Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

So here is the positives of the trade:

Ajayi is very cheap. He clearly has talent. Can break open games with a single run. We got very good value

Negatives:

I am not convinced he is a good RB. Might just be an athlete, but not a great football player.

Still, I think for the value this is a fantastic trade and should bring stability to our backfield.

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So here is the positives of the trade:

Ajayi is very cheap. He clearly has talent. Can break open games with a single run. We got very good value

Negatives:

I am not convinced he is a good RB. Might just be an athlete, but not a great football player.

Still, I think for the value this is a fantastic trade and should bring stability to our backfield.

To me it's the opposite. I think he's a good football player despite not being a great athlete. Good vision and foot quickness, not a game breaker, but very decisive. 

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

To me it's the opposite. I think he's a good football player despite not being a great athlete. Good vision and foot quickness, not a game breaker, but very decisive. 

From everything I have heard he struggles with vision and is only truly scary when he hits the open field. Didn't he basically just have a bunch of massive runs in games last year? Idk, I am honestly not sold on him as workhorse RB, hopefully he can prove me wrong. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of him.

Still great value.

If Gase was trying to send a message, im not sure this is the way to do it.  Yeah, send him to the team with the best record in the NFL, that'll teach em...

He was complaining, and he got out.  I cant imagine Jay Ajayi is too upset about this.  

Now for the Eagles, hopefully it will go well.  I think the Eagles will stick with RB by comittee.  Blount has played well some games, and poor in others.  Maybe Ajayi can make up for that, and they can keep each other fresh as one is aging, and the other has a knee issue.

1 minute ago, JayWood2010 said:

If Gase was trying to send a message, im not sure this is the way to do it.  Yeah, send him to the team with the best record in the NFL, that'll teach em...

He was complaining, and he got out.  I cant imagine Jay Ajayi is too upset about this

Pretty much this. Especially after how vocal Gase has been about placing blame on the offense, when he's supposed to be the offensive guru.

Archived