Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Pretty much this. Especially after how vocal Gase has been about placing blame on the offense, when he's supposed to be the offensive guru.

And to think he was a prized candidate for Eagles just last year.  Many of us wanted him.  Makes me think of something Chip Kelly would do.

To be fair he did do a good job with the Dolphins last year, but so did Chip Kelly year 1 w eagles.

1 minute ago, JayWood2010 said:

And to think he was a prized candidate for Eagles just last year.  Many of us wanted him.  Makes me think of something Chip Kelly would do.

To be fair he did do a good job with the Dolphins last year, but so did Chip Kelly year 1 w eagles.

I don't blame the offense being bad when you're forced to start Cutler and Matt Moore. What I do blame him for is publicly trashing the team he's supposed to be leading. It's just not a good look.

28 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't blame the offense being bad when you're forced to start Cutler and Matt Moore. What I do blame him for is publicly trashing the team he's supposed to be leading. It's just not a good look.

Yeah the "Special Teams is doing ok. But that is easy. You just run down and got people." If i was a ST player or coach I'd be pissed off at him.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah the "Special Teams is doing ok. But that is easy. You just run down and got people." If i was a ST player or coach I'd be pissed off at him.

Doesn't seem like much of a leader.

Ajayi's reputation really is just living off of 3 games. Yes, the fact that he managed 3 200 yard games in one season is worth noting in of itself and not something to ignore, but it's still concerning that this was his production in the 9 games following the breakout performances in 2016 (& not including the 3rd 200 yarder)

564 yards on 160 carries (3.5 Y/C), 2 TDs, 18 receptions for 91 yards (5.1 Y/R)

His last 16 games: 1,126 yards on 306 carries (3.7 Y/C), 2 TDs, 33 receptions for 162 yards (4.9 Y/R)

Looks to me like he's not an every down back, but a 2 down thumper who has been treated like an every down back. I guarantee Blount could rack up 162 receiving yards over a season if you played him on 3rd downs, especially if you gave him 50 looks. I haven't watched much Miami, but is our run blocking going to be that much better? I doubt it. It's been pretty mediocre outside of the Giants game, and that was before losing an elite tackle. At the very least teams will have to respect our passing attack more than they did in Miami. 

Again, for a 4th round pick I'm not too upset, but I'm certainly going to temper my expectations. I think Blount has done a good job running the ball, and I don't see the value of a 1-2 punch of two power backs.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Ajayi's reputation really is just living off of 3 games. Yes, the fact that he managed 3 200 yard games in one season is worth noting in of itself and not something to ignore, but it's still concerning that this was his production in the 9 games following the breakout performances in 2016 (& not including the 3rd 200 yarder)

His last 16 games: 1,126 yards on 306 carries (3.7 Y/C), 2 TDs, 33 receptions for 162 yards (4.9 Y/R)

Looks to me like he's not an every down back, but a 2 down thumper who has been treated like an every down back. I guarantee Blount could rack up 162 receiving yards over a season if you played him on 3rd downs, especially if you gave him 50 looks. I haven't watched much Miami, but is our run blocking going to be that much better? I doubt it. It's been pretty mediocre outside of the Giants game, and that was before losing an elite tackle. At the very least teams will have to respect our passing attack more than they did in Miami. 

Again, for a 4th round pick I'm not too upset, but I'm certainly going to temper my expectations. I think Blount has done a good job running the ball, and I don't see the value of a 1-2 punch of two power backs.

You sure seem pretty upset. 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why are you even critiquing this move? It was for a 4th round pick... We literally drafted Donnell Pumphrey for that... 

Just now, eagles18 said:

Why are you even critiquing this move? It was for a 4th round pick... We literally drafted Donnell Pumphrey for that... 

Seriously? It's a football forum. God forbid I critique the Eagles FO or don't join in on circle jerks when we're 7-1, although you literally give a perfect example of the FO's flaws. Just because we made a horrible draft pick doesn't mean 4th rounders don't have value. 

I mean yeah, it is just a 4th round pick, which is why I'm not freaking out. Just pointing out why I don't see the value of Ajayi. If we were going to make deadline moves, I thought what we needed on the offensive end was a tackle, another receiver, and then I'd look to our backfield, where I'd want a fast receiving back.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Seriously? It's a football forum. God forbid I critique the Eagles FO or don't join in on circle jerks when we're 7-1, although you literally give a perfect example of the FO's flaws. Just because we made a horrible draft pick doesn't mean 4th rounders don't have value. 

I mean yeah, it is just a 4th round pick, which is why I'm not freaking out. Just pointing out why I don't see the value of Ajayi. If we were going to make deadline moves, I thought what we needed on the offensive end was a tackle, another receiver, and then I'd look to our backfield, where I'd want a fast receiving back.

Precisely. Hopefully Ajayi proves worth it.

Archived