of taylor hart.

I grew toward Ajayi quite a bit. He had some struggles this year but I think any RB who uses carries to get yards like Ajayi is going to struggle with what Miami asked him to do. The only reasonable flaw I can see Philly enduring is Ajayi is not the receiving back you want him to be and plays more like Blount. Even still he's a better receiver than Blount and definitely forces defenses to respect his ability. Good move for Philly I think. 

Archived