Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

7 minutes ago, Phire said:

Has he been a 3-down back? I think he'll be part of a rotation here and his snaps will be more monitored.

I could be wrong but hasnt Miami wanted him to be a workhorse?

They did, hence the weekly rest day. Apparently that plan had deteriorated over the past few weeks.

He has been a 3-down back, but his ball / protection skills are merely acceptable. His true value is as a plant-and-cut runner. He runs outside zone particularly well.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

They did, hence the weekly rest day. Apparently that plan had deteriorated over the past few weeks.

He has been a 3-down back, but his ball / protection skills are merely acceptable. His true value is as a plant-and-cut runner. He runs outside zone particularly well.

Thats what I recalled. I think he'll benefit from being in a rotation. He'll have fresh legs against tired defenses, I think hell have some big runs.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Perhaps. He gets hot. It's not that being rotated in and out would make him ineffective, but he seems to be the kind of back to get in a groove.

Interesting, that's something to keep an eye on.

As long as this is a commitment to pounding the Rock 30+ times with Ajayi / Blount / Clement,  I'm all for it!! Prove me wrong DTM, Please!!!!

Treat the RB position like the DL keeping everyone fresh/hungry, protect Wentz, keep T.O.P. Let it Eat!! Just look at the size of our RB?

Blount 6'1 250

Ajayi 6' 220

Clement 5'10 220

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As long as this is a commitment to pounding the Rock 30+ times with Ajayi / Blount / Clement,  I'm all for it!! Prove me wrong DTM, Please!!!!

Treat the RB position like the DL keeping everyone fresh/hungry, protect Wentz, keep T.O.P. Let it Eat!! Just look at the size of our RB?

Blount 6'1 250

Ajayi 6' 220

Clement 5'10 220

rachel-phoebe-jump-up-and-down-clap-gif.

Archived